Welcome Davion Mitchell

But but but…. The hand wringers, know it all’s, and “insiders” on this board read the tea leaves and declared that Fox had too big of an ego to coexist with Mitchell. Mitchell’s “head of the snake” comment and Fox not being in Vegas foretold impossible doom. Do you mean to tell me there are facts suggesting these three young guys might want to work and grow together and turn us into a winner? But what will that do to the board narrative…
yah I’ve become a pretty pessimistic fan but making it work with our two best guards and Off Night doesn’t really seem like itll be THAT bad. The entire league knows this guy is an elite defender, that’s somebody you want on your team even if it’s gonna take some of your minutes or stats

But but but…. The hand wringers, know it all’s, and “insiders” on this board read the tea leaves and declared that Fox had too big of an ego to coexist with Mitchell. Mitchell’s “head of the snake” comment and Fox not being in Vegas foretold impossible doom. Do you mean to tell me there are facts suggesting these three young guys might want to work and grow together and turn us into a winner? But what will that do to the board narrative…
That was one poster that said that and not an entire board narrative. If you had a problem with his comments, then respond to him and tell him why you disagree with him. Being indirectly passive aggressive days later might get you some likes but it does nothing to further the conversation, which is what we're all here for.

That was one poster that said that and not an entire board narrative. If you had a problem with his comments, then respond to him and tell him why you disagree with him. Being indirectly passive aggressive days later might get you some likes but it does nothing to further the conversation, which is what we're all here for.
It was a joke dude. I was making light about how we all (myself included) spend so much time reading tea leaves and building narratives based on little snippets of info and half facts. Meanwhile, real life is happening, and it is rarely as scary as the narratives we spin here.

It was a joke dude. I was making light about how we all (myself included) spend so much time reading tea leaves and building narratives based on little snippets of info and half facts. Meanwhile, real life is happening, and it is rarely as scary as the narratives we spin here.
Well that kind of the whole point of message boards isn’t it. If we all said nothing until something was 100% this place would be way less interesting.

Ok sorry if I read it wrong. Your posts just read very angry lately at all the hot takes that get thrown around. You're one of the OGs of the board so you know how it goes around here. Throw out a hot take of your own and we'll talk about it. It's not like we have anything else to do until preseason starts :D

Ok sorry if I read it wrong. Your posts just read very angry lately at all the hot takes that get thrown around. You're one of the OGs of the board so you know how it goes around here. Throw out a hot take of your own and we'll talk about it. It's not like we have anything else to do until preseason starts :D
Fair enough. I have no problem with hot takes and opinions, and have thrown out a few about rotations and playing time.

I have real problems with people throwing out completely unsupported statements and presenting them as fact. For instance, I am cool with people saying “what about this trade?” Or “wouldn’t it be great to rebuild in this way?” Or “Monte should do this.” I have a much bigger problem with “Based on what I am portraying as fact about how a confidential trade discussion went down (even though none of us know) Monte got played” or “Monte is terrible because he didn’t take this trade that no one even knows was actually on the table.” I’ve got no problem with hot takes and opinions. I just don’t like building narratives on “facts” that we don’t know are facts. There is someone who has been doing that fairly often, but I usually call him/her out directly when I see it.

Honestly had no clue that same person was the same one who made the Davion comment. I was actually trying to be humorous and not a “fact checker curmudgeon” this time. But I get how you can read it that way given the previous battles I’ve had with that poster the past few weeks

Fair enough. I have no problem with hot takes and opinions, and have thrown out a few about rotations and playing time.

I have real problems with people throwing out completely unsupported statements and presenting them as fact. For instance, I am cool with people saying “what about this trade?” Or “wouldn’t it be great to rebuild in this way?” Or “Monte should do this.” I have a much bigger problem with “Based on what I am portraying as fact about how a confidential trade discussion went down (even though none of us know) Monte got played” or “Monte is terrible because he didn’t take this trade that no one even knows was actually on the table.” I’ve got no problem with hot takes and opinions. I just don’t like building narratives on “facts” that we don’t know are facts. There is someone who has been doing that fairly often, but I usually call him/her out directly when I see it.

Honestly had no clue that same person was the same one who made the Davion comment. I was actually trying to be humorous and not a “fact checker curmudgeon” this time. But I get how you can read it that way given the previous battles I’ve had with that poster the past few weeks
of course you don’t really know what information people may or may not have and from what sources. So you choose to make yourself the arbiter of information because apparently you know it all. I would suggest instead of passing judgement on something for which you know nothing, you just let things play out and see what information is and isn’t credible.

or better yet if my posts bother you, block me. I certainly won’t miss your posts all that much.

of course you don’t really know what information people may or may not have and from what sources. So you choose to make yourself the arbiter of information because apparently you know it all. I would suggest instead of passing judgement on something for which you know nothing, you just let things play out and see what information is and isn’t credible.

or better yet if my posts bother you, block me. I certainly won’t miss your posts all that much.
I guess I touched a nerve. I never said I know it all. In fact, the only thing I’ve said I do know, is that YOU don’t know it all. Unless you are Worldwide Wes, or some insider, I’m not sure how you can conclusively state what was on the table with Atlanta, what the offers were from Boston, how things went down with the Lakers, etc. I’ve never said I know something to be true; I’ve just pointed out the times that you speak in “facts” when you can’t possibly know if those things are actually true.

Whatever though. Not worth the back and forth.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah it’s going to be an interesting camp. Fox perceives himself as the “head of the snake”. Generally two headed snakes don’t function well. Hali came in with a very different mindset of complementing Fox. I don’t think Hali would ever have made that statement coming in to his rookie camp.

btw, I love Mitchell as a player but I’m not sure how well this overlap is going to go. Really think that Fox for Simmons trade is the way to go.
Relax. He’s literally just talking about defense

I'm pretty sure Davion is going to play sidekick to Fox anytime they're on offense. Davion knows that Fox is on a whole other offensive level to him. I think he's mostly talking about being the head of the snake on defense and/or the SL team.

Sounds like you're just trying to justify a Fox for Simmons trade lol. No doubt the defense would get better but now you'd have either Hield or Barnes as your #1 offensive option and that has disaster written all over it.
Bingo

talk about reading into something a little too deeply. Jesus

When the Kings for Ben Simmons trade talk first began, I was happy to hear that the Kings were very interested, but would not be parting with Fox or Hali. Basically any other Kings players could be made available in the hopes of picking up Simmons. But now, at the risk of overvaluing Davion, I’m not sure any trade package that included Davion would be worth the gamble. I’m really excited to see how we roll with Fox, Hali, Davion and TD in the backcourt. Simmons could be the C-Webb of our era. But with his confidence problem, he could also end up being a contract albatross.

No team flirting with playing defense as bad as the League has ever seen, will go to any playoffs.

Mitchell brings defense which is great, but his intensity seemed to ruboff on the SL team. I see him as a leader. For a rookie that is unusual. But the Kings have lacked leadership since they lost guys like Randolph, Cousins, IT and Shumpert.

Mitchell brings a lot to a team that needs confidence, toughness, intensity and leadership. He brings all of that stuff.
We will see a lot of 3 guard play. The big guys can substiture freely. This team could be playing fast and pushing the ball like never before.

I also think the 3-guard line up with Mitchell may help the Kings with defending the 3-point line. They were so bad at it last year. Maybe having a guy that stops penetration and fights over screens will help.
not a defensive expert but I wonder if the three guard line-up contributes to the defending the 3-point line problems. Longer shooters know they can rise up and shoot over the Kings guards confident they don’t have the length to bother the shot.

not a defensive expert but I wonder if the three guard line-up contributes to the defending the 3-point line problems. Longer shooters know they can rise up and shoot over the Kings guards confident they don’t have the length to bother the shot.
Maybe. But I think the Kings problem was not being near shooters/not making shooters uncomfortable.

In general, I think you are correct - long defenders are better at bothering shots. But having a dawg going over screens and disrupting the offense might have more of an effect on this Kings’ team. I’m interested to see how it works out - whether 3 guards will lead to better perimeter D (lower 3 point percentage) and less drives to the basket or worse perimeter D due to tall wings catching and shooting.

Well if Off-Night can slow down the other teams best 3 pt shooter a bit that’s an upgrade for us. Not world breaking obviously but hey it’s better then taking a step backward

Maybe. But I think the Kings problem was not being near shooters/not making shooters uncomfortable.

In general, I think you are correct - long defenders are better at bothering shots. But having a dawg going over screens and disrupting the offense might have more of an effect on this Kings’ team. I’m interested to see how it works out - whether 3 guards will lead to better perimeter D (lower 3 point percentage) and less drives to the basket or worse perimeter D due to tall wings catching and shooting.
I can definitely buy less drives to the basket as the guards can challenge any offensive player putting the ball on the ground. But if they can drive and kick or catch and shoot off a screen the lack of length will hurt I believe.

Well if Off-Night can slow down the other teams best 3 pt shooter a bit that’s an upgrade for us. Not world breaking obviously but hey it’s better then taking a step backward
I think if he helps it will be because he limits drive and kick opportunities for the opposing teams guards. If he has to help and run out to the 3 Point shooters his lack of length will be an issue I am guessing.