The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well, we started talking about it in the No Topic Thread, and there was some interest, so here we go!
------------------------------------------

Here's the breakdown of why Im thinking about to take a month or so to hope for a change in the championship scenery.

WWE Champ: HHH
*His constant burying of everyone is awful. We could have had the next awesome heel/tweener champ in Orton, but HHH had to win on the grand stage. And I know he will again bury Orton at Backlash leading into a long program with the newly returning Batista. gag.
World Champ: John Cena
*He has been stale for a good long time. He was one of my favorites as the heel rapper. Then he turned into what he is now, and is shoved down my throat.
IC Champ: Rey Mysterio
*The "Ultimate Underdog." Indifferent. I don't like him constantly winning over Kane and Knox and other monsters, but...Eh.
US Champ: MVP
I actually like him. Im suprised he has gotten himself over as a face despite pretty much the only difference being a 20+ match losing streak.
Unified Tag Champs: The Colons
No way they should have beaten Miz and Morrison. If those two get split in the draft the WWE just gave the tag division an even bigger middle finger than they already are.
ECW Champ: Jack Swagger
From the little I know about him, he is impressive. Don't know if he can talk well, but he is darn good in ring.
Women Champ: Melina
She is born to be a bad girl. Why she is still a face is beyond me.
Diva Champ: Maryse
Probably my favorite diva in all the E. HAs imporved by leaps and bounds from her debut, and is just so conceited and thinks shes above all. Plays her character awesomely!
----------------------------------------

Looking forward to see who else joins in on the discussion!

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
Good to see fresh blood at the top of the Federation... er "E". Its just the same as when I quit watching regularly minus all my favorites that dropped dead. They need a strong competitor to kick them in the pants like WCW and ECW did in the mid 90s, shake things up and make them fresh again.

If they actually put out a decent wrestling videogame again that might re-capture my interest too.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well, since Im on Spring Break from work and school, I got a chance to catch ECW for the first time in a good long while.
(And since talking about wrestling is 100% easier than talking my beloved Kings...)

*Teddy Long goes to Smackdown GM....And I prey he gets fired from that position soon. Teddy Long is probably on top of my most hated (not the good 'wrestling hated') on-screen character list and if he gets a big-time part on Friday night Im done with Smackdown. Ill go to the bar instead of hanging with my wrestle friends. That one guy doen that for me. Gag.

*Jack Swagger is awesome. In a 5 minute segment his cocky, cheesy, over the top grin had me wanting someone to knock him out. Unlike Teddy, there's a 'good' bad guy.

*Miz and Morrison will be broken up in the upcoming draft...Which I sob for.

*Evan Bourne is awesome. Tyson Kidd w/Nattie has potential as well.

*Christian needs to be drafted to the show with Edge/Matt/Jeff. Enabling a Matt/Edge Vs. Jeff/Christian TLC showdown at a PPV down the road.

I was surprised Triple H kept the title this past Sunday, I really thought they were pushing Orton to a WM25 win.

I really wish Miz and Morrison would've won the unified titles, I think they are the best REAL tag team the WWE has had since the N.A. Outlaws.

Also, glad to see Batista back, I can not wait until he wins back one of the titles.

BTW, Slab - good idea starting the thread!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Huh... my tastes regarding the current product appear to be near exact opposite of SLAB. I like all the guys he hates, and am indifferent to/dislike all the guys he likes.

The biggest objection that I have to recent storylines was the way that Matt Hardy (whom I have always liked better than Jeff) ostensibly allied himself with the guy who slept with his IRL fiance in order to screw his brother over. That, and the fact that he's implying that he's responsible for some of the recent tragedies in Jeff's life that had already been factually proven months ago that he had nothing to do with, like the fire. I mean, I know that Matt's a company man, but that's the sort thing that I would have had to pull a Taker and go "I'm not feeling it."

Speaking of Taker, I don't mind the streak at all, as long as they keep it with this whole icon-versus-Taker situation: I'd hate to see a young guy with potential get stuck with that match at 26... Just keep his mistress away from the Divas title; she can't wrestle.

Speaking of the Divas, I hope that the Draft puts Gail Kim on the same brand as Beth Phoenix; the two of them have the opportunity to put on the sort of great matches that Gail was having with Kong in TNA. Better, even, as Beth can beleiveably sell more of Gail's offense.

I've read that VKM thinks that Morrison is the next Shawn Michaels, so the split of M&M v2.0 at the Draft is all but assured. That puts the tag team count in the WWE at, what... three? More to the point, WWE has dozens of guys that they're doing ****-all with, many of whom will be released within the next twelve months because "creative had nothing for them." Why not put some of them in a tag team or six?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The biggest objection that I have to recent storylines was the way that Matt Hardy (whom I have always liked better than Jeff) ostensibly allied himself with the guy who slept with his IRL fiance in order to screw his brother over. That, and the fact that he's implying that he's responsible for some of the recent tragedies in Jeff's life that had already been factually proven months ago that he had nothing to do with, like the fire. I mean, I know that Matt's a company man, but that's the sort thing that I would have had to pull a Taker and go "I'm not feeling it."
I don't get the vibe Matt is saying he's actually responsible for the fire. I thought he was just using that to say Jeff has always had that "Black Cloud" hanging over him.

Then he goes on to imply that he was responsible for the stairwell, car crash, and pyro. The black cloud went from Jeff's bad luck/stupidity (Suspension, House and Dog) to Matt Hardy being said cloud and pushing more 'bad luck' upon him.

And speaking of tag teams, I personally want to see Hawkins and Ryder get another push. If they let them be just off the wall goofs they could be the new age Edge and Christian. Which works even better, seeing as those guys were Edge's cronies for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDLKA3jplKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYXOglEZesg

Last edited:
After watching WM25 I have to say I was quite impressed with Ricky The Dragon Steamboat. The old guy still got it. Still better then half of the wrestlers in the WWE.

I didnt get to see it live, but I read he wrestled on Raw too?? Are they trying to push a comeback for him??

Btw, did anyone else see the HOF Ceremony last week? I was really hoping to see Fink's induction and was disappointed that the whole hour was for Austin and Dragon.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I didnt get to see it live, but I read he wrestled on Raw too?? Are they trying to push a comeback for him??

Btw, did anyone else see the HOF Ceremony last week? I was really hoping to see Fink's induction and was disappointed that the whole hour was for Austin and Dragon.
I got the impression RAW was a proper sendoff after a loss to Jericho. His tag partners left the ring and applauded from the top of the ramp while he posed on the ropes to a standing O.

If it were up to me, he would be the 'new' Ric Flair as the old guy who kicks butt and can mentor up and comers for the big time (Ala Flair with Batista).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Tna

Spring break still, so I managed to catch most of TNA for the first time pretty much ever.
I follow recaps but Im usually at school for TNA, so this was...A 'treat' to watch.

*Shiek Abdul Bashir has a great look about him. His ring work didn't thrill me, but in a business when a look is huge I hope he gets used appropriately. Same with Kiyoshi. I know nothing about him, but he looks awesome with his shiney red jacket/facemask thing.
Anyone who watches TNA let me know about those two.

*Suicide on the other hand looks like a complete joke, and his taunt is thuroughly offensive in every way.

*Samoa Joe...People seem to worship the wrestling ground he walks on, but I don't get it. Before "Killer" Samoa Joe you had overweight Samoan guy who wears Jobber shorts and works stiffly, and I could never follow him. I admit, maybe because I rarely watch TNA and have NEVER seen ROH, but I dont get him. Now we have Killer Samoa Joe, who is even more overweight, kills people with slingblades, tortures foreigners, kidnaps and does unmentionables to peoples wives and still gets a face reaction? I mean his moveset is decent enough, but I just don't get the guy and his praise.... And it's such a stupid name.
AND winning with a powerslam?? Way to make Booker look good.

*Although he did next to nothing in thee show, I love Kurt Angle. Come back home to WWE. Freshen up the HHH/Cena consistant title picture.

*Awesome Kong would probably be better in the men's division. Seeing a monster like that having to sell for the ditzy blondes was painful. Would "Cross The Line" also if she would move on.
I find it difficult to beleive girls can beat Beth Phoenix. How can I find a girl to beat Awesome Kong?

And for a show called Total Nonstop Action, I got way more talking and commercials that I wanted.
Not something that will make me want to change my schedule this week.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'll say this: if you've never seen Joe in ROH, you'll probably never get what people like about him. The closest thing Joe's done in TNA to the indy work that made him beloved was the program with AJ and Christopher Daniels... and that was about three years ago. Also, don't hate on the powerslam: if there's one thing that I hate more than anything else about wrestling today is how they've taken devastating moves and turned them into transition spots; the first time I saw some midcarder kick out of a DDT, I almost quit watching wrestling.

Kong is great but, come on: not even Andre was made to look unbeatable, within the framework of a match. You can't have unstoppable giants that look like they can't be beaten, or else people will lose interest. You should really watch some of her Shimmer work: Kong vs. Sara Del Rey and Kong vs. Cheerleader Melissa (aka Raesha Saeed) are two great Kong matches I can think of off the top of my head. And, for the love of God, please do not put Kong (or any other female) in the ring against a man.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Draft Predictions!
12 picks to made on the 3 hour show...Here's my guesses in no real order.

1: John Morrison to RAW...The NEW Mr. Monday Night.

2: Chris Jericho to SD!...He's done all he can since his return on RAW. Time to go heel it up on Friday night.

3: John Cena to SD!...Joins Edge on SD! so the World title remains on the same show after Backlash.

4: HHH to RAW...Moves the WWE title to the Flagship show...And HHH can be in the limelight as the face of the flagship. yay.

5: Christian to SD!...Joins Edge and the Hardys for some insane action down the road.

6: JR to RAW...Where he should be.

7: Cole to SD!...But who will his partner be?! Probably Grisham in a move that just happens. I can't see three picks going to announcers.

8: Kelly Kelly to SD!...Since she can't wrestle, and WWE doesn't do playboy anymore stick her in the blonde diva division.

9: Cryme Tyme to ECW...Because WWE doesn't care about tag teams.

10: R-Truth to ECW...WWE is said to be down on his 'ring basics.' Straighten them out on the C-show.

11: THE Brian Kendrick to ECW...Apparently been busted for pot 10+ times. Stick him on the C-Show where he can have good matches with the likes of DJ Gabriel, Evan Bourne, and Jack Swagger.

12: Santino to SD!...Hilarity ensues as Santina and Santino are split up to seperate shows.

Supplimental Draft...
Dolph Ziggler to ECW.
Ezekial Jackson to ECW.
Todd Grisham to SD!
Candace to ECW.
Charlie Haas to SD!
DH Smith to RAW. (Legacy?)

*Unlike last year, I think the draft will completly revitalize ECW, instead of the pilagment from last year.
*John Morrison begins his singles career as the new Mr. Monday Night and will be the breakout star of the year. He is a special talent.
*Edge/Matt Hardy Vs. Christian/Jeff Hardy will be insane if/when it happens.
*Cryme Tyme, The Colons, Priceless, and Hawkins and Ryder. There's the tag team division.

Draft Predictions!
12 picks to made on the 3 hour show...Here's my guesses in no real order.

1: John Morrison to RAW...The NEW Mr. Monday Night.

2: Chris Jericho to SD!...He's done all he can since his return on RAW. Time to go heel it up on Friday night.

5: Christian to SD!...Joins Edge and the Hardys for some insane action down the road.

6: JR to RAW...Where he should be.

7: Cole to SD!...But who will his partner be?! Probably Grisham in a move that just happens. I can't see three picks going to announcers.

8: Kelly Kelly to SD!...Since she can't wrestle, and WWE doesn't do playboy anymore stick her in the blonde diva division.

12: Santino to SD!...Hilarity ensues as Santina and Santino are split up to seperate shows.

Supplimental Draft...
DH Smith to RAW. (Legacy?)
I agree with you on 1, 2, 5 and 8. And I hope you are right on 6, 7, 12 and DH.

JR on Smackdown! is an absolute joke as is Santino.. well period.

A couple more I would love to see are:

Undertaker back on RAW. This is the better show and he is a waste on Smackdown...

Vladimir Kozlov on ECW full time.. I would love to see him dominate that brand.

A push for Kofi Kingston, rather on RAW or SM wherever he ends up.

I was very very shocked that Cena didn't go to SM, especially after Game came to RAW. What are they trying to do on Friday's now? I mean RAW has HHH, HBK, Cena, Batista and Orton.

SM has Taker, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Y2J.. but no major title.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think it's almost obvious with Cena staying on RAW.

After Cena/Edge Last Man Standing CM Punk (SD!'s money in the bank winner) cashes in to bring the world title back to SD! OR they could SWERVE and have Punk steal the WWE title from Orton or HHH.
Either way, come Backlash, Punk has to walk out a champ.

That way you have...

RAW: HHH, Cena, Orton, Batista, Big Show, Matt Hardy
SD!: Punk, Y2J, Edge, Taker, Jeff Hardy.

Anyways...the draft was awful.

Why switch the Woman/Diva titles? I mean, Ill like seeing Phoenix/Maryse but it was a waste of two picks.
Same goes for US Title/IC Title. Totally unneeded.

Matt Hardy goes to RAW with all the momentum in the world...Comes out, mocks John Cena, then gets BERRIED by HHH being picked and coming out to his alternate song.
Matt, despite this awesome heel push, is now shoved directly back to midcard woes. Can anyone see The Game or Batista put Matt Hardy over?
And how the heck do you break the Hardy's to different shows when they're still feuding?

Morrison stays on ECW while Miz goes to RAW?
Welcome to jobber-ville, Mizzy. And why did he Reality Check Morrison?
Im glad Morrison didn't go to RAW though. RAW is to stacked with egotistical vet's and WWE faves to let an up and comer shine shine.
I really hope to eat my words, but I can't see the title straying to far from Game/Animal/Orton/Cena until the next draft.

SD! is by far the show to watch now.
And I really hope Matt Hardy makes his way over their again somehow through a trade.

And, I leave you with this.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really don't like filling the thread with my own responses, but w/e...I can't help it much.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/102094/411s-Complete-WWE-Supplemental-Draft-Report.htm

After the supplemental draft.

1: Morrison to SD!
---Awesome win in every way!!! Morrison is going to be a star on SD! and I think he will instantly be boosted into a title scene with the likes of Punk, Jericho, Hardy, and Edge.
The title picture on SD! is suddenly looking awesome in every way.

2: THE Brian Kendrick (Probably my favorite wrestler today) gets drafted to RAW AFTER Zeke Jackson goes to ECW.
---THE Brian Kendrick and THE Miz as 1000% egotistical jerk tag-team champions...Really it's the ONLY way those two talented stars don't get squashed by the likes of HHH, Cena, and Batista...Especially as The Colons got drafted to RAW!
I prey they make a tag team!

3: They broke up HAWKINS and RYDER! How do you break up HAWKINS and RYDER!
For the last time. (Before the Future Endeavors)
WOO WOO WOO!

4: DH Smith goes to ECW where I assume he teams with Tyson Kidd/Nattie to make the New Age Hart Foundation.
---I still wish DH would be in Lagacy...It just works too well!...Especially when 'Priceless' have been booked as such jokes.

5: HI! Im Dolph Ziggler!
---Drafted to SD! And I hope he has a future in the midcard. I love him for some reason I can't explain!

Well you got your Morrison wish and yes I do agree that the SD title race is looking much much more fresh and new than RAWs which is just worn out.

I do hope Taker is involved in the mix with Edge, Y2J, Hardy, Morrison and Punk though.

I'd also love to see Christian on SD as well.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just picked up an ROH (Stars of Honor) DVD on sale earlier today and am popping it in to watch right now.

I know ROH is highly regarded by fans, yet I have never seen anything from their work EVER.

Looking forward to what this DVD contains!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I hate relying to myself again and again...But, I have thoughts that must be put out! :p

First, I thought the ROH Punk/Samoa Joe match was okay...Nothing special...Definitely not bad by any stretch at all...But not as thrilled as I hoped.
And why did Ricky Steamboat save Joe? And the redone commentary reminded me of local backyard turned semi-"pro" Sacto-local Total Wrestling Federation commentary.
I still look forward to the rest of the DVD, but my hopes of finding a new fed to closely follow hasnt been done any favors.

I was out DD'ing tonight, so I didn't see SD!...But from the recap.
Matt Hardy Vs. Jeff Hardy in an I Quit Match...
There is no way Jeff leaves the feud without a win...And unfortunately this win will happen shortly after Matt has been drafted to RAW... Losing a Ladder or Exteme Rules or TLC match would hurt, but not as bed as Matt Hardy saying "I QUIT" to his brother. This loss will kill ANY momentum Matt HArdy has going into RAW.
I really reallllllly hope Matt wins. Jeff is a freakin rockstar and he will be perenially over no matter what they do to him.
I really want Matt to finish this push into superstardom with an unexpected win. Jeff is already there and he will stay there barring strike three. Jeff needs to give his brother the same. This win for Matt would make the fans beleive he can be a superstar...
"IF JEFF CAN BEAT HHH, AND MATT CAN BEAT JEFF, THEN MATT CAN BEAT HHH@@1!!2"
Ill just say I expected Jeff to win rounds one and two. I hope the pattern stays the same.

Oh yes.
His name is DOLPH ZIGGLER!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'm curious to find out how they're going to deal with the cluster**** of musical championships they've got going on.

And yeah, I'll say this: the amateurish announcers, combined with the marks-for-themselves live crowd, are actually the two major negatives that ROH has going against it. Those two factors can actually make a decent match seem ****ty.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I "love" the way that they put the unconscious Angelina Love over for the Knockouts title. And, by "love," I mean, that was really ****ing stupid; is TNA really so inflexible that they couldn't have improvised a better finish than that? Wilde had to practically drag Love on top of her and then pin herself in order to give Love the win.

But that just brings to mind the grievance that I have with multi-man matches in general, whether it be a triple-threat, four-way, or whatever; especially in title matches, as it just seems like a blatantly contrived way of getting the belt off the champion without them having to actually get pinned.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I "love" the way that they put the unconscious Angelina Love over for the Knockouts title. And, by "love," I mean, that was really ****ing stupid; is TNA really so inflexible that they couldn't have improvised a better finish than that? Wilde had to practically drag Love on top of her and then pin herself in order to give Love the win.

But that just brings to mind the grievance that I have with multi-man matches in general, whether it be a triple-threat, four-way, or whatever; especially in title matches, as it just seems like a blatantly contrived way of getting the belt off the champion without them having to actually get pinned.
Poor Angelina was out cold...Watching her in a sleeper with a smile and "WTF is going on" look in her eyes was painful.
That finish was awful...But random concussions will do that to you in the wrestling business.
By the limited TNA Ive seen I like the Beautiful People and will take the crappy ending and be okay with it.

On that note, Maryse and Angelina Love look identical to each other. While watching replays of Lockdown I said aloud to myself "My lord, Angelina is Maryse!"

And sue me.
I love Dolph Ziggler.
He won't win the US Title in Madison Square Garden next Friday, but I hope a high quality match boosts him into the IC Title hunt on SD! for the forseeable future.

Speaking of tag teams, here's one of me with Greg "the Hammer" Valentine and the Honky Tonk Man aka "Rhythm and Blues."

As you can tell one of them is a happy drunk or doing their best imitation of Hacksaw Jim Duggan. :D

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Backlash was awesome.

EDGE is your new world champ!
Cena hopefully to the sideline after a chokeslam through a '7000 watt spotlight' (according to King.)

Randy Orton PUNTS HHH to the sideline for a mandatory 3 months!~!!!! That is pure GOLD~
I am going to love RAW minus 3H! Ive been tired of him since he beat Jericho for the Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania some 6 years ago.

Although I love Swagger it's nice to see Christian get some gold. I think this ECW Title run will be Matt Hardy V.2 where Christian looks great for awhile, then will lose the belt (back to) Swagger in a few months and move to RAW/SD!

Matt Hardy has gone from bona-fide badarse to crying little girl with his loss to Jeffykins at Backlash...I really want Matt to succeed on RAW...But I think despite his push recently he will be a jobber to the stars.
At this point I think THE FREAKING MIZ is going to have a better year than Matt Hardy,
And I prey Im wrong.

THE Brian Kendrick and Dolph Ziggler for US/IC champs by the end of the year.
I love them both.