Trade with Lakers

P

Peacekeeper

Let me start off as saying I am a Laker fan... I know we have had our rivalries in the past.... But that has been dead for a few years now. I have question for you guys and I offer it as an olive branch to the kings...

Is thier anyone on the Laker Squad that you would want for Artest? Outside of Kobe and Odom? Bynum? Walton? Kwame? Vlad Rad? Brian Cook?

Just curious. I know both of our teams are in dire straits right now.

Good Luck on your upcomming season

first, welcome to the board.
second, this belongs in the personnel moves forum. It will probably be moved shortly.
third, if the lakers take Artest, they get Kenny also. Doesn't really matter who we get back, except Vladimir. So Artest + Kenny or no deal. =]

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
First, welcome to KingsFans.com, Peacekeeper. Second, for Kings fans (or the majority of us) the rivalry will never be over. I LOVE to HATE the Lakers. :p Third, as much as we need to move Artest, there is no way I want him going and helping the Lakers. Sorry!

An Artest for Bynum and others, yes, and VRad can't be included. There's good upside with Bynum, otherwise it's not worth the risk of things working out for the Lakers.

The only thing that makes sense for us is Artest + KT for Bynum + Kawme or Crittenton + Evans + Kawme. Bynum and Crittenton have potential. Kawme sucks but he is an ender, same for Evans. Sorry, but everyone else, besides Kobe, on the Lakers is either overpaid (Odom), underachieve (Cook), or both (Radmonovic).

First, welcome to KingsFans.com, Peacekeeper. Second, for Kings fans (or the majority of us) the rivalry will never be over. I LOVE to HATE the Lakers. :p Third, as much as we need to move Artest, there is no way I want him going and helping the Lakers. Sorry!
I'm with you on this one. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let me start off as saying I am a Laker fan... I know we have had our rivalries in the past.... But that has been dead for a few years now. I have question for you guys and I offer it as an olive branch to the kings...

Is thier anyone on the Laker Squad that you would want for Artest? Outside of Kobe and Odom? Bynum? Walton? Kwame? Vlad Rad? Brian Cook?

Just curious. I know both of our teams are in dire straits right now.

Good Luck on your upcomming season
The rivalry will NEVER die. I don't care if we both suck so bad we end up with 0 wins in a season.

;)

We aren't going to trade Artest to you. The Maloofs may be gamblers but they're not fools. Trading him away to our closest rival would just be silly, especially with what you're willing to offer in trade. If he didn't blow up, he'd shut us down at least four times a year and that's not something I (or the Maloofs) would want to look forward to.

Sorry, but you're not gonna get Artest in a Kings fire sale.

I'd personally deal away Artest if it meant getting Horford. My thoughts are something like this in a 3 way with Atlanta...

Kings deal:
Ron Artest
Sahreef Abdur Rahim

Kings receive:
Al Horford
Maurice Evans
Sasha Whosabitch

Lakers deal:
Andrew Bynum
Javaris Crittenton
Maurice Evans
Sasha Whosabitch

Hawks deal:
Al Horford
Speedy Claxton

Hawks receive:
Andrew Bynum
Javaris Crittenton
Shareef Abdur-Rahim

There is no rivalry anymore. I'd easily take Kwame, Farmar/Crittenton, and 2008 1st, but it doesn't matter because a trade isn't happening.

The rivalry will NEVER die. I don't care if we both suck so bad we end up with 0 wins in a season.

We aren't going to trade Artest to you. The Maloofs may be gamblers but they're not fools. Trading him away to our closest rival would just be silly, especially with what you're willing to offer in trade. If he didn't blow up, he'd shut us down at least four times a year and that's not something I (or the Maloofs) would want to look forward to.

Sorry, but you're not gonna get Artest in a Kings fire sale.

Exactly.

But we'd be happy to trade them Kenny.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There is no rivalry anymore.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you've never been in Arco during a Kings-Lakers game, then or now.

A rivalry IMHO can exist when both teams suck. My high school rivalry has gone on for over 40 years with the same school and neither has won a division title or championship during that entire time. Rivalries are in the hearts of the fans.

If you don't feel it, then it's dead FOR YOU but it doesn't mean it's over for everyone.

DIE LAKER SCUM!!!

;)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you've never been in Arco during a Kings-Lakers game, then or now.

A rivalry IMHO can exist when both teams suck. My high school rivalry has gone on for over 40 years with the same school and neither has won a division title or championship during that entire time. Rivalries are in the hearts of the fans.

If you don't feel it, then it's dead FOR YOU but it doesn't mean it's over for everyone.

DIE LAKER SCUM!!!

;)
I don't see why I have to clarify that it's dead from my perspective, you should assume as much. I believe there is no rivalry anymore, if you disagree then fine.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You made a flat out statement - The rivalry is dead. I'm not going to assume anything other than the statement on its face.

So...

if you disagree then fine.
Fine. I disagree.

:p

;)

And I'm curious. Have you ever attended a Kings-Laker game in Arco? Because I'm pretty close to positive if you had, your opinion would be different. It's one of those rare things in life you truly have to experience to understand.

And I'm curious. Have you ever attended a Kings-Laker game in Arco? Because I'm pretty close to positive if you had, your opinion would be different. It's one of those rare things in life you truly have to experience to understand.
No, never even been to arco before. I have seen lakers-kings at staples though and I don't see a rivalry. Most of my laker fan friends don't care about the kings more than any other team. That's why I don't think there is a rivalry anymore.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're looking at things from the Laker perspective, my dear Kings fan. Seeing our HOME fans in our HOME arena when the Lakeshow comes to town would totally change your mind.

But we're nit-picking. There isn't a rivalry for you but for a lot of us, it will NEVER let it die.

BEAT LA is still the most popular chant in Arco.

Maybe someday you'll be able to experience it first hand.

:)

Not to be facetious but I really do not want to trade Artest, especially to the lakers. That being said it would take Bynum + 1st rd pick, or Bynum+ Odom to get this deal done imo. So clearly it would never happen.

A

AriesMar27

No, never even been to arco before. I have seen lakers-kings at staples though and I don't see a rivalry. Most of my laker fan friends don't care about the kings more than any other team. That's why I don't think there is a rivalry anymore.
i went to a lakers-kings game at staples this season and the laker fans were hating hardcore... they are just as heated as kings fans are when the lakers are in town...

I would love to see Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest try to co-exist in Los Angeles, especially if Odom is still there. That team would have self-destruction written all over it, if you ask me.

And it wouldn't take much to get Artest, if I was running the show. Kwame's contract expires next summer, so I would ask for Kwame + Farmar, settle for Kwame + 2nd rounder, and would be okay with just Kwame for Artest straight up. If Ron isn't going to be a part of our long-term plan, we might as well get something for him before he melts down on us.

You're looking at things from the Laker perspective, my dear Kings fan. Seeing our HOME fans in our HOME arena when the Lakeshow comes to town would totally change your mind.

But we're nit-picking. There isn't a rivalry for you but for a lot of us, it will NEVER let it die.

BEAT LA is still the most popular chant in Arco.

Maybe someday you'll be able to experience it first hand.

:)
It's not that I'm taking it from a lakers perspective per se, it's that the impression I get from laker fans is that they really don't think a rivalry exists between the two teams anymore and I think you need two to tango, so to speak.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
According to other Kings fans I know in LA, Staples gets up for Kings games as much as we get up for Lakers games.

I'll just agree that you and I disagree.

For Artest?!!:confused:
Really??.. For those two scrubs, you would do that? We're talking about one of the top defenders in the game here! Man am I glad you are not the GM here in Sac.
How much more do you think we'll be able to get for Artest? I mean, it's September and we still haven't moved him, though there have been several teams reportedly interested. I don't think his value is as high as you assume it to be.

GP is not going to deal Ron for garbage. Ron will still be a King this season because noone is going to offer more than garbage, not to mention his opt out. End of story.

This offseason is over sans the waiting.

oh yeah - The rivalry will never die! I hope the only games Kings win next year are against the lakers. And it should be obvious that Kings fans would be a little more bitter and embrace the rilvalry longer.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's really only worth trading Ron if you get a young player in return. No player you get in return is going to be as good as Ron, but if you're not planning to re-sign him in two years, than it would be worth it to trade him now for someone who will be. For Ronny Turiaf, I don't know. I think we can do better. Bynum sounds more like it. This is a former All-Star and defensive player of the year after all. He may be a distraction, but he's not signed long term and he's not killing the cap so it's not like Petrie has to give him away for nothing. I'm not really sold on Bynum either, actually. And Ron on the Lakers would be a nightmare.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
"The Rivalry" as is being discussed, IMO, began in 1999 and ended in 2005. The core of the rivalry was Vlade-Peja-Bibby vs. Shaq-Kobe and Horry. When both teams went down the tubes in 05-06 the general and larger group of KingsFans lost interest in the Lakers/Fakers as a "rivalry". There is no emotion from Kings players vs. Lakers now as non of them (except Bibbs, a Brad for a bit) was here during the high emotional times.

I'm not sure there is a "rivalry" with any team right now. Warriors have never been for reasons unknown. Heck, Dallas was a rivalry in the 2000-03 range when the Kings regularly beat up on them, mostly in the playoffs. Suns? nah. Jazz? nah. Clips? har, har, har. Rockets/Adelman? nah. BUT....... lets see where Seattle and Portland fit with their totally new rosters. Us three could make for some interesting games with any one of the three beating anyother this year and maybe next. hmmm??;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know who you've been talking to but I know of at least three Kings players who specifically cite the Lakers as our rivals.

I've been to both Staples and Arco for Lakers/Kings games multiple times. They're always fun, but I'm done with Arco. I don't enjoy beer being poured on me or the insults...and that's just because of my clothes, because I went alone and talked to no one.

That being said...you can keep Artest. We've got enough drama, we don't need a crazy dude too. ;)