What About Cuttino's Future

Would You Like to See Mobley Stay or Go?

• Total voters
My dream situation goes like this: Don't resign Mobley and get Michael Redd. (Mobley's awesome but Redd is a step up).

Then do some sort of trade involving Corliss and Thomas and spare parts to get Tyson Chandler from the Bulls. I think he is a free agent this summer so maybe some kind of sign and trade. Chandler gets 3 blocks per 48 minutes (Imagine him and Skinner in) and 16.3 rebounds per 48.

Then draft that Morrison guy from Gonzaga to back up Peja if he's in our draftable range because I saw some scouts write that he's like Larry Bird. And Make Peja pump some major iron in the offseason so he can get some rebounds.

PG- Bibby, Jackson, House
SG- Redd, Mo
SF- Peja, Morrison
PF- (Dalembert or Chandler), Songalia
C- Miller, Skinner

How does that solve the perimeter defense though? And Morrison will be returning for his Junior year according to draftcity. Still need a good perimeter defender. I like the idea of Chandler coming to the Kings.

mazzystar said:
How does that solve the perimeter defense though? And Morrison will be returning for his Junior year according to draftcity. Still need a good perimeter defender. I like the idea of Chandler coming to the Kings.
I thought I heard that Redd was a good defender, I'm not sure though. But perimeter defence... we could hypnotize Bibby and Redd into thinking they are going to be running in the olympics so they need to train super hard. Then they'd be fast enough to stay in front of their man...

Gregorius said:
I thought I heard that Redd was a good defender, I'm not sure though. But perimeter defence... we could hypnotize Bibby and Redd into thinking they are going to be running in the olympics so they need to train super hard. Then they'd be fast enough to stay in front of their man...
LMAO.. hehe..

starks said:
I'm ok with Cuttino but if we can get Joe Johnson (free agent) from phoenix, that would be better option....also I like swift from Memphis.....
1. Biby
2. Johnson
3. Peja
4. Swift
5. Miler
This is younger and more athletic team
i love it

Gregorius said:
My dream situation goes like this: Don't resign Mobley and get Michael Redd. (Mobley's awesome but Redd is a step up).

Then do some sort of trade involving Corliss and Thomas and spare parts to get Tyson Chandler from the Bulls. I think he is a free agent this summer so maybe some kind of sign and trade. Chandler gets 3 blocks per 48 minutes (Imagine him and Skinner in) and 16.3 rebounds per 48.

Then draft that Morrison guy from Gonzaga to back up Peja if he's in our draftable range because I saw some scouts write that he's like Larry Bird. And Make Peja pump some major iron in the offseason so he can get some rebounds.

PG- Bibby, Jackson, House
SG- Redd, Mo
SF- Peja, Morrison
PF- (Dalembert or Chandler), Songalia
C- Miller, Skinner
How on earth do you propose the Kings can get Michael Redd and (Dalembert or Chandler)?

The only way the kings can get any of these players is through a sign and trade. and do you think the bucks are going to trade Redd for just anyone? Same with Dalembert and Chandler.

I cannot see the bucks trading Redd for Mobley/Corliss/Thomas. Same with the 76ers and Bulls.

I personally like the team we have right now, and they are only going to get better, You must remember we are playing without an All-Star center and the 6th man of the year.

I hope the Kings are lucky enough to resign Mobley and that he likes the orginazation enough to sign for under his market value!

I personally would like to see the Kings make it through a couple of seasons without always trying to get the Bigger and Better Deal.

I would have really liked to have seen what the Kings could have done had they kept the 00-01 team together.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Not enough basketballs for Bibby/Redd/Peja, and no defense/rebounding.

I've said before that we've taken the whole shooting thing here almost to the level of a sickness -- we are addicted to it to such a degree that we are actually losing games for having too many shooters and not enough basketball players. Good shooting is nothing but an asset, but when its your PRIMARY skill, and you don't do much else, you really can't have too many of those guys around or somebody else will come into town and they will outwork, outhustle, outheart you as your weenie team is squatting out on the perimeter playing horse. There's only 1 ball, and only so many shots. After you get those accounted for, you want the rest of the team to be great at the OTHER things.

I like the Cat, but it seems as though he isn't exactly what we need. Peja would benefit from more passes like he used to get from Doug. Also, our perimeter defense is hurting a lot. I would like to get a 2 guard who is bigger and more defensive-minded, but more offensive minded than Christie was. Anybody want Kobe?:rolleyes: Or else we need to keep Mobley and get a more athletic SF (but I like Peja's shooting so much, I just wish he would rebound and dunk - he didn't do a dunk when he could have again tonight). Is it like Yao - a cultural respect thing? Or is he really afraid of hurting his shooting hand? Oops - sorry - this is about Mobley. One thing I like about the Cat, he'll take the big shot (whether he should or not). I also like his nickname. Cool, quick, calculating, unruffled. You gotta like a guy who wants the ball at the end of the game. But it seems as though with Cat in there, he kind of does the Webber thing and slows down our ball movement some. He's not looking for the assist. And all of a sudden we have a lot of guys who either aren't looking for the assist, or aren't good at getting one.

Bricklayer said:
Not enough basketballs for Bibby/Redd/Peja, and no defense/rebounding.

I've said before that we've taken the whole shooting thing here almost to the level of a sickness -- we are addicted to it to such a degree that we are actually losing games for having too many shooters and not enough basketball players. Good shooting is nothing but an asset, but when its your PRIMARY skill, and you don't do much else, you really can't have too many of those guys around or somebody else will come into town and they will outwork, outhustle, outheart you as your weenie team is squatting out on the perimeter playing horse. There's only 1 ball, and only so many shots. After you get those accounted for, you want the rest of the team to be great at the OTHER things.
I couldn't agree more. Everyone gets fascinated with shooters but that's all we have. Has anyone else noted we haven't had someone who plays big minutes that can take it to the rim since before Webb got injured?

Čarolija said:
PG - Bibby, Jackson, ......House
SG - Bobby Simmons :), Mo, Martin
SF - Peja, Simmons, Mo
PF - Brand :), Songaila
C - Miller, Skinner, Tag

;)
lemme guess...tag and daniels for simmons and brand? :rolleyes:

i'm thinkin he'll be in the 6-8 million/year range. But the real kicker will be how long the contract will be for. If it's a long term 6-7 year deal, teh kings could be paying 8-9 million/year on an escalating contract when Cat's 37 yearsold

i think we already have a shoot first, pass second player in peja (and in bibby to some extent), so we would probably benefit more from a more athletic, rebounding, defender.

Bricklayer

piksi said:
funny You said that.

BTW - as many as they were for Bibby, Webber and Pedja
Actually not really because all of the above guys (Bibby/Peja/Redd) play at the same point on the floor and Bibby is the only one likely to make anything happen for the other two. You can fit more offense on the floor if it compliments rather than duplicates itself. Not enough shots of the right type available to keep 60 shots worth of outside shooters happy, and if those guys are getting LESS than 60 shots that's pointless because they aren't helping out much in other ways. If they aren't actively shooting the ball you'd rather have Raja Bell out there.

Bricklayer said:
Actually not really because all of the above guys (Bibby/Peja/Redd) play at the same point on the floor and Bibby is the only one likely to make anything happen for the other two. You can fit more offense on the floor if it compliments rather than duplicates itself. Not enough shots of the right type available to keep 60 shots worth of outside shooters happy, and if those guys are getting LESS than 60 shots that's pointless because they aren't helping out much in other ways. If they aren't actively shooting the ball you'd rather have Raja Bell out there.
I also don't think that Redd is a good fit, but just for the sake of argument, isn't Cat-Bibby-Pedja trio about the same as Redd-Bibby-Pedja ("ballhogging"=wise)? As recently as two weeks ago I could not see how Cat would fit with Pedja and Bibby in the long term but he is proving me wrong. I really like seeing three of them (occasionally) move the ball around the perimeter. But they are not doing it nearly enough right now. Seattle is really good at it when Radmanovic, Ridnour and Allen are in at the same time. If we had some pos-up threat on offense, kicking the ball out would be devastating defences with our perimter trio and extra pass.

Bricklayer

bozzwell said:
I also don't think that Redd is a good fit, but just for the sake of argument, isn't Cat-Bibby-Pedja trio about the same as Redd-Bibby-Pedja ("ballhogging"=wise)? As recently as two weeks ago I could not see how Cat would fit with Pedja and Bibby in the long term but he is proving me wrong. I really like seeing three of them (occasionally) move the ball around the perimeter. But they are not doing it nearly enough right now. Seattle is really good at it when Radmanovic, Ridnour and Allen are in at the same time. If we had some pos-up threat on offense, kicking the ball out would be devastating defences with our perimter trio and extra pass.
Cat doesn't demand quite as many shots as Redd (only 14 for us while Redd is at 19+), and has both that post game and his drives to mix things up. But yes, I've mentioned numerous times before that Bibby/Cat/Peja is too soft and duplicative a trio minus some serious muscle and defense up front. Redd would just be taking a questionable softy mix and taking it to the next level. You could maybe do it, but you'd need some super-mashers up front to take care of ALL of the rebounding and defense + never demand the ball, and you're still going to have an unbalanced offense with outside weenies who throw up the first thing that touches their hands, draw no fouls, create no space for each other. There's also no pick and roll, no two man inside/out game, no spacing.

i like mobley but there sometimes where i dont like mobley. i think that we should trade him but only if we can get something better, otherwise keep him.

hrdboild said:
I guess the biggest problem I have with Mobley is his size. He can defend PGs but he's always going to have problems against the bigger SGs out there. We can play Peja on them (like I saw them doing with JRich for some of the game) but that puts him in an even worse matchup with a SF. He does seem to make up for it alot with energy, and we could play a kind of "help" defense that we've had some success with, but man-to-man we're always going to get burned with Mobley and Bibby in the backcourt.
Mobley and Bibby in the backcourt = DeAtH :eek:

Bricklayer said:
Cat doesn't demand quite as many shots as Redd (only 14 for us while Redd is at 19+), and has both that post game and his drives to mix things up. But yes, I've mentioned numerous times before that Bibby/Cat/Peja is too soft and duplicative a trio minus some serious muscle and defense up front. Redd would just be taking a questionable softy mix and taking it to the next level. You could maybe do it, but you'd need some super-mashers up front to take care of ALL of the rebounding and defense + never demand the ball, and you're still going to have an unbalanced offense with outside weenies who throw up the first thing that touches their hands, draw no fouls, create no space for each other. There's also no pick and roll, no two man inside/out game, no spacing.
Remember, Redd is getting more shots because he is the #1 option on his team. Cat is the #3 option for us (#4 when Brad gets back).

bbb said:
Remember, Redd is getting more shots because he is the #1 option on his team. Cat is the #3 option for us (#4 when Brad gets back).
yeah Redd is our number one option becuase we dont have anyone else really that is as good as he is. i would know there my hometown team.

Bricklayer

bbb said:
Yes, obviously. But since shooting/scoring is his primary attribute there really is no benefit to having him out there UNLESS he's taking a large number of shots. Michael Redd getting 14 shots (in similar minutes) is actually a very mediocre starting OG. Michael Redd getting 10 shots isn't even a starter. If he ain't shooting, he ain't helping.

Bricklayer said:
Yes, obviously. But since shooting/scoring is his primary attribute there really is no benefit to having him out there UNLESS he's taking a large number of shots. Michael Redd getting 14 shots (in similar minutes) is actually a very mediocre starting OG. Michael Redd getting 10 shots isn't even a starter. If he ain't shooting, he ain't helping.
Are we really discussing adding Michael Redd to our team to bolster our backcourt defensively? I'd rather have Cut Throat either way.

If we aren't going to stick with Mobley, then we need to go in the exact opposite direction with an Andre Iguodala/Dahntay Jones type player. Remember, though, that Adelman doesn't play swingmen who can't shoot well (see: Gerald Wallace). I'd like to see Marko Jaric in our starting lineup beside Mike Bibby; I'm sure I'm going to get roasted for saying that, but look at his stats for last night's game first.

If we are going to stick with Mobley, then ideally we'd look for a defensive small forward, but Petrie isn't moving his baby (Peja). The best hope we have is getting a solid backup at the 2/3 spot who can shoot and defend (why is it so hard to find fundamentally sound players anymore?), but we've been trying to do that for three years now.

Don't forget that we are eventually going to have to address the Bobby Jackson situation as well; who is going to be our backup point guard? Eddie House is decent most nights, but I'm not willing to take a chance on him, especially when we've been so used to having a starting caliber backup point man, even if he is more of an undersized two-guard.

The frontcourt? :sighs prayerfully:

I guess we could give Brian Skinner a chance at the starting 4 spot and keep Brad at center. We now have two undersized power/small forwards in Darius Songaila and Kenny Thomas. I like Darius just as much as the next guy, but I really don't think he needs to be a part of our already testosterone-challenged team, not if we are looking to contend any time soon. Kenny Thomas is too undersized to play strong forward in the West. Best scenario to me is to package the two for an athletic big man who can come off the bench and contest shots.

Either way, we have a lot to consider going into the offseason, especially seeing as how it's still April and lots can happen between now and the draft.

Last edited:
Superman said:
If we aren't going to stick with Mobley, then we need to go in the exact opposite direction with an Andre Iguodala/Dahntay Jones type player. Remember, though, that Adelman doesn't play swingmen who can't shoot well (see: Gerald Wallace). I'd like to see Marko Jaric in our starting lineup beside Mike Bibby; I'm sure I'm going to get roasted for saying that, but look at his stats for last night's game first.
I like Jaric but one of his weaknesses is his shot selection. He is getting better at it and I am sure he would keep improving but in reality he is a poor man's Doug Christie (thats if he improves his shot selection). He is really a PG who can play SG/SF. Not a bad rebounder and a solid defender. He would probably improve out of sight with the Kings but how exactly would we get him? He is a restricted FA and I don't think Clippers are prepared to give the starting PG job to Livingston just yet.

Bricklayer

Čarolija said:
I like Jaric but one of his weaknesses is his shot selection. He is getting better at it and I am sure he would keep improving but in reality he is a poor man's Doug Christie (thats if he improves his shot selection). He is really a PG who can play SG/SF. Not a bad rebounder and a solid defender. He would probably improve out of sight with the Kings but how exactly would we get him? He is a restricted FA and I don't think Clippers are prepared to give the starting PG job to Livingston just yet.
Other note, of particular concern to this franchise, of all franchises: Jaric can't seem to stay healthy. Now mix that with a few angry Indian spirits and you have :eek: .

Good size though, and a DC like game (poor man's). And although I hate to raise this again, as with Vlade another potential safety blanket for our SF. I find it more than ludicrous that we even have to consider getting a grown man a blankie, but if we're stuck with Peja, for whatever reason, then it would behoove this frachise to think about getting him people he'll actually play hard for/with.