what was the last movie you watched?

I last saw Memoirs of a Geisha. Beautiful scenery and costumes, but I was really glad I read the book first. It explained so many things the movie didn't. Like reading a book with only the punch lines and no background...

Legends Of The Fall. Even though this movie came out a long time ago I was very impressed with this flick, I actually saw the whole thing for the first time. I consider Brad Pitt's best roles in Fight club, Snatch and Seven but honestly, this was a GREAT movie. I LOVED it.

atxrocker said:
Garamel, did you watch the unrated version? I did not see the 40 yr old virgin till it came out on dvd and it was way funnier than I thought it would be.
I did the same thing, and I did see the unrated one. Kept having people popping veins in their temples when I told them I hadn't seen it yet. Someone lent it to me. I watched it in my video game chair.

'End of the Spear' yesterday. It was pretty good, definitely worth a viewing. I still would like to read the book though and get the real story on what happened. I'm sure the book is much more comprehensive.

I saw Brokeback Mountain on Saturday evening. Apparently the guy sitting next to me lives under a rock and was really, REALLY unhappy when he discovered the plot of the movie.

The film itself, however, was quite good. Didn't quite know where to end though.

Tom Yum Goong, featuring the same actor as Ong-Bak Tony Jaa... wow, though I did not appreciate the storyline as much as Ong-Bak the fight scenes are really excellent. If your a fan of martial arts you should see this.

cinderella man- i liked it. russell crowe is such a great actor. he really got robbed of an oscar nomination. very insperational movie

the constant gardener- VERY good movie. very dark. i'm sure these kinds of things happen all the time, the big corporate boys stopping anyone from finding out the truth. great acting! the girl is going to win the oscar, she was great

Evenstar said:
cinderella man- i liked it. russell crowe is such a great actor. he really got robbed of an oscar nomination. very insperational movie

the constant gardener- VERY good movie. very dark. i'm sure these kinds of things happen all the time, the big corporate boys stopping anyone from finding out the truth. great acting! the girl is going to win the oscar, she was great
Evenstar-I completely agree in regards to Cinderella Man... this movie delivered far more than I had anticipated. Really surprised me with its quality.

Mindhunters...Movie was really interesting, kept me guessing to the end on who was the bad guy. Some of the death scenes are not for the faint of hearted.
Typical LL Cool J acting(who was in the last half of the movie-about an hour), and Val Kilmer was only in it for maybe a total of half hour. Also proof beyond a doubt that Christian Slater does have that clause in his contract...he was only in the film for maybe 10 mins and still managed to have IT implied.

Just finished watching Proof... Meh. Not as effective as the play.

However, I am about to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to see Eight Below.

Why? WHY Lord?? Why hast thou forsaken me with so few plans this weekend that I'm actually going to see a Disney film (with a grown woman, I might add) starring Paul Walker and sled dogs.

What I wouldn't give for a distraction, an emergency, some sort of catastrophe that needs my attention exclusively so that I can be spared the torture that I'm am about to endure. ANYTHING will do.

Perhaps if I concentrate hard enough, I can convince myself to get a migraine, or the flu, or mumps.

GoGoGadget said:
Just finished watching Proof... Meh. Not as effective as the play.

However, I am about to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to see Eight Below.

Why? WHY Lord?? Why hast thou forsaken me with so few plans this weekend that I'm actually going to see a Disney film (with a grown woman, I might add) starring Paul Walker and sled dogs.

What I wouldn't give for a distraction, an emergency, some sort of catastrophe that needs my attention exclusively so that I can be spared the torture that I'm am about to endure. ANYTHING will do.

Perhaps if I concentrate hard enough, I can convince myself to get a migraine, or the flu, or mumps.
good lord, I feel for you. Watching any movie with Paul Walker is surely not good for my health. My dog could pass for a better actor. Funny the box office was so weak this past weekend that this movie was #1 with 25 mil.

atxrocker said:
good lord, I feel for you. Watching any movie with Paul Walker is surely not good for my health. My dog could pass for a better actor. Funny the box office was so weak this past weekend that this movie was #1 with 25 mil.
The sled dogs were better actors than Mr. Walker.

By a lot.

The film was actually quite beautiful, just for the Antarctic scenery. It even came very close to almost jerking a tear out of me -- cheesy or not, you'd have to be a robot to not get a little worked up at the pets in peril angle -- but any bit of screen time taken up by one of the human actors was painful.

This one will have to be filed in the there-goes-two-hours-from-my-life category.

GoGoGadget said:
This one will have to be filed in the there-goes-two-hours-from-my-life category.
Oh, I have way too many already in that category.

I watched "Lord Of War" with Nic Cage this past weekend on dvd.. it was better than I had thought it would be, but definetely not an oscar winner. entertaining and decent, which alone is saying something since im not really a Cage fan.

I saw Shogun Assasin for the like 10th time today.. the soundbites they use on the Wu-Tang 36 Chambers album came from this flick. it is really good and I never really get tired of seeing it.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Recently saw Transamerica... Felicty Huffman was brilliant and the movie is bohsmart, funny and moving... a real keeper and definalty top nothc acting on Hufman's part!