What About Cuttino's Future

Would You Like to See Mobley Stay or Go?

• Total voters
Bricklayer said:
Other note, of particular concern to this franchise, of all franchises: Jaric can't seem to stay healthy. Now mix that with a few angry Indian spirits and you have :eek: .

Good size though, and a DC like game (poor man's). And although I hate to raise this again, as with Vlade another potential safety blanket for our SF. I find it more than ludicrous that we even have to consider getting a grown man a blankie, but if we're stuck with Peja, for whatever reason, then it would behoove this frachise to think about getting him people he'll actually play hard for/with.
I think that blankie is all figment of our own imagination. Otherwise it is incomprehensible - and we can't have that ;).

Bricklayer said:
Other note, of particular concern to this franchise, of all franchises: Jaric can't seem to stay healthy. Now mix that with a few angry Indian spirits and you have :eek: .

Good size though, and a DC like game (poor man's). And although I hate to raise this again, as with Vlade another potential safety blanket for our SF. I find it more than ludicrous that we even have to consider getting a grown man a blankie, but if we're stuck with Peja, for whatever reason, then it would behoove this frachise to think about getting him people he'll actually play hard for/with.
Good point re Jaric's durability.

I haven't mentioned Jaric because he would be a safety blanket for Peja. I just think a fir Jaric would fit into the system well as he is a solid defender, nice size and can play PG and give Bibby a bit more freedom. Jaric is good at running the offence and he is a good passer. I am sure there are other better options out there than Jaric but witht he money we have to spend it would make it alsmost impossible to get a better player.

Peja is big enough and ugly enough to take care of himself. If he needs a babysitter then he is a bigger sook than I thought.

I like how potent our backcourt has become! Mike and Cuttino seem to be a good combo. I think they both like the way the other plays. And if we lost Peja we would definitely need Cat's outside shooting!

Go. See if we can get a good 2 guard like Hughes(wishful thinking) or Joe Johnson (again wishful thinking) or start Mo at the 2. Or sign and trade Cat to Indiana for Artest, and start Artest at the 2.

Not sure I like the Hughes idea

Dont mind JJ or Artest for CAT in some sign and trade deal. Not sure if JJ is a FA this year. Actually if those were sign and trades either would be be nice pickups by Petrie. I wanna wait til the season is over til I rack my brain with all this.

BigWaxer said:
Not sure I like the Hughes idea

Dont mind JJ or Artest for CAT in some sign and trade deal. Not sure if JJ is a FA this year. Actually if those were sign and trades either would be be nice pickups by Petrie. I wanna wait til the season is over til I rack my brain with all this.
JJ will be a restricted free agent this summer, and will probably cost alot of money. I'd be ecstatic if we got Artest somehow.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
...and then we have a game like today which makes me want to send Cuttino packing right away because obviously something has to change and Brad, Peja, and Mike have been around long enough that I'd miss them more. If the guys could play with any kind of consistency it'd be a lot easier to look at what we have and determine where we need to make changes to improve the team.

My thinking from the past few games is - (1) we really need Brad back because we've got no size in there at all. I love the energy on the boards, but teams are scoring at will in the paint while we have to force everything at the other end of the floor (2) Peja's been playing a lot tougher - driving to the hoop and drawing fouls. The other scoring leaders are getting to the line and padding their boxscores with a dozen or so FTs a night (AI anyone?). Peja looks a lot more like a star player when he's got double digit freethrow attempts in his boxscore. (3) Mike's effectiveness at driving the lane and hitting the open shot off the screen is directly related to how well the rest of the team is spreading the floor to open up the defense. When we're losing we're playing 1 on 1 basketball instead of the offensive team game that used to be the King's calling card. And Mike can't do much to change that, it's everyone else out there not doing their part to make the offense work.

So my conclusion is thus - We can't afford to be giving up size at 3 positions. We can have an undersized SG or an undersized PF and make it work, but not both. Obviously having 6'9" Brian Skinner playing center too only compounds the problem. So yeah, Mobley, Skinner, Thomas. They're all getting it done sometimes but if we want a team that gets it done all the time, we need someone with some size and speed at SG or PF. Preferably both.

I wanted to dredge up this old thread today, because it seems that Cutino Mobley is being accused of a lot of things.

"Auditioning for the NBA"
"Ball Hog"
"One on One Player"
"Individual"
"Me First"
"Strongest Personality on the Team"

I like Cutino Mobley's game. He probably is the most aggressive offensive player we have. Defensively I do believe he is undersized, but on most nights defensively he competes against those he match up well with..

I do believe the perception of Mobley is somewhat unfair. When he was traded for, he came to provide an offensive punch, and he has done that. There are times that I wish that he would not play so much one on one, but to me it is because he does not trust these guys who he does not know. He trust Bibby, because Bibby is the only name that ever comes out of his mouth. He trusted Chris Webber, but he is no longer here. The rest of these guys he does not know. And for the media to make these veiled assumptions that Mobley is a selfish guy to me is unfair.

Purple Reign said:
There are times that I wish that he would not play so much one on one, but to me it is because he does not trust these guys who he does not know. He trust Bibby, because Bibby is the only name that ever comes out of his mouth. He trusted Chris Webber, but he is no longer here. The rest of these guys he does not know. And for the media to make these veiled assumptions that Mobley is a selfish guy to me is unfair.
I'm not sure if it's a lack of trust. It just seems that it is extremely unnatural for Cuttino to do anything other than hold the ball for a few seconds when he gets it, make a few fakes, then drive and pull up for a jumper. It kind of reminds me of Keon Clark...you knew he was gonna shoot it, once he was done faking ten times. Having said that, he's our best 1 on 1 creator...maybe the only one. Not always a fun type to play with, though.

Cat will get the MLE from someone, likely nothing more than that but still a reasonable price for a very soild SG. Wouldn't mind us getting him If we don't re-signRay. Although Cat has been known as a ballhog and abit of a problem child.

Let him go, spend the money on Bobby Simmons from the Clippers, cause you know Sterling won't. I'm also wary of Cat's production in a non-contract year.

Purple Reign said:
I wanted to dredge up this old thread today, because it seems that Cutino Mobley is being accused of a lot of things.

"Auditioning for the NBA"
"Ball Hog"
"One on One Player"
"Individual"
"Me First"
"Strongest Personality on the Team"

I like Cutino Mobley's game. He probably is the most aggressive offensive player we have. Defensively I do believe he is undersized, but on most nights defensively he competes against those he match up well with..

I do believe the perception of Mobley is somewhat unfair. When he was traded for, he came to provide an offensive punch, and he has done that. There are times that I wish that he would not play so much one on one, but to me it is because he does not trust these guys who he does not know. He trust Bibby, because Bibby is the only name that ever comes out of his mouth. He trusted Chris Webber, but he is no longer here. The rest of these guys he does not know. And for the media to make these veiled assumptions that Mobley is a selfish guy to me is unfair.
cat doesnt trust peja ... bibby doesnt trust peja ... looks like no1 belives in hm ... way to support a guy

LjuboDaMan said:
cat doesnt trust peja ... bibby doesnt trust peja ... looks like no1 belives in hm ... way to support a guy
i dont know if i believe that? it looks to me that peja isnt asking for the ball, its like he doesnt want it. so idk if its the bibby and cat dont TRUST peja, i think they do trust him.

LjuboDaMan said:

It would be extremely hard to trust a guy who apparently doesn't trust himself.
Did you see how he was unloading the ball last night like it was on fire instead of taking a shot?

i donot trust him anymore i think he is most selfish person on the team right now and not at all helpping us to win playoffs. barking at his teamats and can not finish dunk becouse too weak. by all means bring CHRISTE BACK. MOBLEY OUT AND I HOPE MILLER WILL START KICKING ASSES IN A LOCKER ROOM. BECOUSE WE LOOSING SEARES TO SEA...

D

Double E

mindozas said:
CHRISTE BACK. MOBLEY OUT AND I HOPE MILLER WILL START KICKING ASSES IN A LOCKER ROOM. BECOUSE WE LOOSING SEARES TO SEA...
Christie would really help this team this series with a recently surgically repaired, non, rehabilated foot.:rolleyes:

Ray Allen34 said:
Couldn't you say the same about Simmons?
Yeah, but he also was finally able to get consistent time this year since the guys in front of him left the team. Mobley has always been kind of a sin curve when it comes to production, and then he gets here and starts putting up points. I'm a little wary of that.

I have the feeling there is a team out there somewhere that will pay Cat more than he may be worth. Once again it wouldn't make much sense if we let him go for nothing.