Who do Kings Fans want to see next?

Who would you like the Kings to face in round 2?

• Total voters
Thinking in a positive and hopefull manner I believe we can get past Seattle and make it to the next round. Now the question is... Denver or San Antonio?

I personally think we should play Denver but I would like to hear what you all have to say.

Reasons for my decision:
1. San Antonio has a killer defense, good offense, and experience.
2. San Antonio has a player named Tony Massenburg :mad: on their roster.
3. Denver has appeared to get rattled after giving up a game in their curent run.
4. San Antonio is clearly the better team.
5. Denver doesnt have the intimidation factor that S.A. does.

Feel free to add any of yours...

I have also added a poll to see what everyone thinks.

I have enough faith that we can win this series so Im not worried about looking ahead. Im not saying it like its a sure thing anyways. Its only what I think.

But if the Kings were to advance who would you want to play? That question doesnt mean we are looking ahead of ourselves... its just asking who is a better matchup.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One step at a time...

One game at a time...

I am not going to risk a jinx by being so presumptuous to every think about round 2. It's not like we have ANY control over the situation anyway...

I don't think it's arrogant for the fans to talk about what the better Round 2 matchup would be. It would, however, be arrogant if the players were thinking the same, but it's our job as loyal fans to think about such things and discuss them. If anything, we get entertainment talking about such things, which is what this game is supposed to be all about in the first place.

I'd be ecstatic if the Nuggets pulled it off (good step in the right direction tonight, I was very surprised that the Spurs couldn't hit a field for the last 10 min). I'll add to the the list:

1. The Kings would have home court.
2. Perhaps more importantly, Miller and Jackson should be getting more into shape and be more effective. It'd be nice to catch a break by playing the Nuggets just as the team is starting to gel and play at full strength.

I must say that the Nuggets are a very dangerous team and would give the give the Kings plenty of problems since they are so athletic, but I'll take the lesser of two evils anyday.

A

AriesMar27

i'll wait until we get there... but if denver wins why would we want to play them? they just beat the spurs.... that would suck for lebron if both carmelo and darko get rings before him.... well, darko already does... and wade will probably be going to the finals.... damn the 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks in last years draft will have played in the finals and lebron wouldnt have even seen playoff action.... not to mention kirk hinrich doin it big with gordon.... gotta love them baby bulls.....

Team Dime said:
I don't think it's arrogant for the fans to talk about what the better Round 2 matchup would be. It would, however, be arrogant if the players were thinking the same, but it's our job as loyal fans to think about such things and discuss them. If anything, we get entertainment talking about such things, which is what this game is supposed to be all about in the first place.

I'd be ecstatic if the Nuggets pulled it off (good step in the right direction tonight, I was very surprised that the Spurs couldn't hit a field for the last 10 min). I'll add to the the list:

1. The Kings would have home court.
2. Perhaps more importantly, Miller and Jackson should be getting more into shape and be more effective. It'd be nice to catch a break by playing the Nuggets just as the team is starting to gel and play at full strength.

I must say that the Nuggets are a very dangerous team and would give the give the Kings plenty of problems since they are so athletic, but I'll take the lesser of two evils anyday.
Oh Yah... Forgot about the Kings home court advantage if Denver wins... but would that matter?... They just beat SA in SA and SA has the best home record in the league. I still think SA is the better team... they just played like crap.

I dont think we have any control over what happens. I understand VF21 and her thoughts about not even thinking about round 2 because she doesnt want to jinx it but I do the same every game. I feel if I do something and they start winning then Ill keep doing it but if they dont start winning then I will change. Its all pshycological but I think this gives us something to talk about and break down/prepare for an expected 2nd round. I would just rather think positive about moving on than having any doubt in my mind. Dont get me wrong, this series isnt a walk in the park for the Kings. Kings in 6.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why should we be talking about round 2? Sorry, BIC...we haven't even one a game yet in round 1. There are just TOO MANY variables to consider, IMHO.

Break down and prepare for an expected 2nd round? Um, we're the fans. It's the team that is going to have to prepare for the second round IF - and that's a very big IF - they make it past the Sonics. You know they aren't thinking about the second round.

I don't know if you've been through the playoffs as a Kings fan before or not, but you really need to enjoy each game as it happens and not rush the whole experience. It will be over all too quickly anyway...

I'm a realistic fan, too. BUT there's nothing wrong with having a preference matchup in the second round if the Kings precede. :)

I like San Antonio because I believe they don't have another championship run in them.

AriesMar27 said:
i'll wait until we get there... but if denver wins why would we want to play them? they just beat the spurs.... that would suck for lebron if both carmelo and darko get rings before him.... well, darko already does... and wade will probably be going to the finals.... damn the 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks in last years draft will have played in the finals and lebron wouldnt have even seen playoff action.... not to mention kirk hinrich doin it big with gordon.... gotta love them baby bulls.....
Darko didn't exactly play in the Finals last year. Also, I think either the Nuggets or the Spurs would beat the Kings in 5 games at most, so it doesn't really matter.

VF21 said:
Why should we be talking about round 2? Sorry, BIC...we haven't even one a game yet in round 1. There are just TOO MANY variables to consider, IMHO.

Break down and prepare for an expected 2nd round? Um, we're the fans. It's the team that is going to have to prepare for the second round IF - and that's a very big IF - they make it past the Sonics. You know they aren't thinking about the second round.

I don't know if you've been through the playoffs as a Kings fan before or not, but you really need to enjoy each game as it happens and not rush the whole experience. It will be over all too quickly anyway...
I like the idea of talking about it now because we're going to have to siscuss pretty soon anyway. At least as soon as this round is done. :D

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Thinking in a positive and hopefull manner I believe we can get past Seattle and make it to the next round. Now the question is... Denver or San Antonio?

I personally think we should play Denver but I would like to hear what you all have to say.

Reasons for my decision:
3. Denver has appeared to get rattled after giving up a game in their curent run.

JINX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:

Reasons for my decision:

i feel we should play san antonio. if we're as good as we say we are, then we shouldn't be scared to play the best. and if we lose, it helps to evaluate you squad, however if we win, that says a whole lot about your team

loopymitch said:
I choose to answer this WHEN we beat the Sonics. BTW have they announced when our last games will be? It was TBD last I heard.
Everyone seems to be missing the point of the thread. The underlying point is who do you want to win the series... Denver or SA becuase we COULD/WOULD end up playing one of them. This isnt a wait and see thing... when our series is over, theirs will likely be over too. Im not asking this like Im so confident we are going to win and that im thinking about the next round. Im asking who you want to win their seires because if we win ours who do we want to see.

Sorry ...

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Everyone seems to be missing the point of the thread. The underlying point is who do you want to win the series... Denver or SA becuase we COULD/WOULD end up playing one of them. This isnt a wait and see thing... when our series is over, theirs will likely be over too. Im not asking this like Im so confident we are going to win and that im thinking about the next round. Im asking who you want to win their seires because if we win ours who do we want to see.
Then that's how it should have been WORDED ...

In that case, I'll go with Denver .....

D

DeAtHrOw

I really think we should wait and see what happens in this series. If we keep playing like we did in game 1 your poll is going to be more like:

"Which golf course do you think Kings prefer?"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Just a hint? If everyone is missing the point of the thread, it's probably because you didn't say what you meant.

Your question is pretty clear: "Who would you like the Kings to face in round 2?"

I believe we can get past Seattle and make it to the next round. Now the question is... Denver or San Antonio?

I personally think we should play Denver but I would like to hear what you all have to say...
We're a pretty superstititous group around here for the most part, especially after everything that's happened in the past few years. ADD to it that we're going with an unknown combination of players into this year's playoffs, and a lot of us do NOT want to look past the next game, especially when we haven't won a game in round 1 yet.

I think you might get more response and less objections once we've actually seen a little more of what the team can do in round one.

;)

VF21 said:

agreed