What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
though I am mostly a rock and roll or alternative fan I have been enjoying all of the recent Texas artists coming out and some are blowing up internationally. Mike Jones, Slim thug, Paul Wall and Lil Keke are really going big everywhere. Being fom Austin its cool that southern rappers are finally competing with some of the bigger acts in the scene. still a long ways to go though. Really I apperciate true hip hop of any kinds. Very versatile with musice .

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jeff Buckley doing covers of Zep's "Night Flight", Dylan's "I shall be released" and Van the Man's "Sweet Thing".

Not for the casual fan, but for people who like Jeff Buckley, this 2 CD set from his early days is awesome. Just the man, his guitar and a microphone. Good stuff.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Variations on a theme I guess:

A Tribe Called Quest - "I Left My Wallet in El Segundo"

and "I like it Like That"

The Love Movement isn't Tribe at their best, but it's an underrated album IMO. And while people love the first two albums, Midnight Marauders is not only their best record but perhaps my favorite hip-hop album of all time.

funkykingston said:
The Love Movement isn't Tribe at their best, but it's an underrated album IMO. And while people love the first two albums, Midnight Marauders is not only their best record but perhaps my favorite hip-hop album of all time.
"The Love Movement" is the only of their albums that wasn't stolen from my dorm room. I wasn't thrilled with it when I bought it, but it has grown on me in the last couple of years. I need to replace the rest, however. I miss them.

Currently listening to "This Must Be the Place" by Talking Heads (streak had to end at some point)

O

ONEZERO

Camron feat kanye- "down n' out".... Personally, I can't stand camron.... I think he's bad for rap especially that crazy pink wave he started, but kanye and him produce a very catchy song.

T

thesanityannex

GoGoGadget said:
"The Love Movement" is the only of their albums that wasn't stolen from my dorm room. I wasn't thrilled with it when I bought it, but it has grown on me in the last couple of years. I need to replace the rest, however. I miss them.

Currently listening to "This Must Be the Place" by Talking Heads (streak had to end at some point)
I've got the "love movement" on vinyl and its got six more unbelievable songs. better than the rest of the album. its the only record i use out of them.

I've got that darn Tom Petty song "Learning to Fly" going through my head for the past few days now. It was played during a movie preview, and now I can't get it out of my head. I don't even like it that much!

I just heard the oddest song mixing on Howard 93.7. It was that song by Nine Inch Nails, I don't know what the exact title is, but it goes "will you bite the hand that feeds you". That song was combined with "Ghostbusters" to form one song. I kid you not. It actually sounded very decent. Kudos to creativity of the person whose idea this was.

Status
Not open for further replies.