Walton fired by Lakers; Kings make offer (merged)

Will Luke Walton Be The Next Head Coach Of The Sacramento Kings?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'd like to know more about what Luke can bring other than Bill Walton:

1. What type of offense does he run?
2. What type of defense does he run?
3. Is he flexible?
4. Do players respect him?
5. Is he creative ?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I hate the idea of bringing in Luke not because I think he sucks but because but because I don't think there is any way to know if is any good or not. At golden state he was essentially in a can't loose situation and in LA he was in a can't win. I might consider him as an assistant...

The only scary thing is that horns set. Put that back in and if they all of a sudden don't become masters in it this will totally crumble around Vlade.

I think Luke Walton would be a good fit with the personnel on the Kings. That said, while I like Luke and I thought he was yet another casualty on the long list of non LeBald approved coaches.. He’s been in a similar position as Joerger the last few years so thus shouldn’t give the insurance that it’s not a lateral move or simply bringing in a “players coach”. We know he can get the most out of a young grouo but we’re hoping for the next step. Is Walton that guy? Maybe he has a vision with this team and believes in it whereas Joerger treated it like a babysitting gig a lot of the times. We’ll see. I just hope he is the front runner for the right reasons.m(not the obvious one of Vivek being the owner and Luke’s history with the Dubs) We have no real reason to be over elated at the prospect or to dismiss it

I hope the Kings are keeping an open mind and interview Messina and other considerations as well.

Luke Walton next Pop confirmed.
:p
He fits the bill. Just needs to come in and earn the trust of the locker room, really back the kids and continue the pace blueprint with an emphasis on defense.

Our next hire needs to be here at a minimum for our first championship run - pre Bagley and Fox prime and ideally for the second run once they have hit their prime.

Vlade can full well construct a team to compete for a chip twice over. We just need a coach to come in and work it

gunks

Hall of Famer
Ok, I'd like to know more about what Luke can bring other than Bill Walton:

1. What type of offense does he run?
2. What type of defense does he run?
3. Is he flexible?
4. Do players respect him?
5. Is he creative ?
I'm perusing some Lakers boards. Overall, nobody seems to really care that he got fired, aside from a few choosing a stance for or against moving on. The main complaints seem to be about his rotations and in game adjustments. Nothing really detailed on his offensive or defensive schemes in the various "Luke fired" threads I've been lurking in.

I'm perusing some Lakers boards. Overall, nobody seems to really care that he got fired, aside from a few choosing a stance for or against moving on. The main complaints seem to be about his rotations and in game adjustments. Nothing really detailed on his offensive or defensive schemes in the various "Luke fired" threads I've been lurking in.
They’ve had time to get over it

Luke was condemned since before the half way point of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.