What movie made you cry?

I don't really cry at movies, but these two got me:

My Best Friend's Wedding (when Julia tells Michael how she feels)
Armageddon (when Bruce Willis goes instead)

For some reason, the finales of my favorite TV shows always make me cry.... I was first a victim of when "The Cosby Show" ended. Since then, I have fallen to "Friends" and more recently "Sex and the City."

Ugh.... I cry whenver an animal gets hurt.... I cant even watch Animal Planet. That tears me up.

The Classics, Bambi, Old Yeller, Where the Red fern Grows all get me, etc....

If i get really into a movie and something happens ill ball like a baby(course I make sure im alone).... Its sad really...lol

But BD is worse then I:p ;)

A movie has not made me cry EVER. But I came close when i was watching Ferenheight (sp?) 9/11 when that mother was telling the story about her son in Iraq and how she slowly lost faith in the counrty and the president.

gladiator "go to them" that always gets me bawling

armageddon when teh screen goes blank that liv tyler is watching

ROTK when they get to the grey havens. i really start bawling when frodo says goodbye to sam. oh sam! i almost cried in FOTR during the bridge of kazad-dum when galdaf fell.

titanic made me cry, life as a house makes me cry.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well this is interesting.

First of all let me just confirm my macho guy credentials...er...let's go with: I had my jaw broken playing football in law school. I finished the rest of the game (happend in first quarter) spitting up blood. Then I went to the rest of my classes that day with an icebag on the jaw. Then I went into the bathroom to spit up some more blood and noticed that when I pressed on the right side of my jaw, the whole lower jaw shifted over to the left out of alignment with the top jaw. I decided this was a bad sign. So I walked over to the hospital and had to stay overnight so they could set the jaw and wire it shut for 6 weeks. Then after 4 weeks I demanded they take the wires off because I had a debate that week and needed to be able to speak clearly. I'm tough damnit!!! REALLY tough! GRRRRRR!!!!!!! :p

That said, the interesting thing is that I have been effected by a high percentage of the same movies that have been mentioned here. Not sure whether I ever actually cry over anything (movies or not), but tearing up/lump in throat is possible:

Bambi's Mom -- when I was a kid did it (of course I also got a hoot out of Bambi vs. Godzilla so not sure what it means)
ET dying -- when I was about 11 or so
Ghost -- the ending.
Return of the King
several points in The Fellowship of the Ring
Gladiator (end)
Field of Dreams may have, not sure
Armageddon end death of Bruce

And also now that I think about it:
end sequence of Dances with Wolves came close
the Armageddon moment in Deep Impact (where they sacrifice themselves to save Earth)
the finale episode of Babylon 5 called "Sleeping in Light" -- amazingly poetic end

But I'm tough damnit! And if anyone here tells anyone about this I will kick their ***!!! ;)

Last edited:
The Notebook!!

Brick-this should have been included in you chick flick fest.

Seriously, very touching love story!!!

Also, Saving Private Ryan for a different reason.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
G_M said:
The Notebook!!

Brick-this should have been included in you chick flick fest.

Seriously, very touching love story!!!

Also, Saving Private Ryan for a different reason.
Shhh...don't bother me right now -- I'm busy chewing on a box of nails. ;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Bricklayer said:
Shhh...don't bother me right now -- I'm busy chewing on a box of nails. ;)
ROFLMAO!!

I am laughing so hard I can't stop crying. Oh, this is about movies.

I am a very sentimental person, so most of the movies mentioned here made me at least tear up.

The ending of Ghost, however, had me full out sobbing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Part 1 of the still-yet-to-be-viewed-in-its-entirety Kingsfans Trilogy definitely brought a tear to my eyes. Especially the part about my dear little furry minions...

There's something about Mary also made me cry!!!
I nearly die laughing that movie....

Well, also Johnny Q. and I am Sam made my eyes wet!

My sister watched Stepmom and the (Ed harris - "Don't walk away to your mother! Never, ever walk away to her".....then his daughter said- "Its your job") scene made me went to my room to wipe that stupid tear
'coz my sister might see me....hehe...

Brick, send me those box of nails...quickly! so i won't remember these again...

*Serbprincess* said:
house of sand and fog, that was really sad i still get sad thinking about it
that movie had me crying for my money back. that was just depressing.

i am sam also made me cry.

and i just know when harry potter 5 comes out on video, i'll cry during that. i cried both times i read it.

*Serbprincess* said:
house of sand and fog, that was really sad i still get sad thinking about it
Oh God, I forgot about House of Sand and Fog! I was sobbing my eyes out! Ben Kinglsey's performance stayed with me for weeks!

Sorry for the graphical explanation...

nAj jAn™ said:
What about May 27, 2002?

Sixth Man- (At the locker when the coach told that Antoine Tyler died)
Thank god that I'm not the only person on this board that saw that movie. Although my brother had me watch that movie too many times to cry about it.

The one movie that makes me cry is Amistad. Watching women, men and children thrown off a boat like human anchors is just too darn emotional for one to handle.

Evenstar said:
that movie had me crying for my money back. that was just depressing.

i am sam also made me cry.

and i just know when harry potter 5 comes out on video, i'll cry during that. i cried both times i read it.
yeah i cried when i read that too:eek: