Where in the world is Courtney Alexander???

When is Courtney Alexander returning??? ...the kings need some scoring punch off of the bench and Alexander may be exactly what the kings are missing... his contract becomes guarenteed on December 1, but i don't think the maloofs will keep him unless he proves he can still play and stay healthy before the December 1st deadline... he has about 2 weeks and a handful of games left to prove he belongs... is there any Alexander sightings at practice???

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Im guesing that if Courtny is not able to play in the next few weeks the Kings will have to cut him loose and possible sign another FA (assuiming there is any one worth while out there) but as is they are paying vets min for about 5 min of one preseason game... not much bang for the buck.

I have heard it is going to be very soon, if you have noticed he has been at every game(both home and away)and vocal in cheering especially Mike Bibby. He has been practicing with the team.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
His nursing a pulled hamstring I belive. I also belive he has an unguarenteed contract, hence my suggestion the Kings cut their losses if he cant suite up in the next few weeks. Those who remember my posts and my afinity for former Bulldogs will know that I am a supporter of Courtney, but buisness is buisness and if the Kings cant some one that can play whay waste the roster space on Courtney.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
While I agree that he could very well be cut loose here if he doesn't make an appearance on court in a hurrt, I'm not really sure that's a good idea. Courtney's really not wasting any space -- he's sitting there on the IL and we could even stick two more guys beihind if if we wanted to.

The real question is is he wasting money? But given the state of our bench, I'm not sure cutting him loose would be a good idea unless the injury is going to keep him out through March or something. Not like there are a lot of proven gems just floating around out there in FA at this point either. The hyper-cost cutting has just got to stop at some point if he Maloofs are serious about making one more run with this core group. We got overextended two years ago with the 10 deep team, but right now we're just barely scraping by with our depth. If there's any chance Alexander can help, spend the money.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Good point on the difference betwwen wasint roster room and cap space/dollars. If he is getting vets min, then what the heck... UNLESS there is someone else out there that could actualy earn a pay check. Im concerned that if the Kings wait untill he can play it will be April and then if they actualy do paly him he will be so rusty as to be a liaablity. This is a guy that idealy should have been playing big min in preseason getting his game back. I love him but I'd hate to see Courtney playing bad for the Kings in May. I hope I am wrong and he can get soem court time before Jan shake off the rust and be in good shape to bring it all on court in the spring.

I want Courtney to get out on the court so maybe Adelman will quit using his 7 man rotation. If this continues then he will, again,run this team into the ground before we even get to the playoffs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ryle said:
I want Courtney to get out on the court so maybe Adelman will quit using his 7 man rotation. If this continues then he will, again,run this team into the ground before we even get to the playoffs.
In most games, Adelman has used an 8-player rotation, with Bobby, Barnes and Darius all getting into the mix. In addition, against some teams Tag has seen limited minutes.

The point right now is to get the core players up to stride. Talking about running the team into the ground by using a 7- or 8-player rotation is inaccurate. What ran the team into the ground in the past, if you insist on that type of expression, was excessive injuries, players like Pedja and Vlade who competed on the International level during the off-season, etc.

If Courtney can't get onto the court soon, I think he'll be gone.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Hmmm! Reading comments about Courtney not returning til late in the season has me wondering. Please remind me exactly what kind of injury he is suffering from.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ryle said:
Rick has HAD to go to the short rotation here to pull us out of the slump. Quite frankly we were playing too many guys early, and it was killing our rhythm/chemistry.

But that said, I do agree about the need to get an extra dependable player in the rotation here sooner or later though. Right now we're really only about 6 1/2 + some short bursts from Tag and Barnes. Would love to get that up to about 8 at some point with Bobby, Tag/Songaila, and Barnes/Alexander(maybe) in the full rotation and the two alternate guys not in the full rotation (i.e. if Tag is in the full rotation, then Darius) getting some spot minutes each night.

But I don't think we can really worry about doing that too much until we firmly reestablish ourselves as a top team with our main guys. Maybe after the homestand, we can start working on the depper rotation in Dec.

6th said:
Hmmm! Reading comments about Courtney not returning til late in the season has me wondering. Please remind me exactly what kind of injury he is suffering from.
those comments are inaccurate..he is going to be coming off the IL very soon...and its his left foot that is bothering him now, not the pulled hamstring, he hurt the foot over in China. Bone scan came up negative, I think now its a getting him comfortable with the team and conditioning issue now that is keeping him off the active list, remember he didnt get to practice at all with this system during the pre-season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If it's a matter of "getting him comfortable with the team and conditioning," then shouldn't he be activated so he CAN work out and get into condition?