Types of Forum Members

I enjoy the forum, but lately there have been some discussions that sound a bunch of old women at a quilting bee.

Which of these types apply to you?

Statistician
Gossiper
Social media watcher
Debater
Business manager
Basketball Expert

lol - this is a funny thread. nice!

Statistician - Trained in this area professionally, but don't really have the time or energy to dive into it for basketball.
Gossiper
Social media watcher - sort of maybe? i've posted social media bits a couple of times...
Debater - Don't usually weigh in too deep. I tend to sit on the edge of the debate, snipe in and then back out
Business manager - I get lost in any business of basketball discussions
Basketball Expert - No way... Just what my eyes tell me is the extent of my knowledge.

Which one of the golden girls am I? Probably betty. When the girls get all antsy in their pantsy I like to remind them of what the goal is and whats important.

Thank you for being a friieeenndd....

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I enjoy the forum, but lately there have been some discussions that sound a bunch of old women at a quilting bee.

Which of these types apply to you?

Statistician
Gossiper
Social media watcher
Debater
Business manager
Basketball Expert
You forgot smarmy smartass on that list, which I am.

I just like reading others thoughts and watching basketball, especially the Kings. I'm not an expert, so not sure which category that falls under. lol at tetsu and entity.

Instigator here as well, but not by choice a lot of the time. Most people don't agree with me so I guess I unintentionally instigate.

Also Debater.

I see myself fitting into a lot of those roles, but I truly love acting as the GM of the Kings so I guess that's Business Manager? Planning for the future, drafting, making contracts work, dealing, etc. really gets me going. It probably explains why I have so many extensive and thorough threads in the Personnel Moves forum.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that "moves" in "Personnel moves" is not capitalized? I don't know why but it has always bugged me considering the rest of the headings are all capitalized. Just thought I would share my OCD with all of you :p

funny thread. i'll play. i'd say i'm a debater more than anything else. i'm argumentative by nature, and i feel that i have enough knowledge of the game to support the claims i make. i also don't mind being proven wrong when it benefits the team, as has been the case with rudy gay. i'll gladly take that one on the chin if the kings are able to build a winner around gay and demarcus cousins...

I'm a debater. I'm also a statistician when I can find and manipulate stats to prove my point in the debate. I also like to include lots of sarcasm in most of my posts.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Hmm, nothing of the choices jumped out at me. I think I am a consensus builder with an occasional flash of my more natural temper. Maybe I am seen as a debater but I don't think so. I will not go to the ends of the earth to make a point.

I have to add that sometimes I can be a smart ass but that's because Spike and Tetsujin make me do it. I can't control it.

Last edited:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Probably select Basketball Expert from being ex-college (NY juco) and industrial league (LAX) ball player, 20-yr NBA writer mostly at summer leagues a voice of reason and being a long time CEO.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Where is the "moderator" option? That means by law I have to read all the posts, even the stupid ones. ;)

And I would say I am more of a fan than any kind of expert. Some of you are much smarter on basketball items than I ever will be. And that is fine. Just don't be a schmuck and we're cool. :)