Training camp reports open thread 2022

honestly they did that when they traded for AD. The grand irony is that for almost any other team except maybe the Celtics, you'd trade one championship parade for what they have coming to them. For the Lakers they get an asterisked championship nobody could watch live to go with the 16 or so others. big whoop. this one can probably sit next to the NBL championship. it's like Ric Flair being given another title run by his son in law.
Eh, that AD-Bron team was actually really good. It wholly depended on AD/Bron carrying the offensive workload, but they had a damn good defense and a bunch of quality role players that fit around them perfectly. Caruso/KCP/Kuzma/Danny Green, Dwight/Javale gave you good role playing C minutes and rim protection.

And they threw all of it away for Westbrook and a bunch of washed-up has-beens

Eh, that AD-Bron team was actually really good. It wholly depended on AD/Bron carrying the offensive workload, but they had a damn good defense and a bunch of quality role players that fit around them perfectly. Caruso/KCP/Kuzma/Danny Green, Dwight/Javale gave you good role playing C minutes and rim protection.

And they threw all of it away for Westbrook and a bunch of washed-up has-beens
My point is they got one season out of it. And it wound up being played in a bubble. Good chance as good as they were they don't win without the break/bubble. But even so, they aren't Sacramento. They're supposed to contend every year. One championship for what looks like it will be a decade long drought thanks to the picks and pick swaps they sent out for a team like LA that already had 16 NBA championships is that worth it? I don't think so.

What was fox's participation in the Fan Fest? The thing that has been worrying me is that I havent heard him often mentioned in these team building events where the group is just having fun together. Was he there and how was his interaction with the team itself? it may just be my perception but he seems a bit removed from the team (always seemed that way). Does he keep them at arms length vs just a loner or is my perception wrong? Yes I know monk is his BFF and he is close to him (not saying fox is making drama or anything).

I have heard a lot about Davion and Sabonis working out together but every time sabonis was asked about the growing partnership with Fox it was not "we work out together" like he said about Davion working with him after getting back from Eurobasket, it was, its gonna get better and better the more we play together (like...we havent spent much time together but we will). Maybe im reading into things...

dude12

Hall of Famer
What was fox's participation in the Fan Fest? The thing that has been worrying me is that I havent heard him often mentioned in these team building events where the group is just having fun together. Was he there and how was his interaction with the team itself? it may just be my perception but he seems a bit removed from the team (always seemed that way). Does he keep them at arms length vs just a loner or is my perception wrong? Yes I know monk is his BFF and he is close to him (not saying fox is making drama or anything).

I have heard a lot about Davion and Sabonis working out together but every time sabonis was asked about the growing partnership with Fox it was not "we work out together" like he said about Davion working with him after getting back from Eurobasket, it was, its gonna get better and better the more we play together (like...we havent spent much time together but we will). Maybe im reading into things...
Read your last sentence again….probably that

He was signing autographs.