Trade for the #4 pick?

The Kings will make another big leap and we still don't know what our final roster will be. not sure why any of us would care about the lottery right now

Kingster

Hall of Famer
You're hoping and making premature assumptions. Number 1. There is no guarantee that Durant is going to pick up his player option. If he leaves, that opens up a roster spot and the Warriors will easily go over the luxury tax to sign another max player. Especially, moving into a new arena and additional revenue coming in from a more affluent SF fan base and marketing. The Dubs can go 100 mil over the luxury tax and still pay it. Number 2: You're assuming Klay is missing the entire season. That guy is tough as nails. I see him back around the All star break.
The entire discussion is replete with assumption. Yes, I am assuming - a very reasonable assumption I might add - that Klay Thompson is "out" for the year because even if he comes out at the tail end of next season he's not going to be close to 100%. Just too long of a layoff and too serious of an injury to make a contrary assumption on that one. And I did use the word "could," with respect to Durant, didn't I? Could is not equivalent to will. Yes, we all are making assumptions at this point, and people commenting on those making the assumptions are making assumptions. Just like your assumption that Klay is going to be back after the All Star break, and implicitly assuming that he's going to be the old Klay Thompson.

I commented in a prior post that the Warriors might be better off not offering Durant a contract and looking elsewhere for talent. I'm hoping (and assuming) at this point that that will not be the case because of all the emotional blow-back they would get from fans on such a "ruthless" move.