UPDATE: Bulls match offer sheet for Zach LaVine (NEW Poll)

What's your take on the 4/78 offer to Zach LaVine?

• Total voters
This game is from years ago, but I'll always remember it. this game in particular was the absolute low-point of the Utah Jazz Trey Burke experiment, and LaVine finished this off in style.

He's got closer potential.

That's straight up false. I put up LaVine's career stats above. 28.7mins 3.2asts/game.
This year Bogdan averaged 27.9mins 3.3asts/game.

So would any of you say he's not a passer? Stats prove otherwise. Look at his career asts% 18.6. Last year Bogdan was at 18.3. Buddy has a career 11.6%.

You can say Zach isn't a good defender, but it's silly to criticize him for his passing.
Well, I admit his statistics look better then my perception watching games. Statistics are a bit inflated by his first season, when coach tried (and failed) to make him a PG. He did have 3.6 assists per game (one assists per 7 minutes played), but also 2.5 turnovers per game. From that season his role changed and assists number decreased, but they are still not bad for SG.

Having said that, I'd rather gamble on Hezonja (who I also don't like) for smaller price then injury prone, no defense (even before injury) LaVine.

Not aure how legit this is. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s his agent drumming up the interest for his client to try and get Chicago to pay more than they are reportedly willing to offer.

The fit is troublesome to say the least. Bogdan could play some minutes at SF but he is not really a SF.
LaVine would play some SF for sure, he's 6'6" and quicker than all the SF's..

RUN IT UP!!!!

the Kings want to run right? Zach LaVine is a thoroughbred in transition... It's a great match..

**cue's Jose Guapo's run it up**

Plus if you look at the Kings contracts, both Bogdan and Buddy expire before LaVine's next deal would. Gives em leverage in their negotiations.

Look at these highlights vs the Kings... Their throwing defender after defender at him and it's not working... He leaves Garrett Temple in the dust and yams all over Sampson.. 1:39

That game is a good example why I don't like LaVine. That game SC won. Look at the stats from the game. Btw, on this video, you can see a block by Bogie on LaVine that was called a foul. You also can see "great" help defense by Z-Bo.

That game is a good example why I don't like LaVine. That game SC won. Look at the stats from the game. Btw, on this video, you can see a block by Bogie on LaVine that was call a foul. You also can see "great" help defense by Z-Bo.
Wha do you make of Lavine just discarding Kings defenders at will though? They can't stay infront of him at all... Thats what that video looks like to me.. Him just blowing past Kings defenders, one after another after another....

U can't recover on Zach once he gets a step, and his handle and burst/creativity/change of direction makes it extremely difficult to keep him squared up defensively. Plus Zach can shoot it off the dribble quite well......

Wha do you make of Lavine just discarding Kings defenders at will though? They can't stay infront of him at all... Thats what that video looks like to me.. Him just blowing past Kings defenders, one after another after another....

U can't recover on Zach once he gets a step, and his handle and burst/creativity/change of direction makes it extremely difficult to keep him squared up defensively. Plus Zach can shoot it off the dribble quite well......
No, I saw a lot of bad defense and Lavin taking advantage of it. GT was bad, not standing in front of him. I also saw a lot of shots and hits over defender. What you don't see in highlights is what he did (not) on defense, and why is his +- = -12, even after put down 27 points.

I dont believe in those Lavine rumors but I have to admit it would be prettt Kangz move. First trade your franchise player to a Sg and a pick that became Sg, both lacking sf size. Then go all in for a small Sg.

To me its a hard pass for 14-15+mil long term deal. Even 16-17 when healthy: horrible VORP, horrible RPM, horrible defender. So literally empty stats and highlights with no contribution to winning basketball. Could develope but I wouldnt gamble on that

No, I saw a lot of bad defense and Lavin taking advantage of it. GT was bad, not standing in front of him. I also saw a lot of shots and hits over defender. What you don't see in highlights is what he did (not) on defense, and why is his +- = -12, even after put down 27 points.
How about this 40-piece he dropped on the Kings at 20 years old? what do you see here?

Not long ago I watched Shelvin Mack post a +48 in under 30 minutes. I'm sorry but were talking $100,000,000 price range here, i don't trust stats like that as dealbreakers....

It's not about what you've done, the stats you've posted, it's about what ya can do. LaVine possesses plenty of lateral quicks, it's not like we're talking about stone-footed defenders like Jabari Parker, LaVine's been on 2 bad teams, if you wanna say "he's the reason their bad" I'd counter with he's 20

LaVine brings the ball up the court too...... He can play some backup PG, SG and SF. Great fit. What are the alternatives? this kid has starpower. Kings can't get anyone better.

He could score 15+PPG right away.. Bagley too... This is a great step in establishing a new young team identity. I was sick watching fox run warp speed and having no flankers with him Vlade wants to get him some thoroughbreds to run with, LaVine, like Bagley, is an ultra athlete.

LaVine would play some SF for sure, he's 6'6" and quicker than all the SF's..
He is 6’6” and good luck matching up against the likes of LeBron, PG13, Kawhi, Ingram and even Wiggins etc. of the world.

In the NBA you are who you can defend and LaVine hasn’t got a hope in hell of defending any of those players. SG is not a position of need for the time being.

I'm a huge believer in Zach LaVine and have been since he dropped 21 points on Nevada early in his freshman season. At that point in time he was listed as 6'3" and 165lbs anywhere you looked. Draftexpress had him ranked like the 73rd best freshman... I thought he looked like Jamal Crawford with a 45" vertical....

From then til now I've heard every complaint about his game in the book 100x over. People thought he was ignorant for leaving UCLA, they thought his fat teammate Jordan Adams was gonna be better. He has consistently outperformed the consensus and expectations every step of the way. The Kings are a down-and-out franchise hoping to turn around it's luck, he's a great match..

The fans will LOVE him here too..

He is 6’6” and good luck matching up against the likes of LeBron, PG13, Kawhi, Ingram and even Wiggins etc. of the world.

In the NBA you are who you can defend and LaVine hasn’t got a hope in hell of defending any of those players. SG is not a position of need for the time being.
If the Kings could pay a Lebron-stopper, I'm sure they would. Given the reality of whats on the market, there's none to be had.

This team has familiar faces, but lacks an identity, LaVine and Bagley would be 2 peices who can score 15ppg right away.

Teams 1st option, 2nd option and 3rd option offenses are very important tin the NBA. LaVine and Bagley could fill 2 of those roles, and the identity of the team will be as a RUNNING TEAM that can apply pressure and score in bunches...

LaVine brings the ball up the court, he's a force on the open floor..... he can play PG, SG and some SF for this Kings team...

Well using that criteria LaVine fits positionless narative. He doesn't defend any position.

The Kings were led in scoring last season by a 36 year old who's slow and plays poor defense.. who gets paid 50%-60% of what the potential (turned 23 months ago) LaVine signing would cost...

Kings got tons of deadweight on their books.... There's no better realistic options to be had. It doesn't tie their hands. over $40MM expires at the end of next season..

Jabari Parker's defense is worse than Zach's, you'd see it vs Utah, they abuse Jabari everytime they play because they shoot the most corner 3's and he can't react quick enough to recover back in time.

why are we even talking about defense. I hope you werent a doncic supporter and now talking bad about zach's d. throwing stones from a glass house. The Kings haven't indicated they expect to play lockdown D, they've indicated they WANT TO RUN. and Zach fits perfectly in line like that.

bogdan and buddy are half court players, they can't hold a candle next to LaVine in the open court... Fox and Bagley are best when they run, it;'s not some well-kept secret!!! This move is to complement our 2 bigtime young assets, whom are 20 years old...

PG- LaVine
SG- Hield
SF - Bogdan

is viable anyways, their not redundant.....

This is it bruhs, it's make or break season for Vlade and Jeorger, If I'm Vlade i'm going down swinging...

Hield and Bogdan have 2 years left on their deals. the timing is perfect, if their better than Zach they'll have plenty of time to prove it.

I personally LOVE the idea of having 2 players with first steps like fox and Lavine lurking on the perimeter.... Will keep defenses on their heel's and give Marvin more room to work with. Plus they'll constantly be finding seems in the defense and creating even bigger ripples.

Last edited:
1 last thing the Bulls thought they were slick trading for RFA's like LaVine and Vonleh going into a summer where most teams don't have space... they probably thought they could finesse him for a discount given the timing of his injury and the state of the market.

I'd love to see Vlade ruin their plans.

This is why the Kings have maintained flexibility.... to disappoint teams like the Bulls for thinking they can get away with that type of shrewdness infront of everyones faces.

The Kings were led in scoring last season by a 36 year old who's slow and plays poor defense.. who gets paid 50%-60% of what the potential (turned 23 months ago) LaVine signing would cost...

Kings got tons of deadweight on their books.... There's no better realistic options to be had. It doesn't tie their hands. over $40MM expires at the end of next season..

Jabari Parker's defense is worse than Zach's, you'd see it vs Utah, they abuse Jabari everytime they play because they shoot the most corner 3's and he can't react quick enough to recover back in time.

why are we even talking about defense. I hope you werent a doncic supporter and now talking bad about zach's d. throwing stones from a glass house. The Kings haven't indicated they expect to play lockdown D, they've indicated they WANT TO RUN. and Zach fits perfectly in line like that.

bogdan and buddy are half court players, they can't hold a candle next to LaVine in the open court... Fox and Bagley are best when they run, it;'s not some well-kept secret!!! This move is to complement our 2 bigtime young assets, whom are 20 years old...

PG- LaVine
SG- Hield
SF - Bogdan

is viable anyways, their not redundant.....

This is it bruhs, it's make or break season for Vlade and Jeorger, If I'm Vlade i'm going down swinging...

Hield and Bogdan have 2 years left on their deals. the timing is perfect, if their better than Zach they'll have plenty of time to prove it.

I personally LOVE the idea of having 2 players with first steps like fox and Lavine lurking on the perimeter.... Will keep defenses on their heel's and give Marvin more room to work with. Plus they'll constantly be finding seems in the defense and creating even bigger ripples.
I was Mikal Bridges supporter, guess why?

We don't need no stinkin starting SF!
If the other team plays small ball, we play Lavine, Bogs
If the other team plays big, we have bigs who can play the 3 according to Vlade maybe Bagley,Giles, WCS?
(Where is that sarcasm Emoji?)

If the Kings could pay a Lebron-stopper, I'm sure they would. Given the reality of whats on the market, there's none to be had.

This team has familiar faces, but lacks an identity, LaVine and Bagley would be 2 peices who can score 15ppg right away.

Teams 1st option, 2nd option and 3rd option offenses are very important tin the NBA. LaVine and Bagley could fill 2 of those roles, and the identity of the team will be as a RUNNING TEAM that can apply pressure and score in bunches...

LaVine brings the ball up the court, he's a force on the open floor..... he can play PG, SG and some SF for this Kings team...
Just because there is nothing on the market and you have money to spend, it doesn’t mean you should spend it. Building a team takes a vision, patience, shrewd signings, trades and draftees.

Zach puts up purdy numbers but you aren't winning with him leading your team. Plain and simple. For every one of those "OMG 30 POINTZ!!!" highlight reels, there's another highlight reel on the other end of the court that they don't show you where he gave up 30 points as well.

This team is going to be full of matadors on defense.

dude12

Hall of Famer
But in regards to other FA’s, do you take a flyer on a Hezonja who can’t even get to the LaVine level on offense, Take a flyer on Parker who has been proven not able to play SF or take LaVine who we know can create his offense?

I’m not opposed to adding talent and I believe that Joerger can dial LaVine back on O, Bogi can play SF. We can put a quick team on the floor but defense would have to be addressed as a whole.....that’s where the coaching staff comes in.

Then again, like one post said, this may be the agent drumming up value.

What’s a winning type of game? There are some nice highlights that make me think that Hezonja can facilitate an offense as a SF, I just don’t get how you can be so definitive about it
Winning ball to me is playing team basketball and team defense while knowing your role in the team. I belive Hezonja can do that LaVine on the other hand is a shot happy non defender.

Also how would he even fit whose gonna play SF Bogdan shouldn’t be doing that for more than 15-20mpg