Tyreke Jumpshot

That is pretty much the first thing I noticed and it got a smile out of me :)

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. I think our #1 priority this off-season is keeping Tyreke. People underestimate just how much interest he will get this off-season. Other teams are NOT stupid, they know a talent when they see one and they know an under-utilized talent when they see one. GP was good at this a long time ago. I have no doubt that Evans will receive a LOT of interest during the off-season and a lot of people around here will be floored by the contract offer he gets from somewhere else.
People are gonna be shocked on how much interest Reke is gonna garner during free agency. He's gonna at least get what Holiday, Curry and Derozan got. From what I hear from Reke and I's mutual acquiantance, Reke's agent has been told by multiple teams they feel he's been criminally misused in Sacramento and are foaming out of the mouth to snatch him at a "bargain".

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. I think our #1 priority this off-season is keeping Tyreke. People underestimate just how much interest he will get this off-season. Other teams are NOT stupid, they know a talent when they see one and they know an under-utilized talent when they see one. GP was good at this a long time ago. I have no doubt that Evans will receive a LOT of interest during the off-season and a lot of people around here will be floored by the contract offer he gets from somewhere else.
This. Tyreke is going to be a hot commodity this summer. Other teams fans want him too. We pick him apart for all the things he doesn't do, but he's still the one of the top SG in the league with talent that teams drool over. Strong and can play defense. Can get to the basket whenever he wants. He hasn't lost skill from his rookie year. The organization and coaching just kept getting worse. The only problem with Tyreke is he is a team player. If they said play SF, he did. If they asked him to come off the bench, he did. All the while, his stats suffered. If he was a me first guy, he'd be putting up ridiculous numbers still, even without a great outside shot.

Speaking of that outside shot, we have two SGs on this team who are lights out with their shot. Thornton and Jimmer. I think just about everyone would say Tyreke is better than them. Offer another team Thornton or Jimmer in a trade, and they'll pass. Offer Tyreke, and the league will be beating down our door.

People are gonna be shocked on how much interest Reke is gonna garner during free agency. He's gonna at least get what Holiday, Curry and Derozan got. From what I hear from Reke and I's mutual acquiantance, Reke's agent has been told by multiple teams they feel he's been criminally misused in Sacramento and are foaming out of the mouth to snatch him at a "bargain".
I've got no doubt that Tyreke will at least get the Holday/Curry/DeRozen type money and would not be shocked in the slightest if a team out there goes the max. Fans are notorious for putting players on pedestals when they first come into the league and then rip then if they do not reach those lofty standards but somewhere in that a fact is lost that Tyreke is one heck of a player who has been misused and has been set up to fail by his own team. I don't know what the reasons are but a smart front office will look at this kid and plot to get him. Teams WILL make a HUGE effort to get him this off-season.

I think with the advanced analytics that we are now getting to utilize more, these will show that Tyreke is a player. A much better player than it has been shown. His problem is that he will do anything for the team, even at his own detriment. That is probably the type of personality you want next to Cousins. I just hope that our new GM and head coach and owner for that matter are some of those guys from around the league that were plotting to find a way to get Evans from Kings. Now that they are on the Kings, hopefully they are plotting to keep him.

I keep asking myself a very simple question, if Tyreke was coached by Gregg Popovich his first 4 seasons in the league, would he be an all-star? The resounding answer I always get is YES! Evans has his weaknesses which are and have improved since his rookie year but he also has ELITE skills that are not easy to find and are more difficult to get than what his weaknesses represent. Shooters are easy to find. Guys that can rip defenses to shreds off the dribble are as rare as hens teeth. Other teams know that, other teams look to get that and they certainly know a misused talent when they see one.

I am hopeful that PDA, coach Malone and Vivek are aware of this and respect this and do everything in their power to keep Evans and develop him into the type of player that he is very capable of being and that is a two way perennial all-star. Seeing Tyreke working on his pull up mid range jumper at the Kings facility is in my mind a good sign and I bet coach Jent is the one working closely with him on that jumper.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Only people who would be surprised are those who don't understand to what extent he's been misused or can't identify talent when it is being misused. Misuse does not equate to actual value or talent. Those who think the ceiling for Reke's next contract is 8-9M, and there's a few of them here, fail to look at the bigger picture.

I hope we keep Evans, I think he can become an elite defender under Malone. He has shown glimpses of it in the past, but I think with Malone's defensive pedigree and finally some stability with this franchise, we could finally see Tyreke take that step. He is still only 23, Steph Curry put it all together at 25, I think Tyreke could reach that level, not exactly a full blown "superstar" but a 2nd tier star, i would say paul george level.

Are you sure? He was talking about him playing basketball and going to college at that time.
6:16 minutes into the interview he gets asked the Tyreke question. Made no confirmation that we will keep him but said he is an unbelievable talent who can play 1, 2 and 3 and he will be reaching out to his agent at the appropriate time.

He's still under contract until the end of the month. No reason not to workout at an available facility that you have 24 hour access.

6:16 minutes into the interview he gets asked the Tyreke question. Made no confirmation that we will keep him but said he is an unbelievable talent who can play 1, 2 and 3 and he will be reaching out to his agent at the appropriate time.
Ah the video was taking a long time to load so I ventured to the video below of him.

It was a custom built mansion. And in the Sacramento real estate market? You buy a home to live in out there not to sell. You'll lose your butt off.
Wrong. The market is one of the biggest gainers right now. There is no inventory and prices are rising fast. I know I just bought a house in November and planning to sell my old one in a few weeks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I honestly don't see Vivek letting Tyreke walk. The new guys keep referring to the potential we already have on the team. Tyreke and Demarcus are the cornerstones of the foundation Vivek was talking about today during the D'Alessando presser. With the right coach and right staff, Reke and DFC are going to be monsters.

Looking better but still needs work. It looks like his lower body is locked. That affects his lift and explosion. Good thing he has size cause the shot looks like it could get blocked. I'd also like to see him dribble less. Two, three dribbles and just pull up, no fancy footwork.

Tyreke has been exposed the last few years. Credit him for getting smarter with his shot selection. His shot is still shaky, but he's at least not hoisting up shots. It looks to be a very calculated decision to be efficient over forcing shots. this is why I don't buy any talk of being misused. He has a lot of freedom to be himself. He used his opportunity on shot selection instead of focusing on other things. This is a good and bad thing.

Yeah, lets ask all the guys with shaky shot just stand there on the arc waiting to execute catch-and-clang - that's the proper use for Tyreke.

You're gonna be real depressed if he's re-signed aren't you, lol.
Personally I wouldn't care either way unless the kings signed him to a max contract, then I would probably be a little upset. We're not a good enough team to be throwing out max contracts to players (including DMC) that haven't made the team any better than when they arrived.

At this point I feel that we have enough guards to cover for his loss and the team wouldn't be any better or worse off in the short term. Long term it all depends on the type of player that replaces him, because I don't want any of our current guard roster being a long term solution (to start) if we don't re-sign Reke.

You're gonna be real depressed if he's re-signed aren't you, lol.
It depends on the price tag. Over $10-11 mil per year and it will come back to bite us in 2 years cap wise. Something around MT contract is about the right value. I hate to let an asset walk for nothing especially with the new CBA, but at some point it doesn't make sense cap wise to tie up money and over pay.

Personally I wouldn't care either way unless the kings signed him to a max contract, then I would probably be a little upset. We're not a good enough team to be throwing out max contracts to players (including DMC) that haven't made the team any better than when they arrived.

At this point I feel that we have enough guards to cover for his loss and the team wouldn't be any better or worse off in the short term. Long term it all depends on the type of player that replaces him, because I don't want any of our current guard roster being a long term solution (to start) if we don't re-sign Reke.
8-9. If he thinks there is a big money market for him, like Grant keeps reiterating, he's going to be in for a rude awakening. We thought we would be having this big money contract situation after his rookie year, but he turned into an all-around, quality role player that the team would prefer to keep

8-9. If he thinks there is a big money market for him, like Grant keeps reiterating, he's going to be in for a rude awakening. We thought we would be having this big money contract situation after his rookie year, but he turned into an all-around, quality role player that the team would prefer to keep
8 or 9 was what I was thinking. Something like a 5 year deal worth 43mil would be in the ballpark for what Reke is worth. If it's something that we would have to overpay for, lets say a 5 year 60mil deal, I would rather he walk.