Trade for Sabonis?

Trade Fox for Sabonis?

• Total voters

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Or, hear me out, the Kings can try having multiple good players at the same time for once.
Nah. Shipping out Hali, Bagley, Fox and some picks makes total sense.

The smart money would be to see if Bagley+Picks and filler gets it done. Let Fox run, and if it isn't there, Hali and Sabonis I'm the half-court is a great secondary option. That's probably not enough to get it done, however.

I think I'd rather go for Turner. Whenever he's traded, I don't think it's more than like a young player+FRP (Bagley+FRP?) for him if they're just looking to ship off vets no matter what. Sabonis at a bare minimum will command Mitchell+2 FRP and you probably have to either base a deal around Fox or add Hali to the Mitchell package to get it done.
Agreed. Not only will Turner be cheaper, but his perimeter shooting/rim-defending skill set isn't one that needs to be "built around." Wouldn't that be nice. No great shakes as a rebounder, which would be an issue for the Kings, but everything else would work. Could even play Turner and Richaun together.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Sabonis would be awesome, baby. Trade Fox for Sabonis and make the salaries work with scrubs. I'd be putting Brogdan into the mix as well if the Kings have to place another good player into the trade. It would be armed robbery if you could somehow get Brogdan and send them Buddy!:D

P.S. I'd also be talking to the Warriors about a Wiseman for Bagley trade. They both have had issues, both sat on bench for long periods, and both could need a change of scenery.

Last edited:
I think I'd rather go for Turner. Whenever he's traded, I don't think it's more than like a young player+FRP (Bagley+FRP?) for him if they're just looking to ship off vets no matter what. Sabonis at a bare minimum will command Mitchell+2 FRP and you probably have to either base a deal around Fox or add Hali to the Mitchell package to get it done.
TRADE #1
Marvin Bagley
Tristan Thompson
Davion Mitchell
2022 SAC 1st (Top 8 Protected)

for

Myles Turner
TJ Warren

TRADE #2
Richaun Holmes

for

Ish Smith
PJ Washington

ROSTER
PG - Fox / Smith
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Warren / Hield / Harkless
PF - Barnes / Washington / Metu / Woodard
C - Turner / Len / Jones

That's a lotttt of shooting around Fox. Would be interesting to see him go to work with this spacing. However, we're still lacking another "star" type go-to option, and not sure this team is good enough defensively to make up for it.

But that's the problem with these "win now" trades. You're still left unsatisfied at the end when you think about how the new team would eventually become a contender.

Sabonis would be awesome, baby. Trade Fox for Sabonis and make the salaries work with scrubs. I'd be putting Brogdan into the mix as well and if the Kings have to place another good player into the trade. It would be armed robbery if you could somehow get Brogdan and send them Buddy!:D

P.S. I'd also be talking to the Warriors about a Wiseman for Bagley trade. They both have had issues, both sat on bench for long periods, and both could need a change of scenery.
Brogdon can't be traded this year due to his extension.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
TRADE #1
Marvin Bagley
Tristan Thompson
Davion Mitchell

for

Myles Turner
TJ Warren

TRADE #2
Richaun Holmes

for

Ish Smith
PJ Washington

ROSTER
PG - Fox / Smith
C - Turner / Len / Jones

That's a lotttt of shooting around Fox. Would be interesting to see him go to work with this spacing. However, we're still lacking another "star" type go-to option, and not sure this team is good enough defensively to make up for it.

But that's the problem with these "win now" trades. You're still left unsatisfied at the end when you think about how the new team would eventually become a contender.
Is anyone actually convinced Warren will ever play basketball at a high level again?

the dude’s been injured for an entire year after being very injured before having that monster bubble run.

TRADE #1
Marvin Bagley
Tristan Thompson
Davion Mitchell

for

Myles Turner
TJ Warren

TRADE #2
Richaun Holmes

for

Ish Smith
PJ Washington

ROSTER
PG - Fox / Smith
C - Turner / Len / Jones

I love me some PJ and that Holmes deal actually makes a ton of sense. With Bridges looking to play himself into a 85+mil extension, Oubre playing well with Hayward and Rozier their long-term, PJ is just getting lost in the shuffle monetarily and positionally. He can flex to C, but it's not a full-time option for where he should be. Hornets could get a redo on passing on Holmes this off-season for literally no reason and get a perfect PnR partner for Melo and massively upgrade their weakest position. Holmes would be a flawless fit in that offense and at least give them some semblance of rim protection on D.

Defense would see a massive upgrade with PJ and Turner and would help fix a lot of our spacing problems. I don't think you need to add Warren as he does a lot of similar things to Barnes and is better as a small-ball 4 in the same vein. So keep Mitchell on the Kings in that deal, and just deal for Turner straight up.

Assuming Sabonis is available, looking like a lot of teams have interest.
I won’t get my hopes up.
About Bagley, it’s almost looking like under the right/decent coach he’s a player. My guess is the King’s will still shop him and he’ll flourish elsewhere, sure he’s had injuries but what a waste. It’s like selling your home a year ago then watching this years rise in value.

I just read the article on the Athletic about Turner. Myles wants to play the 5 and doesn’t want to be a defensive role player who stands in the corner for 3s. He wanted to be traded to Boston in the botched Hayward deal a couple years back.

So now the Pacers need to pick between the two of them and trade for a wing, or at least I presume that’s what they want. I have to imagine Sabonis has more value but fit seems hard to come by.

Sabonis for Kuzma, Deni and a pick?

I won’t get my hopes up.
About Bagley, it’s almost looking like under the right/decent coach he’s a player. My guess is the King’s will still shop him and he’ll flourish elsewhere, sure he’s had injuries but what a waste. It’s like selling your home a year ago then watching this years rise in value.
That doesn't even make sense to me. If he's balling, working hard, and is young why even shop him in the first place.

He was such a high pick, surely you'd be getting much less value in return. Why not just have him on the team ?

That doesn't even make sense to me. If he's balling, working hard, and is young why even shop him in the first place.

He was such a high pick, surely you'd be getting much less value in return. Why not just have him on the team ?
Yeah if he keeps up like he has since Waltons departure it will be sad to sell low and not take advantage of what’s looking like a turnaround. Damn he’s even hitting 3’s at a good clip.
I don’t know what the front office is thinking or Bagley and his camp but most of what Im reading is he’s likely gone at the trade deadline.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I won’t get my hopes up.
we still own him. like literally control his next year + ... I imagine we might still be shopping him but if someone wanted to rook us for him that window sailed 3 weeks ago.

I won’t get my hopes up.
The big question with Bagley going forward IMO is whether the player he thinks he is matches the contributions on the court. He has played well lately but fans have largely adjusted their expectations for him. Does he see himself as a guy who could work his way to a max contract or would he be ok in a complimentary role either starting or off the bench.

I still don’t know what to think of him. His elite skill would be rebounding maybe? He is good at put backs. Solid from that corner three. No longer a sieve on defense but not a stalwart either.

Melbourne. Think Jimbob is Qld?
let's ask him. Jim where abouts are you? By the way, I love Melbourne. One of my favorite cities I've visited, will definitely be back one day.
That’s correct I’m in Brisbane and haven’t been able to leave, covid border closures, for a year. My youngest daughter is a college student in Melbourne and as soon as I can making a break for it. We love Melbourne, our favourite Australian city.