UPDATE: Bulls match offer sheet for Zach LaVine (NEW Poll)

What's your take on the 4/78 offer to Zach LaVine?

• Total voters
Another thing the pursuance of LaVine did was legitimize the Bogdan at SF belief. I’ve always wanted Buddy/Bogdan starting. Buddy must really be ok coming off the bench or they don’t have the respect that I have for him - super efficient 18/5/3
He’s a legit starting SG in this league and I think he’ll be a 20 ppg player if he was playing 30+ minutes.

It woudn't be the first time a team made an offer sheet based on a "gentleman's agreement" with an agent. Am I saying Bill Duffy now owes Vlade a favor? Nope, not at all. I am thinking, however, that it wouldn't surprise me. Duffy has an interesting list of clients:

Mike Conley
Andrew Wiggins
Joakim Noah
Goran Dragic
Nikola Vucevic
Andre Roberson
Darren Collison
Matthew Dellavedova
Josh Richardson
Deandre Ayton
Aaron Gordon
Patric Beverley
Zach LaVine
Jonas Jerebko
Stanley Johnson
Nenê
Kelly Oubre
Omari Spellman
Deyonta Davis
Cheick Diallo
Isaiah Hicks
You forgot Luka Doncic.

when I first saw the news, I was thinking what the hell is Vlade doing..

but after I thought about that, Chicago matched it right away and it is telling me that they knew what amount of money they are willing to offer LaVine, otherwise it would need them more time to think it through.. so I think Vlade knew that when he made an offer..

Very VERY bad comparison of a mechanic to a driver.

And one of the things you dont understand or FAIL to is the contacts Vlade most definitely has, the not just what you know but WHO you know type contact.
Maybe so, but it’s what came to mind. And it’s true.

As for the 2nd point, what you’re failing to understand is that none of that matters or qualifies Vlade a capable GM.

welp... at least now I don't gota explain why the move makes sense anymore :p

This was an encouraging sign either way.. At least they tried... head was in the right place..

**Shakes a stick at Garrett Temple** the writing was on the wall here once he opted in, the kings needed to bid higher to make this work.

In what world does a team who says 'we're willing to pay 14-16 per for LaVine', then not match a 20 per offer... Not this one...

one way to enhance your monetary position is to convince other competitors to go broke first. Lodi could well be working to get Chicago to cough up more money for Lavine to decrease their profile as competitors for other free agents. The idea of playing defense is a GM seems to be almost absent in the modern NBA. ask Magic Johnson now if he thought it might have been worth offering DeMarcus Cousins some serious money not so much to play him but to keep him out of the hands and Golden State.
Love this. I feel the same

Another thing the pursuance of LaVine did was legitimize the Bogdan at SF belief. I’ve always wanted Buddy/Bogdan starting. Buddy must really be ok coming off the bench or they don’t have the respect that I have for him - super efficient 18/5/3
Orrrr they just want depth at every position possible

People get mad when the national media laughs at the Kings.

Crap like this from Vlade gives them every reason to roast the organization.

Pass on Luka for a #2 who can't create, defend or use his off hand and follow it up by going after a mediocre chucker who can't defend either, coming off injury to the tune of 4/80M at the only position the team doesn't need help?

Lol.
Lol @ “pass on Luka”. let’s see what they both do in their actual NBA games first. I wanted Luka as well, but, i have a feeling people (not you) are being a bit dramatic about the possible ramifications. Is he gonna be that much better than Bogdan, if it all? meh. we’ll see

These people with the advanced stats want to put together teams on paper, they want a bunch of stationary high percentage catch and shoot players and then to put the onus completely on fox to break the defense with the dribble, and distribute properly. and for sure they will blame and point all the fingers at fox if it doesn't work. LOL. This is the stupidity of NBA fans these days tbh.

Zach LaVine was absolutely one of the premier scoring options off the dribble on the market, end of story, there's no debate. he's an ultra athlete primed to run, being on a team with a lightning fast frontcourt and PG would've been a nice fit, and in halfcourt offense he'd have been a good late-shotclock option.

Now that LaVine is off the market, the Kings options for picking up players who can contribute this way, how the team needs, are limited... this sucks..

these negative nancy types infesting basketball forums all across the net will ultimately blame the kings players, who are woefully outmatched for the task at hand.

If fox goes down this team is dunzo and they'll meekly surrender a top pick, the coach and gm will be fired and we start again next off season.

this is a terrible outcome for the kings. those celebrating it celebrate what exactly? another 20 or maybe 30 win season? HOO-RAY.. More PT for Garrett Temple and Iman Shumpert??? HOO-RAY...

LaVine was too good to be true, said it all along. You've got some form of stockholm syndrome if you think otherwise LOL.

I swear these analytics types of mob mentality people are pure comedy. Wish I could play these ppl 1v1. LOL. i'm a legit 6'1, I can dunk, i dribble real well like a PG, i can shoot the lights out, im quick and left handed so im very good at swiping away righties dribble who stay too right and don't protect the ball... been watching basketball all my life. No doubt I'd beat most of these applied mathmatics degree having dudes 15-0 1v1, but here on the forums they think their 'never played basketball past little league acumen' reigns supreme.

Last edited: