Wait is Over - "THE KINGS ARE STAYING........for now (OFFICIAL CELEBRATORY THREAD)

OBL is dead and Sacramento is alive......for now. Post your feelings!!

Big ups to the City of Sacramento, Mayor Johnson, the NBA, and....SACRAMENTO KINGS FANS!!!! It was a collaborative effort and proof that the NBA knows we deserve a team. And now we have to prove we can keep a team by building a new Sports and Entertainment Arena.

Last edited:
This morning I read Petrie's interview in the Bee, enjoyed it, and wished that we didn't have to wait any longer. And then to kingsfans and this news. Congratulations to all and thanks for everyone's efforts. Now a season of basketball, hopefully.

Yes! My fiancé just walked into the bedroom and told me. I am watching cartoons with my boy and was waiting for 10 AM. Glad the wait is over!

Yeeeehaw!!!! I'm sooo happy!!! Kings FANS get out there and go to the games this upcoming season!!

I just want to say to Anaheim - you said it yourself - always the Bridesmaid - never the Bride.

...and yay that OBL is dead.

Here we stay - Check

Here we sell - TBD

Looming in the background is billionaire Burkle, who wants to buy the Kings. A source close to Burkle said he remains interested in the team and believes the financially strapped Maloofs will likely reach out to him.

"He's the guy sitting there playing cards who has four aces," the Burkle associate said.

Makes me feel like e-mailing my city councilman made a difference. I am going to continue to fight, just as so many of our members here have employed us to do. This is a cause to get behind! If I weren't so hungover and sore from my bachelor party (I have been told I did 105 squats), I would be doing backflips right now. My son just may get to be a Kings fanatic like his pops! I love you guys, and am proud of you, HERE WE BUILD!

Let's fight the good fight!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Great morning! Congrats to all Kings fans! I will start setting aside money for the home opener, whenever that may be. What a great day!

Oh yeah, f*** off Anaheim! Enjoy your Ducks.

Great news for all Kings fans, especially those who are residing in Sac! Congratulations to all who did their part to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

GO KINGS! BOOO ROYALS!

Get the arena done now KJ! PLEASE!!!!! As soon as I see some prices I will be buying my season ticket.