Tips for posting trade ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you want people to really pay attention to your trade idea and get maximum feedback, we suggest you do the following:

1. Make sure the salaries work. Use a trade checker like realGM Trade Checker

2. Don't just post a bunch of names. Go the distance. Actually state reasons why you think each of the teams involved would do it.

3. Be prepared to back up your proposal. We have people here who live and breathe to shoot down trade scenarios that don't make sense.

4. Have fun. It's just a way to pass the time until the season starts.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
i dnt even know why this forum doesnt have a trade board any way
???

If you're talking about a trade checker, there's already a very good one at realGM. Why duplicate?

If you're talking about a separate forum just for trades, we have the Personnel Moves forum, which this thread is in.

Regardless, we're still gonna require people to do a little more than just toss out some names. The bar's set already; it's up to people to meet it.

:)

how bout we dont post trade ideas AT ALL unless its from a credited source and the kings are actually considering making that trade. i get tired of coming to kingsfans.com and seeing "bibby for iverson" only to realize its some silly pipe dream from one of our fellow fans with no logical explanation of how/why. it's crap and it's time consuming.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
how bout we dont post trade ideas AT ALL unless its from a credited source and the kings are actually considering making that trade. i get tired of coming to kingsfans.com and seeing "bibby for iverson" only to realize its some silly pipe dream from one of our fellow fans with no logical explanation of how/why. it's crap and it's time consuming.
Part of the fun for a LOT of people is trying to figure out trades that might happen. That's why we created the Personnel Moves forum. If you don't want to read them, you can generally tell by the first post whether it's a trade proposal created by one of our members or a trade rumor. If it's not what you want to read, move on...

Gary

All-Star
It's fun to dream up trades, an play GM for a few minutes.

I always have a good time discussing my own/other peoples trade ideas. Some are laughable, but it's still fun to discuss. It's not everyones cup of tea. But it's the way I think of the WNBA forum, if you don't like don't look :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.