what was the last movie you watched?

watched a foreign flick called "Cronicas " today after work.It takes place in Ecuador. It was pretty interesting, though I was dissapointed in the ending.

Finally got around to watching "the name of the rose"

was really, really slow to start, about the time i was ready to give up on it, I gave it 5 more minutes and it finally got interesting.

decent movie. Good acting by Sean Connery.

I swear Christian Slater must have a clause in his contracts that states "i must get laid, or have the appearance of getting laid in the movie" ;) lol

The last movie I sat and watched all of was "Crash" with Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, Brendan Frasier, couple of other big names....can't remember them all right now. Loved it and the whole message of the movie. It's one of the few movies that I think everyone should see at least once.

Watched "Hoosiers" on HBO (I think) the other night. Still love that movie.

Finally saw Wedding Crashers over the weekend. I LOVED that movie!! So incredibly funny, and suprisingly touching and moving in the more serious scenes. I kept watching my favorite scenes over. I think I'm gonna add this one to my movie collection.

T

thesanityannex

Just watched "Grizzly Man" and it was amazing. I thought it would be just about this guy bonding with grizzlies but it goes far beyond that. The man, Timothy Treadwell, opens up his whole life to the camera and it makes for some moving scenes. (its just him and a camera) Definitely check this movie out, well worth the rental fee.

i watched "king kong" today. it was good.

the only things that bothered me were some of the situations they encountered in the jungle. some of those situtations seemed a little too unbelievable to be able to survive. and i REALLY hated the gigantic bugs. they grossed me out to no end. i had to hide my eyes. major disgusting

other then that i liked it. jack black was great. i had really been intrested in seeing him take on a serious role, even if his character was not very likeable. the music was really nice also ;)

and the sweetest part, i FINALLY got to see the da vinci doce trailer!!!! and the x-3 trailer on the big screen. may can't come soon enough!!!!!!

Evenstar said:
yah that can happen with netflix. i had to wait nearly 2 months to get the first disc of LOST, i was very tempted to go to blockbluster. i somehow gutted it out, and man was it worth the wait. i freaking love that show!!! :D back to netflix, what i try and do when i know a movie is coming out that i'm dying to see, do a search on it, and usually it will show the movie, and give you the option of saving it. save it. when the release date comes nearer, it will go to the bottom of your queue, i then move it to the very top so when it comes out, i'll get it as soon as i can.
I have Netflix, too. There are a lot of things I like about it, but one thing that has irked me is too many times I get the DVD and it's scratched or torn and I can't play it. They're very good about sending a replacement, but it is still very frustrating.

GameBall said:
I saw "Walk the Line" and "King Kong" over the weekend. Both were very good.
gameball, which was better? I am wanting to see both, Walk the Line alittle more.. but just would want your opinion on which you personally think is better, more entertaining, deeper(however you judge) thanks for your input

GameBall said:
I have Netflix, too. There are a lot of things I like about it, but one thing that has irked me is too many times I get the DVD and it's scratched or torn and I can't play it. They're very good about sending a replacement, but it is still very frustrating.
That can happen with every video store. And when the movie is really popular, then there's more of a chance of getting a scratched DVD. One thing that does help somewhat with the scratches is if you gently wipe the DVD with a soft cloth before inserting it.

I saw Hostel on saturday, and Glory Road just last night. Hostel was interesting.. kinda nasty tho. Glory Road to me was good, it got a little boring at times.

Bibbylicious said:
Saw Rumor Has It on Saturday, it was funny. Shirley Maclaine had some good lines.
Yes, but the company was GREAT!!!:D

I too enjoyed "Rumor Has It" Shirley McLaine stole the show...very funny.

I'd have more time to watch MY Christmas DVD's (Like The Longest Yard) if I wasn't so busy burning DVD's of every game for a certain Kings Fan!!;)

GameBall said:
i know what that is like. i've gotten several recently that are cracked.

it's important to report it as soon as you find out, they always send the replacement the next day without waiting until the broken one gets back to them which i like.

I saw Brokeback Mountain a couple weeks ago. It's as good as everyone says it is. The homosexual element is secondary to the story, it is really about forbidden love.

The men suffer because of their affair, it isn't glorified, nor is there explicit sex. It's kind of like watching an especially fascinating reality show, but with much better acting and cinematography.