What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
funkykingston said:
Great album. I still like The Soft Bulletin better, but they're both fantastic.

I'm currently listening to Beck's "Debra" from Midnight Vultures
yeah...i like the soft bulletin better, too. but yoshimi has definitely got its moments. saw them live with the chili peps earlier this year. it was friggin awesome.

mew - apocalypso

Fillmoe said:
i aint a hater but 10 dollars says Ciara leaves him
mmhmm....hater

no i'm just playin...she'd be stupid cuz Bow Wow is pretty good catch if you ask me...unfortunetly for Bow Wow she's not giving anything up (if ya know what I mean :winkwinknudgenudge: )

I AIN'T HEARD OF THAT by Slim Thug

followed by...

Fine by Mos Def off the BROWN SUGAR soundtrack

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Can I Kick It?" - A Tribe Called Quest

I'm binging on Tribe right now. Normally wholesale appropriation of good songs (in this case Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side") annoys me to no end, but Tribe pulls it off beautifully.

Contrast that with Marky Mark's use of the same sample which is #18 on my list of crimes against music. Will Smith (The Clash and Stevie Wonder among his victims) occupies a couple spots in the top ten, but public enemy number one is one Sean "Puffy" Combs.

For a brief period last year I was using "Kashmir" as my ring tone, and when it went off a teenager said, "Ooh, I love that Puff Daddy song" Sting's songs are one thing, but Zeppelin? For shame. And shame on you too, Jimmy Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.