There is no topic

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
English Crop Circle's Mysterious Pattern Solved

Interesting crop circle. Must have been a smart farmer. ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368422,00.html

Another crop circle has appeared in the English countryside — and this one's clearly been made by someone, or something, that understands math.
At first glance, the strange ratcheted pattern, radiating out clockwise, doesn't look like much — modern art, perhaps.
But an electrical engineer from North Carolina — described by the London newspapers as a "retired astrophysicist" — figured out that it was an abstract representation of pi, the number at the center of Euclidean geometry.

photos and more.....

I would like to point out that my sis asked to have her son on her birthday. He seems to be the accommodating sort, tomorrow is her birthday and if he's anything like her, he'll be born after midnight on June 21st. :D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
My wife talked to her grandparents in Springfield, Missouri today. Gas there was $3.99 not long ago, and just dropped back to the $3.50 - $3.60 range.

I talk to my mom in Springfield, Illinois every week. It used to be that gas prices there ran within about 20 cents of ours. Their gas has not reached more than $4.14/gal while ours went up to more than $4.50/gal. Theirs is now back to below $4. Ours still runs close to $4.50. What's up with that?

so i went to a friends house today and watched some old arrested development episodes and remembered how pissed off i am that it isn't on anymore. changing my avatar temporarily as an ode to one of my favorite televison series.

I wanted to hug the young waiter at our local Red Lobster last night - I'm almost 46, with a significant amount of silver in my hair, and it's been a really long time since anyone addressed me as "miss". It made my day (and my husband smile).

And I'm sure the exoskeleton would help it do just that, but I'd still think the lead might have slowed 'er down enough to make the ten foot vertical leap a bit of a stretch.
Don't assume aliens are affected by the viscosity of molten lead. I'm sure they have ways around that too.

Then again, if molten lead doesn't bother them, then why do the flamethrowers?

Don't assume aliens are affected by the viscosity of molten lead. I'm sure they have ways around that too.

Then again, if molten lead doesn't bother them, then why do the flamethrowers?
Fire scares them, according to Ripley. Which is convenient, since it's the only thing they've got available.

Well... that and the tons of molten lead that's just laying around.