UPDATE: Bulls match offer sheet for Zach LaVine (NEW Poll)

What's your take on the 4/78 offer to Zach LaVine?

• Total voters
Would be very dumb to not pursue Lavine. He was looking like a legitimate all-star before the injury. Can play both guard spots well. Attacks and plays above the rim harder than any guard we’ve had on this team in a long time, if not ever. Would be an extremely fun team to watch. Would be so hard for those hacks at ESPN to keep our dunkfests off their highlight reels. Fox and Lavine on the fastbreak would be absurdly hard to defend against. Not too mention Bagley and hopefully Willie. Bogs and Buddy’s open looks would double. I don’t care if “positions get clogged” or it takes minutes from other pieces of ours. He would instantly be our best player. It would take so much pressure off of Fox this year and they could absolutely turn into a top 5 guard duo in the league in 4 or 5 years. Core of:
Fox
Lavine/Buddy
Bogs/JJ
Bagley/Giles
WCS
All of a sudden we’re looking at a team that has Justin Jackson or Willie as our 9th best player. In 4 years that could be a very solid squad, especially if the other guys pan out (Giles bagley and fox) and Lavine is our 4th best. Massive change from the days of old in terms of full team potential
No, he was not. He looked a lot like his team mate at the time Andrew Wiggins.

There's a lot of talk about all this FA money the Kings are going to have in 2019. Here are small forward 2019 free (restricted and unrestricted) free agents: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/small-forward/

There doesn't seem much to choose from. Maybe this is a case where an expensive bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.
There's a very nice selection, a great athlete like Hollis Jefferson would fit right in and a great platoon match with Jackson. Restricted youngins and unrestricted vets like Aminu and Harrris still in their 20's.

All of these players will be gettable just with replacing next summers expirings tho, no need to be gunshy this summer.....

I don’t think that’s reputable
Woj just reported it too I thought I saw. Aaron Bruski retweeted I think.
My thinking is the FO saw the difference between game 1 and game 2 with Fox’s absence and realize we need another athletic playmaking guard that can get out and run with Giles and Bag. The Frank Masons of the world aren’t going to cut it.

Fox - Lavine - Bogdanovic - Bagley - WCS

Mason as backup PG, Hield as sixth man, JJ as a 3 and D SF, Skal as a stretch four prospect, and Giles as the next center up

That's ten young players to build around and pin the franchise's hopes to. Retain the right veterans like Z-no, Temple and co to boost that bench unit and give us options to rotate in and out of the starting line up and we should be ok for the coming season.

It would be great to save cap space for 2019 and land Kyrie or Butler or some big time FA, but realistically I think our best chances of a difference maker will be someone like Lavine and overpaying like the Mavs did to get Barnes.

The Sacramento Kings could be in the market for restricted free-agent Zach LaVine.

Per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Kings are "pretty serious" about making an offer for the veteran shooting guard.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Woj just reported it too I thought I saw. Aaron Bruski retweeted I think.
My thinking is the FO saw the difference between game 1 and game 2 with Fox’s absence and realize we need another athletic playmaking guard that can get out and run with Giles and Bag. The Frank Masons of the world aren’t going to cut it.
I follow Woj and I didn't see anything. Same with Bruski. I just checked both their pages and there's NOTHING there. Sportando did NOT have any credible source for this "rumor." They were merely speculating and it was pretty sparse at that. They actually said the Kings are interested and could give LaVine an offer sheet. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Put me in the no to Lavine camp. We already have enough injury concern on our team with Giles and Fox. I say start Buddy and Bogs until we can figure out a better option at 3. This is a big year for Buddy. He needs to show us that he can play at a high level consistently against the best competition. I want to see a full year of him getting big minutes.

I follow Woj and I didn't see anything. Same with Bruski. I just checked both their pages and there's NOTHING there. Sportando did NOT have any credible source for this "rumor." They were merely speculating and it was pretty sparse at that. They actually said the Kings are interested and could give LaVine an offer sheet. BIG DIFFERENCE.

https://www.hoop-ball.com/articles/...ty-serious-about-offer-sheet-for-zach-lavine/

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
"maybe" is sports journalist code for there's nothing certain but I want to look like I've got the inside track just in case...

But thanks for the links. I'm gonna keep on being skeptical for the simple reason I don't see how bringing LaVine in fits. He's a 2, we've got a plethora of 2's and he is not IMHO worth what we'd have to pay him.

Teams with cap space:

ATL - 21M
CHI - 23M
SAC - 18M

Top RFAs left:

Clint Capella
Jabari Parker
Marcus Smart
Zach LaVine
Jusuf Nurkic
Rodney Hood

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But if Sacto gives Zach an offer sheet even with cap of 19.5 mil, Bulls have more cap than us so they can still match
Helps Zach and his agent - Sacto not so much
Excellent point. All these rumors about LaVine and the Kings could very, very easily be coming from LaVine's camp. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen something like this.

Sportnado, Like Sharknado.. Ridiculous.
This "ridiculous" source was the first to report signing rudy fernandez and williams-goss. Those are the first reported signings that i can remember today off of the top of my head.

Oh yeah and they are citing woj.
Easier to hate, than to do hw.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This "ridiculous" source was the first to report signing rudy fernandez and williams-goss. Those are the first reported signings that i can remember today off of the top of my head.

Oh yeah and they are citing woj.
Easier to hate, than to do hw.
Sportsando has also reported a lot of stuff over the years that didn't pan out. They use a lot of "maybe" and "looking seriously" and "could likely" ... Even a broken clock is right twice a day, so them occasionally getting one right doesn't prove their accuracy.

It's not "hate" to question rumors this time of year. I, for one, was asking for links, etc. because I was doing my homework.

Sportsando has also reported a lot of stuff over the years that didn't pan out. They use a lot of "maybe" and "looking seriously" and "could likely" ... Even a broken clock is right twice a day, so them occasionally getting one right doesn't prove their accuracy.

It's not "hate" to question rumors this time of year. I, for one, was asking for links, etc. because I was doing my homework.
Fair enough