This loss is on Adelman

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rain man said:
Of course it is on Adelman- I would expect NOTHING LESS FROM SOME OF YOU.

Why is it that when we lose it is almost a RITUAL to see who can be the first person onto the board to come up with some way to blame Rick. Newsflash- the KINGS- ALL OF THEM- lost this game tonight. Bibby shot VERY poorly. Reef and KT were invisible. Brad was worse than invisible. Ron decided to play for 12 minutes. Martin was inconsistent all night. Even Bonzi, the star of the game, missed some gimmes and free throws down the stretch.

THIS LOSS IS ON EVERYONE. The whole damn team last the game from the start.

But- it is always a race to blame Rick on this board. None of you gave him credit in game 3 and 4, but in a game when the Kings played awful and still almost stole it the first thing you can do is come in and pin the ENTIRE loss on Rick's late game substiution. Unbelievable.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Too bad we can't bring back the old Bonzi to come and spit on you and your weak*ss fandom.
Bravo.

The question to me is why Miller, who only had a couple fouls, didn't foul Duncan and make him shoot free throws? Duncan isn't exactly known for that, it is no secret. You leave Shareef in there and he is just going to foul out, if he doesn't foul out he has to back off the guy that is killing you so as to not pick up a foul.

Burrito06 said:
We may have not won the game but we wouldn't have got beat down in the final 3 minutes.
And if the end result was still a loss, which was most likely, what the he** difference does it make? SAR and KT were essentially manhandled by Duncan, too, just not as bad.

And it is NOT Adelman's fault. He had one player against the NBA champs for 3 quarters. I'm surprised he had this team still in it at the end.

Stupid me for thinking that I would come to this board tonight and find a love-fest for the Kings for their competitive spirit and for even being IN this series.

:mad:

You guys act like the Spurs are a bunch of punks who we should be able to beat easily. They are one of the best teams in the NBA if not the best. We have SPURS fans giving us props and you guys want a new coach. Pathetic.

You all want to applaud RA in generalities...I usually do to...I'm not a RA hater, in fact I think he shoud be re-signed, but tonight he made a specific, dreadful error...he broke up what was working, with only 3 minutes left, in favor of a proven negative. Why?

SkinnerBox said:
You guys act like the Spurs are a bunch of punks who we should be able to beat easily. They are one of the best teams in the NBA if not the best. We have SPURS fans giving us props and you guys want a new coach. Pathetic.
True.

D-Mass said:
Stupid me for thinking that I would come to this board tonight and find a love-fest for the Kings for their competitive spirit and for even being IN this series.

:mad:
Word, I was thinking the same thing. Losses are always tough, but the effort to come back in hostile environment is nothing to be ashamed about. These are the defending champs and were at game 6, people.

AriesMar27 said:
what about bibby?
Mike had a bad game tonight. That's true. I'm sure the arm had a lot to do with the shooting woes, but it doesn't change the outcome.

However, I'm real reluctant to blame this loss on Mike Bibby alone when his foul troubles meant that we were given a glimpse of just how ugly this team is without him.

I also believe that Rick should be re-signed. I've loved the guy since he has been in Sacramento. He has turned around this franchise and led this team to the playoffs. I may not agree with some of the moves he has made over the years but that's what being a fan is all about. Rick in my opinion is a top 3 coach. Phil, Larry Brown and then Rick. If we let this guy get away I'll be upset. I don't want a Mike Montgomery leading this team.

Let me put it this way.
Last I checked it was a team game. Whether or not Rick put brad in is irrelevent. He put him in there b/c of foul trouble. While we are at it, lets blame ron for not covering ginobli effectively. Lets blame Bonzi for not making all of his free throws. Lets blame Bibby for not making his shots when we expect him to. This is a team game, so lets not blame just one person.

Rain Man is 100% right and......

Does anyone mind if I get banned tonight,cause I cannot take it anymore... Some of you so called "FANS" are complete IDIOTS.

For some reason some of you NON-KNOWLEDGEABLE basketball fans have too place blame on something/someone when in fact the blame only comes down to one thing. The Spurs were the better team tonight. The Kings played their hearts out and the better team won tonight. GIVE ME A BREAK OMG Need to leave now I knew this was going to happen.

I apologize in advance this is ridiculous. I had no idea that we were supposed to go undefeated all season and now sweep the Spurs in the playoffs.

GoGoGadget said:
Mike had a bad game tonight. That's true. I'm sure the arm had a lot to do with the shooting woes, but it doesn't change the outcome.

However, I'm real reluctant to blame this loss on Mike Bibby alone when his foul troubles meant that we were given a glimpse of just how ugly this team is without him.
well if we had a back-up for bibby that would be nice

Burrito06 said:
I also believe that Rick should be re-signed. I've loved the guy since he has been in Sacramento. He has turned around this franchise and led this team to the playoffs. I may not agree with some of the moves he has made over the years but that's what being a fan is all about. Rick in my opinion is a top 3 coach. Phil, Larry Brown and then Rick. If we let this guy get away I'll be upset. I don't want a Mike Montgomery leading this team.
I agree with your post, obviously, but I gotta think Popovich is a top 3 coach, no?

I agree it's pointless to blame one person in a team game. But I don't think its unreasonable to point out some individuals that contributed to the loss, just like applauding the efforts of guys like Bonzi that could have contributed to a win.

BigWaxer said:
Rain Man is 100% right and......

Does anyone mind if I get banned tonight,cause I cannot take it anymore... Some of you so called "FANS" are complete IDIOTS.

For some reason some of you NON-KNOWLEDGEABLE basketball fans have too place blame on something/someone when in fact the blame only comes down to one thing. The Spurs were the better team tonight. The Kings played their hearts out and the better team won tonight. GIVE ME A BREAK OMG Need to leave now I knew this was going to happen.

I apologize in advance this is ridiculous. I had no idea that we were supposed to go undefeated all season and now sweep the Spurs in the playoffs.
Haha. Don't you know you only build championship teams by firing the culprit every time you lose a game? :rolleyes:

OK, maybe I can accept argument that this loss is on everyone but Bonzi, but I cannot possibly accept argument that it is on RA.

- Brad Miller continuing to dissapear is not on Rick. Apart from Brad and SAR Rick's got noone to go against TD. When SAR got called for 5th, it was not "only" 2 minutes left - there was whole another game to play! 2 minutes is a long time, let alone OT and having SAR out there while he is about to foul out is not a risk coach should take.

- What about others? RA just said that he that Bibby's 3 pt attempt out of time out was NOT the play he wanted. Ditto Ron's on the next posetion. No too mention Bibby leaving Bowen open for that 3 when score was still close and then turning it over on the other side. That was the game. Which one of those plays do you think Rick drew up and called?

I am fed up with some displays by our players out there just as much as the next person. But after Bonzi and kids, the RA deserves the least blame. And the most importantly:

At all time during this game I felt that the team was prepared by RA, motivated to play and they played hard until we lost the control. I am cool with that. I can accept mistakes from the team that tried.

thesanityannex said:
There is nothing to argue if you are to take Miller's side. The guy has been an absolute no show this entire series. Miller sucks. End of story. He is a softy and has been exposed time and time again.

We all know you suck at defense Miller............at least show SOME effort and try and stop someone.

Question to Miller:

Do you have any?
Wow, Great Post, I couldn't agree with you more. I mean he is the 2nd highest paid player on the team, and he averages like 8pts, and 3 rbs during the series, that is absolutely pathetic. He is a doormat for Ginobili, Parker, and every other person who challenges him in the lane. He doesn't cover the paint, block shots, cut off the man driving to the hoop, if he isn't passing or making his 16-18ft jump shot he is pretty much worthless. He is our 7'0+ ft player, and he plays like an absolute chump. Keep Bonzi, and move Brad it is that easy. We are a back up pg, and a shot blocking rebounding enforcer away from being legitimate NBA TITLE CONTENTDER.!!!

bozzwell said:
OK, maybe I can accept argument that this loss is on everyone but Bonzi, but I cannot possibly accept argument that it is on RA.

- Brad Miller continuing to dissapear is not on Rick. Apart from Brad and SAR Rick's got noone to go against TD. When SAR got called for 5th, it was not "only" 2 minutes left - there was whole another game to play! 2 minutes is a long time, let alone OT and having SAR out there while he is about to foul out is not a risk coach should take.

- What about others? RA just said that he that Bibby's 3 pt attempt out of time out was NOT the play he wanted. Ditto Ron's on the next posetion. No too mention Bibby leaving Bowen open for that 3 when score was still close and then turning it over on the other side. That was the game. Which one of those plays do you think Rick drew up and called?

I am fed up with some displays by our players out there just as much as the next person. But after Bonzi and kids, the RA deserves the least blame. And the most importantly:

At all time during this game I felt that the team was prepared by RA, motivated to play and they played hard until we lost the control. I am cool with that. I can accept mistakes from the team that tried.

you are 200% right on that one. agree agree agree. nothing to do with adelman, just no teamwork, etc... sloppy game:confused:

If we get rid of Brad we need someone else who can stretch defenses. Thats not easy to find in any of the positions that we don't have locked up.

I will add being an IN boy myself Brad has dissapointed me this postseason and in general all year. Something isn't right, he seems like his dog BO died or something. Eitherway he STILL wasn't the reason we lost, everyone did a great job tonight and the better team won. How hard is that to accept?

D-Mass said:
I agree with your post, obviously, but I gotta think Popovich is a top 3 coach, no?
I forgot about him....not trying to think about anything Spurs related right now. LOL :D . Pop is better then Phil in my opinion. Rick is still a top 3 coach. I'm deciding whether or not I want to drop Larry Brown from that list.

I blame:
Brad Miller for playing sub-par all series.
Bonzi Wells for not being a god in the 4th quarter.
Ron Artest for only being a god in the 4th quarter.
Mike Bibby for not being 'clutch' and scoring 8 points in less than a minute. (While single handedly holding the Spurs to 0.)
Rick Adelman for not running out onto the court and personally guarding their 3pt shooters during their 4th quarter run.
The Maloofs for not paying the Spurs to lose the game.
Geoff Petrie for not creating a team composed of Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Steve Nash.
Oscar Robertson for not coming out of retirement to play one more for his old franchise.
The Royal Court Dancers for not sufficiantly "distracting" Ginobli in the 4th quarter.
Every Kings Fan everywhere, (including myself,) for not flying to San Antonio and filling up their arena.
President Bush for not making Spurs victories illegal.
The Spurs for being better than us down the stretch.
Finley...just cause.

Widowmaker2k said:
I blame:
Mike Bibby for not being 'clutch' and scoring 8 points in less than a minute. (While single handedly holding the Spurs to 0.)
Rick Adelman for not running out onto the court and personally guarding their 3pt shooters during their 4th quarter run.
Geoff Petrie for not creating a team composed of Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Steve Nash.
Oscar Robertson for not coming out of retirement to play one more for his old franchise.
The Royal Court Dancers for not sufficiantly "distracting" Ginobli in the 4th quarter.
Every Kings Fan everywhere, (including myself,) for not flying to San Antonio and filling up their arena.
Finley...just cause.
there's plenty of cause to blame finley these days. specifically, his flurry of threes and that ridiculous shot to beat the buzzer at the end of the third in tonight's game.

Widowmaker2k said:
I blame:
Finley...just cause.
yes, somebody understands.

BigWaxer said:
I will add being an IN boy myself Brad has dissapointed me this postseason and in general all year. Something isn't right, he seems like his dog BO died or something. Eitherway he STILL wasn't the reason we lost, everyone did a great job tonight and the better team won. How hard is that to accept?
No he wasn't the sole reason we lost. There were concrete reasons for the loss and several factors/players contributed in their own way. Brad is just one of them. That is why the loss cannot be blamed on just RA (or just Brad for that matter).

I think RA should be re-signed and I'm not attacking him. I think he made a desperation gamble that Miller would show up for the last 3 minutes, and it didn't pay.

I liked what I saw up until the very end, and it isn't RA's fault that SAR got his 5th foul.

This is constructive criticism, not dumping.

Widowmaker2k said:
I blame:
Finley...just cause.
HAHAH okay that made me laugh. You calmed me down some WM...

LOL the best
" President Bush for not making Spurs victories illegal."