The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
NXT has themselves a new Star with Karrion Kross. What a first impression. That entrance is right up there with The Fiends’ debut.
After a few months I’m completely off the bandwagon. Guy comes off as so cheesy and try-hard. Scarlett is money though. She comes off as sinister without trying.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Hot take alert: I hope that WWE never pulls the trigger on the Sasha/Bayley feud. I hope that they just keep ratcheting up the tension, again and again. And then, every time it looks like they're going to come to blows, one of them wins another title, and they go back to laughing at us. In fact, I want WWE to create more women's championships, just so Sasha and Bayley can win those, too. Let them go full Ultimo Dragon.

I hope that they ride this out all the way into retirement. And then, at their Hall of Fame induction, they're like, "I can't believe that you dopes ever thought that we were actually going to fight each other!"

slightly less spicey take: I would not be disappointed if they continuously teased the breakup but never gave it. Just ride it out until they split brands or have some non kayfabe reason to separate and move on.

Why not? Does anyone really want to see them feud? Is there some kind of confirmation bias in wrestling fans that when they foreshadow a big turn miles away and then it happens that everyone secretly thinks they are the only genius that called it?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bayley has been one of my favorite things on WWE TV since WrestleMania. Her troll heel act is so much better than her mopey heel she was right after the turn. Everything clicked when she started screaming at everyone when she won at Mania. And Banks has been looking like her NXT self lately, which is nice. There was a point I though she was the best horsewoman in-ring and she’s showing she still has it in her. I’m loving them and don’t want a breakup any time soon.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
On the wrestling board I post at, they're doing a Top 50 Singles WWF Wrestlers from the 90's, and I can't stop laughing at this line from Goldust's write-up:

... Runnels stated that Vince McMahon called him and offered him the gimmick and mentioned "androgynous" several times; Runnels, wanting a separate identity from his father at the time, promptly accepted without knowing what the word "androgynous" meant...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Raw was a total disaster tonight. But I’ll take trainwreck TV over the mundane borningness that usually gets presented.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Truly didn’t expect Adam Cole’s post-title feud to be with Pat McAfee. As strange as it seems, I kind of love it. Their interactions over the past couple of years have always been fun.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
HHH and NXT as a whole are losing a whole lot of my goodwill with the continued usage and push of velveteen dream. I cannot understand why this is a hill they’re willing to die on.

The wildest thing about wrestling in 2020 may be how Impact has quietly become the promotion that everybody thought AEW was going to be, a year ago.
I have access again and have watched sporadically. I've enjoyed what I have seen.
HHH and NXT as a whole are losing a whole lot of my goodwill with the continued usage and push of velveteen dream. I cannot understand why this is a hill they’re willing to die on.
Given how quick they are to cut bait for any type of sex scandal, they must a) have VD's full cooperation on their investigation and b) believe it has no credibility? I have not followed the story extensively.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Haven't watched last night's Smackdown, yet, but I just heard that the "Hair versus Hair" match between Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville at Summerslam has been changed to a "Loser Leaves WWE" match. I'm guessing that Sonya went to management and asked for some time away, after the **** that's happened recently.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Spoilered just in case y’all havent watched Takeover yet.

Kross is awful. And they did Keith Lee dirty with his double champ run. Just gave away one title then lost the other one in the most flat Takeover title match in possible ever. I expect more from NXT.

Still haven't watched Takeover but I did watch Summerslam. Didn't hate it but my kiddo did, which is far more damning.

Thunder Rosa coming to AEW has me excited but makes me wonder if NWA is permanently dead.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
A heel turn 6 (?) years in the making. This will make Roman an actual face down the line, and not the shoehorned unaccepted ones he’s been since The Shield broke up.

Funny enough, if fans were still around he’d get the most consistent face pops of his career now just because it’s something new for his character. Actually excited to see how this plays out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Oh they did it?!? Wow. I figured they'd were putting him in the tweener space. I'll have to see if SD shows up on Hulu before Payback.
Heavily implied with the dirtsheets saying he’s the top heel going forward. He was only on screen for a few seconds at the end.

With his new manager PAUL HEYMAN!

I did manage to watch last night. I haven't watched Raw in a long time so I'm just now seeing the main roster Keith Lee. I know he says "he'll handle it" but sheeesh.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It was so deflating for Roman to come out and be the exact same Roman in presentation. Same music. Same graphics. Same gear.

They could have pulled the trigger and made him completely different, instead he’s just the same tired Shield Tribute act, only a heel now. I really hope there’s something in the works for the near future.

It was unfortunate there wasn't a more drastic character tweak. Why didn't he just start bashing everyone with chairs the minute he showed up? If he's going to destroy everything that would have made more sense. If he's going to beat Braun and the Fiend he needs to be the monster that was presumably promised.

Also it's kinda dumb to promise us an unstoppable force and then immediately put the belt on them because then everyone gets irritated. oh well.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m clinging to hope it just takes a minute to find his true heel character. Seth slummed it up in Shield gear for a minute before he got his tights and new music... hopefully the same for Roman. This heel turn won’t be nearly as exciting if he’s still just That Shield Dude.