Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

Fox looks uncomfortable off the ball because he is shooting 23% from 3. Swipa’s stardom depends on his 3 point shot and to a lesser extent, his free throws. If he ever gets to 36-37 percent at a high volume and 75 from the line he is a star. If not, his ceiling is just short of all star.

as far as the trade, it’s tough. I would have to at least think about it because we go from bad defensively to top 10-15. Can we replace his scoring? You would have to be confident Davion can be at least a poor mans Kemba. It doesn’t appear we can expect a ton of scoring out of Hali. I dunno.
Fox also looks uncomfortable because he's expected to bail out poor offensive sets at the end of a clock time and time again. Buddy is the other person put in that tough position but he's better at launching crazy shots so he doesn't look as bad game to game. I don't know what the stats are now but earlier in the year Fox's catch and shoot percentages were pretty good. Waltons offense relies on early motion which inevitably ends up going nowhere and then they run a pick and roll with 10 seconds or less making it a 1 pass play at best from there on.

Ya just realized it’s better to trade fox now if he isn’t an all star when that extension kicks in it’s game over
I believe this is the first year of his extension, so it’s a little too late for that. Still think there is some time decay remaining on this option that the Kings can exercise. Might have to pay a premium rather than the discount that they could’ve gotten over the summer.

Amick said that Morey didn’t think Fox could be the lead on a winning team but Morey has every reason to drive down the Fox value. Build around Fox and get a head coach that knows what to do with talent

Amick said that Morey didn’t think Fox could be the lead on a winning team but Morey has every reason to drive down the Fox value. Build around Fox and get a head coach that knows what to do with talent
And they certainly aren't going to build any potential trade pieces considering how badly the Sixers/Simmons have **** the bed. lol.

What person thinks you can build your team around a mental case like Simmons? The only way Simmons works is if you have a dynamite clutch scorer that he can play with, say a Lillard.

With Hali and Davion getting solid runs when they are owning the ball, I think it's time Monte visits the Fox for Simmons straight up trade.
A pick and roll with Hali and Simmons would have infinite possibilities on where the ball will end because Simmons can both pass the ball and take it to the rim.
Buddy's percentage would likely rise when he is taking pass and shoot plays from rotation passes and not the obvious spot ups from drive and kicks. On this team Simmons can play 1-3,4, and 5.
TD rotating to SG spot would make him an even stronger offensive weapon as well.

Fox right now is still a lethal weapon on both ends. But there are clearly many players on this team that is louder than the supposed head of the pack. On a team that clearly needs an alpha leader, the highest paid and anointed leader continues to be the soft talker. I sometimes even see that when Fox has the ball, the rest of team are not aware what he's gonna do next. At this point, a quick bark from him, once he touches that ball should already push the rest running to the most potent spots that would come of his play book.

Fox would fit nicely to a loud Embiid, which should make Monte capable for a straight up trade

With Hali and Davion getting solid runs when they are owning the ball, I think it's time Monte visits the Fox for Simmons straight up trade.
A pick and roll with Hali and Simmons would have infinite possibilities on where the ball will end because Simmons can both pass the ball and take it to the rim.
Buddy's percentage would likely rise when he is taking pass and shoot plays from rotation passes and not the obvious spot ups from drive and kicks. On this team Simmons can play 1-3,4, and 5.
TD rotating to SG spot would make him an even stronger offensive weapon as well.

Fox right now is still a lethal weapon on both ends. But there are clearly many players on this team that is louder than the supposed head of the pack. On a team that clearly needs an alpha leader, the highest paid and anointed leader continues to be the soft talker. I sometimes even see that when Fox has the ball, the rest of team are not aware what he's gonna do next. At this point, a quick bark from him, once he touches that ball should already push the rest running to the most potent spots that would come of his play book.

Fox would fit nicely to a loud Embiid, which should make Monte capable for a straight up trade
The window to do something was last summer. Still do-able, but the Kings likely need to give up a first and involve a third team now. I wasn’t expecting Fox to plateau this year. Value and development are not linear.

Last edited:
If a big trade happens between the Sixers and the Kings and we end up with Simmons and Harris, would we end up running Simmons at the 5? We would need to move Holmes for a PJ Washington type.

Mitchell
Haliburton
Washington
Harris
Simmons

Harris makes too much money and has had a down year (then again so has Beal and Lillard) but he was a near all star last year and is only 29.

Im still on the fence about a Fox or Haliburton trade but that would be quite the shake up.

The window to do something was last summer. Still do-able, but the Kings likely need to give up a first and involve a third team now. I wasn’t expecting Fox to plateau this year. Value and development are not linear.
Nah Simmons had more dunk attempt not taken he vanished last playoffs

Feels like that's actually selling really low on Fox at this point. Team controlled for a half decade. No character issues. Improving jump shot. One of the best 4th quarter scorers in the league. If the Sixers really want him, it'd take more than a super low first and a dude who is currently the internet's favorite target.

The Sixers destroyed any leverage they had in a Simmons move when their coach and star player actively threw him under the bus last night. If they threw in another first or two and maybe Maxey there's a chance I'd think about it.
30-19 since then and the kings are 18-33

I go back to his notorious play and he looks like he kind of loses his footing and doesnt feel confident he's going to be able to dunk so he passes it off. Its crazy how one play literally made this guy quit. Now he prefers going to the Warriors?! And makes tens of millions of dollars milking a mental health crisis? I really want to see no one trade for him at this point, just to see what even happens.