Poll: should the Kings match the offer for Bogi?

Match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My take from that was the Lakers were seeing how cheap they could get him for. That doesn't make it a legitimate pursuit.
Well you kinda said there were no reports. I just listed 2 and they’re from notable reporters. But I guess if Livinthedream from kingsfans.com doesn’t think it’s legitimate I dunno what else to say.

I guess you could have phrased it “ There were no reports of multiple teams trying to trade for Bogi (with players that heavily favor the kings or a player/package that is deemed worthy enough in my own opinion to legitimize it) either.” ;)

I saw somewhere on twitter that if Bogdan is traded the team that takes him on takes an additional 4-5 million into the cap. You can't match that. That's essentially Bogdan making upwards of or close to 20 million on his deal in year 2 and 3. Later Bogdan.
Bogi can waive the trade kicker. Now will he is a good question. His best chance to compete in the playoffs would be this contract time. The Kings aren’t on his timeline. Not only that but play well in a major market gives more endorsement dollars. So depending on to where and when he could well waive it.

Well you kinda said there were no reports. I just listed 2 and they’re from notable reporters. But I guess if Livinthedream from kingsfans.com doesn’t think it’s legitimate I dunno what else to say.

I guess you could have phrased it “ There were no reports of multiple teams trying to trade for Bogi (with players that heavily favor the kings or a player/package that is deemed worthy enough in my own opinion to legitimize it) either.” ;)
I think the Lakers are clearing the decks for 2021 to pursue Giannis. My guess is they weren’t offering a multi year deal.

The Lakers offered us Kuzma at the deadline last year. I doubt they were upping their offer.
I’m not sure the offer was the issue. Look at the Lakers salary chart. Except for a few players they are clearing the decks to pursue Giannis.

Windhurst said today Davis is waiting to see if Giannis signs the SuperMax and if he doesn’t he will sign a 1+1 so the Lakers will have room for 3 Max salaries.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
How do you know that? The Kings were restricted by the CBA to only offering Max $11M a year. Nobody thought Bogi’s value was 11M a year
Isn't that cap on an extension prior to FA? The Bucks S&T was rumored to be 15. Anyone could have made a S&T offer between Friday and Sunday.

Isn't that cap on an extension prior to FA? The Bucks S&T was rumored to be 15. Anyone could have made a S&T offer between Friday and Sunday.
yes, but once in free agency all players are going to see what is their value. In Bogi’s place it’s likely his only chance for significant money. He had to take it and get at least a 4 year deal.

Not sure why anyone is begrudging him on that point.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
yes, but once in free agency all players are going to see what is their value. In Bogi’s place it’s likely his only chance for significant money. He had to take it and get at least a 4 year deal.

Not sure why anyone is begrudging him on that point.
because some keep arguing there are a bunch of other takers for Bogi at 18, plus an asset. Note that Atlanta is only willing to pay him 18mil + year because they don't have to give up anything in return. They know it's over market, which is why they also slipped in the poison pill.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I’m not sure the offer was the issue. Look at the Lakers salary chart. Except for a few players they are clearing the decks to pursue Giannis.

Windhurst said today Davis is waiting to see if Giannis signs the SuperMax and if he doesn’t he will sign a 1+1 so the Lakers will have room for 3 Max salaries.
I don't think this is possible because there are cap holds in play and basically this would be the same thing that the Joe Smith deal got Minny in so much trouble for, but we know rules are bent for the Lakers.

I'll summon @Capt. Factorial who may be better equipped to answer this one.

also keep in mind Toronto, Dallas, Miami, the Lakers are all pointing dollars at 2021. Only Milwaukee of the best teams didn’t care about going past 2021 because they wanted to keep Giannis.

Once the Giannis sweepstakes is over the market to trade Bogi and Barnes opens up.

because some keep arguing there are a bunch of other takers for Bogi at 18, plus an asset. Note that Atlanta is only willing to pay him 18mil + year because they don't have to give up anything in return. They know it's over market, which is why they also slipped in the poison pill.
well according to Danny LeRuex today he would match and doesn’t see it that over market,

Bogi can waive the trade kicker. Now will he is a good question. His best chance to compete in the playoffs would be this contract time. The Kings aren’t on his timeline. Not only that but play well in a major market gives more endorsement dollars. So depending on to where and when he could well waive it.
Why would he waive 8+ million dollars? Man, you must really know a different Bogdan than we've seen the last year or so and the one now who took the $$$ over the winning.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's not looking likely we match at this point.

It looks like the plan is to showcase Buddy and hopefully deal him into the season when his value is higher and teams are looking to make a push. I'm OK with whatever happens. I trust that if we match on Bogi, the intention is to deal him too at some point, even if not this season.
I think that’s always been Monte’s plan. At this point, I just want him to be able to carry out his vision for the team as quick and as clean as possible, sentimental pain be damned.
I‘m honestly still not sure which direction he goes on the Bogi front though.

There's no poison pill only a trade kicker.