Walton fired by Lakers; Kings make offer (merged)

Will Luke Walton Be The Next Head Coach Of The Sacramento Kings?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s nice to (seemingly) get this done so quickly, with eagerness from both sides.

Back in the old says this search would have gone long, then our first choice would have just played us to get more from a different team leaving us scrambling for scraps.
It is the same way Joerger was hired. Once he was available, he was hired within a couple of days.

gunks

Hall of Famer
It is the same way Joerger was hired. Once he was available, he was hired within a couple of days.
Yeah, seems like Vlade gets his heart set on a HC and just goes for it.

It's funny, because it was almost the same situation with Joerger being let go by Memphis and immediately snatched up by Vlade.

But they say Vlade has been pining for Luke for years now, so it's no surprise he made this happen quickly.

Did they respond to it? Then why did they finish 9-17 and blow several big leads down the stretch? Seems to me like they checked out once Playoffs weren’t realistic, which was not a good sign at all.
Did they respond to it? Then why did they finish 9-17 and blow several big leads down the stretch? Seems to me like they checked out once Playoffs weren’t realistic, which was not a good sign at all.
There are things to consider with that - Shump trade messing with chemistry. Fox possibly not making a consistent imprint due to physique.

I’m just saying, coming into the season, all pundits thought LA should’ve been better than Sacramento. Even with LeBron in the closing stages of his career, that team on paper should’ve been better than us this season. A lot of neutrals feel Joerger is the better coach

Status
Not open for further replies.