There is no topic

Think someone I know is getting scammed. A law firm called several family members and place of employment. There is a phone message saying there is a case being filed but no details at all except a random case number. There is no paper trail or mail notifications.

Can anyone with legal experience chime in on this? The phone message sounds somewhat legit using family member names but also on the edge of threatening (using family members homes as a listed place of residence of the person in question).

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Think someone I know is getting scammed. A law firm called several family members and place of employment. There is a phone message saying there is a case being filed but no details at all except a random case number. There is no paper trail or mail notifications.

Can anyone with legal experience chime in on this? The phone message sounds somewhat legit using family member names but also on the edge of threatening (using family members homes as a listed place of residence of the person in question).
Law firms do everything in writing. If you're suspicious, call the Bar Association. They might be able to give you more information.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Did this other son I never knew existed grow up in Sac or is he a half brother and the child of Tom and Rita?
From Wikipedia:

Hanks was married to American actress Samantha Lewes in 1978. They had one son, actor Colin Hanks (born 1977),[129] and one daughter, Elizabeth Hanks (born 1982).[8] Hanks and Samantha Lewes divorced in 1987.[8][130]

In 1981, Hanks met actress Rita Wilson on the set of TV comedy Bosom Buddies (1980–1982). They were reunited in 1985 on the set of Volunteers.[8] Wilson is of Greek and Bulgarian descent, and a member of the Greek Orthodox Church. Before marrying her, Hanks converted to her faith.[131][132] Hanks and Wilson married in 1988 and have two sons. The oldest, Chester Marlon "Chet" Hanks, had a minor role as a student in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and released a rap song in 2011.[133] Their youngest, Truman Theodore, was born in 1995.[134] Hanks lives with his family in Los Angeles, California,[135] and Ketchum, Idaho.[136]

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I got bored waiting for @Spike to come and make his pick in the album draft, so I went back and reviewed the "Hot Babe" draft that we did years back (hooray, mod powers!). Not unlike going back to revisit the NBA's 50 at 50 list, and realizing that there were some egregious snubs (coughDominiqueWilkinscough), I feel like my list doesn't hold up as much as I would like:

Raquel Welch
Vanessa L. Williams
Pam Grier
Sofía Vergara
Mariah Carey
Thandie Newton
Catherine Bell
Ninel Conde
Kristin Chenoweth
Jeri Ryan
Jennifer Tilly
Christina Ricci
Tanya Roberts
Dolly Parton
Jami Gertz
Erika Christensen
Diora Baird
Tocarra Jones
Sara Ramírez
Christina Hendricks

So, after a review, I decided to drop some picks from my original list, and replace them with others. In the spirit of the original draft, I made sure that none of my replacements were women that had been picked by anybody else. With that said...

Out:
Thandie Newton
Kristin Chenoweth
Christina Ricci
Tanya Roberts
Sara Ramirez

In:
Niecy Nash
Simone Missick
Hayley Atwell
Milana Vayntrub
Kat Dennings

I got bored waiting for @Spike to come and make his pick in the album draft, so I went back and reviewed the "Hot Babe" draft that we did years back (hooray, mod powers!). Not unlike going back to revisit the NBA's 50 at 50 list, and realizing that there were some egregious snubs (coughDominiqueWilkinscough), I feel like my list doesn't hold up as much as I would like:

Raquel Welch
Vanessa L. Williams
Pam Grier
Sofía Vergara
Mariah Carey
Thandie Newton
Catherine Bell
Ninel Conde
Kristin Chenoweth
Jeri Ryan
Jennifer Tilly
Christina Ricci
Tanya Roberts
Dolly Parton
Jami Gertz
Erika Christensen
Diora Baird
Tocarra Jones
Sara Ramírez
Christina Hendricks

So, after a review, I decided to drop some picks from my original list, and replace them with others. In the spirit of the original draft, I made sure that none of my replacements were women that had been picked by anybody else. With that said...

Out:
Thandie Newton
Kristin Chenoweth
Christina Ricci
Tanya Roberts
Sara Ramirez

In:
Niecy Nash
Simone Missick
Hayley Atwell
Milana Vayntrub
Kat Dennings
I literally emailed you prior to this post. Yes on Hayley Atwell and Kat Dennings.

Edit: Have you considered Niele Ivey? Now current assistant coach of the Memphis Grizzlies, claim to fame classmate of @Spike?