The Wrestling Thread~

Strowman is the only real shock for me. If you told me 3-4 weeks ago Black was gone I wouldn't have blinked. Though they did start the new vignettes for him where he was ripping off the cult leader character from Far Cry 5 so I was interested where that would go.

I still can't believe that they blew it so bad with Black, but they have done that with so many guys. Wouldn't be shocked if Keith Lee and Dijakovic are next.

But yes, I have heard rumors that a sale is closer than ever. (also not sure I buy it, but the Peacock deal makes me wonder if that was just a precursor). If so, the real harm there is all the historical footage getting binned.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Today’s about the least hyped I’ve ever been about a Takeover. Probably because I’ve only watched two NXTs since Kross won the title. Dude’s the dirt worst.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah, that went about as expected.

The six man multi-title match was fun. I don’t like MSK. Neither does the live audience. They should be cocky jerk heels. They also remind me of a couple of Bros who play Call of Duty all night eating Doritos and MTN Dew. Super talented, but just come off as annoying.

I didn’t expect anything out of the ladder match, but those guys beat themselves to hell for NXT’s third singles undercard title. Seems like overkill for titles.

I’m souring super fast on my girl Raquel. She remains one of the most improved wrestlers I’ve seen. Unfortunately her character has stagnated HARD, and it’s tough to get invested.

Kross is terrible. The audience died whenever he was on the offensive. And they died again when he won. The main event is a disaster right now. And they totally missed their chance with KOR.

One of the weakest Takeovers ever.

Todd Pettengill didn't make the whole night for you? :D

I liked the ladder match. Some people rated this a lot higher, I don't think I was as down as SLAB but it seemed thrown together. Like, if someone loved IYH ppvs from back in the day and wanted to celebrate the brand I think they failed. If they wanted to do a true throwback to a C-level PPV barely better than a weekly show, they ******* nailed it.

WWE has resigned Samoa Joe. Righted that wrong. Now do the same for Aliester Black.
The rumor/speculation at the time was Joe could not get cleared to work a WWE match but still desired to be an in-ring talent, so whatever happiness the re-signing brings me will hinge on his ability to get off commentary.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Quick thoughts-

Having a crowd back is fun.

Kofi getting utterly decimated by Lashley was just fantastic.

Not thrilled with Cena being back.

Big E is a “Wait and See” for me. There’s a happy medium between New Day obnoxious and the SRS stone faced dude he used to be.

Seth and Edge is something I’ve been waiting for since Edge got cleared.

I can’t wait until Becky returns and vanquishes Charlotte again.

What a mess that whole Rhea/Charlotte feud was.

WWE rarely gets something exactly right. They’re there right now with Omos. Dude’s obviously limited (but not as much as I was led to believe by the onlines) but they’re booking him to perfection. I love him and AJ. A legit highlight of the show.

My kiddo thought I write for WWE when I said that Seth was going to attack Edge and Cena would come back. It was sooo obvious. I like Edge and Rollins, don't care about Cena/Reigns. Whatever, they are making SS their Mania this year.

Do not like Charlotte winning but whatever. Really thought Ripley would punch the ref to get DQ'd.

I don't know why we needed Kofi to get so badly thrashed but I guess we're gonna get Brock/Lashley so gotta make him a monster.

Happy for Nikki. Genuinely. I don't know what the endgame with her winning the title would be except feeding her to Alexa?

Peacock was awful tonight. WTF. How can they be worse than the network? It's still impossible to find stuff you want and now they glitched for like 15 mins into the men's MITB match? Even Iron Sheik got in on blasting them on twitter.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think Nikki’s just going to lose to Charlotte in the lead up to Becky’s return. Charlotte shrieking about how she’s the best beats everyone and even beats superheroes, when Becky’s music hits and the place goes wild.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm annoyed that they gave Charlotte another title reign, just so that she could play Stan Stasiak.

Also, there seems to be some quantity of people online (I don't know if there's a lot of them, but they're loud) who hate Nattie, for having the audacity to not retire, and I have questions. First of all, how dare they?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I dislike Nattie because she’s been painfully mediocre and stale for about a decade. Same goes for the entire wrasslin’ board I post on. There’s few people that get as unanimous a reaction as her.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah, but you don't like Kofi, so I have to take your definition of "mediocre" with a whole bottle of salt.

A whole message board full of people who consume wrasslin' the same way @SLAB does... :: shivers ::
I’ve never once called Kofi mediocre. I’ve said I don’t like or buy into him as a main eventer. It just doesn’t register with me at all. And there’s like three other people with me on the Kofi take. I’m in the vast minority on it, but I’m never backing off.

Last edited:
I don't like Nattie but its not personal. She is a good hand, better worker than some of the models WWE pushes, but also does nothing to maintain my interest. The problem is that I am apathetic, which is the absolute WORST thing a wrestler can be.

I don't like Charlotte, but a lot of it is because she is good at her character and making me hate her. I also hate her booking which I think is largely undeserved (like for whatever reason they predetermined that it would be her who beat her dad's sacred record instead of letting it happen if it happened).

I thought Kofi did well. I think Big E makes more sense as a credible long term champ, so we'll see how that goes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I’ve never once called Kofi mediocre. I’ve said I don’t like or buy into him as a main eventer. It just doesn’t register with me at all. And there’s like three other people with me on the Kofi take. I’m in the vast majority on it, but I’m never backing off.
I never said that you said that Kofi was mediocre. I said that you don't like Kofi, and that's the reason why I call your taste in wrasslin into question. Like, from my point of view, if you don't buy Kofi as a main eventer, then why should I take your word on what a mediocre wrestler looks like?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I don't like Nattie but its not personal. She is a good hand, better worker than some of the models WWE pushes, but also does nothing to maintain my interest. The problem is that I am apathetic, which is the absolute WORST thing a wrestler can be.
This, word for word, is how I would describe how I feel about Charlotte.

I'm always going to have a soft spot in my heart for Nattie. Mostly it's because I went through a change around the time of the Rated-R Superstar (ironically, SLAB's favorite) era, when I decided that I liked women's wrestling, more than men's. This was around the time that I discovered SHIMMER and, coincidentally, it's also around the time when Nattie was doing some really great stuff, in-ring wise. I have a great deal of admiration for the fact that she was one of the few to bridge the gap from the Divas era to the Revolution era of women's wrestling in WWE, in part because she was about the only one who was trusted to get the Divas up to the point of not being absolute liabilities in the ring, back in the days before the Performance Center. Any watchable Divas match from the second half of the Divas era (say, from '07 until the end), Nattie probably had a hand in it, even if she wasn't booked in the match. She does a good job with the stuff that she's given, booking-wise, she never has bad matches, and she's pretty unproblematic, all the way around. She's not a "face of the division"-level star, but she was never pushed to be that, not even when she was champion, so I don't know why anyone would hold that against her. I think it's utterly unfair to describe Nattie as mediocre: I would say that she has a higher floor than anyone in the women's division, while also having perhaps a lower ceiling than the all-time greats. You know who's mediocre, in the women's division? Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose. It's an insult to Nattie to put her on the same level as the two of them.

I've also got a soft spot for Nattie, because the OG Hart Foundation was my favorite tag team of all time, and seeing the Anvil's little girl living her best life makes me smile.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I never said that you said that Kofi was mediocre. I said that you don't like Kofi, and that's the reason why I call your taste in wrasslin into question. Like, from my point of view, if you don't buy Kofi as a main eventer, then why should I take your word on what a mediocre wrestler looks like?
man, you’re really going to go snobby wrasslin’ fan on me? “You don’t like my guy so all your opinions are invalid.”

It’s wrestling. This is some extremely subjective stuff.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Apparently AEW is in talks with
CM PUNK

Now is that enough to make me get over my stubborn irrational dislike of CODY and the rest of The Elite crew? I’m not sure. We’ll cross that bridge when/if it actually happens.

I actually watched RAW so I could see Nikki cash in.
The one thing I wanted to see less than Lashley - Brock was Lashley - Goldberg.

Does Goldberg really even carry weight with the casuals these days? After his match with Undertaker?