The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
NXT has themselves a new Star with Karrion Kross. What a first impression. That entrance is right up there with The Fiends’ debut.
After a few months I’m completely off the bandwagon. Guy comes off as so cheesy and try-hard. Scarlett is money though. She comes off as sinister without trying.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Hot take alert: I hope that WWE never pulls the trigger on the Sasha/Bayley feud. I hope that they just keep ratcheting up the tension, again and again. And then, every time it looks like they're going to come to blows, one of them wins another title, and they go back to laughing at us. In fact, I want WWE to create more women's championships, just so Sasha and Bayley can win those, too. Let them go full Ultimo Dragon.

I hope that they ride this out all the way into retirement. And then, at their Hall of Fame induction, they're like, "I can't believe that you dopes ever thought that we were actually going to fight each other!"

slightly less spicey take: I would not be disappointed if they continuously teased the breakup but never gave it. Just ride it out until they split brands or have some non kayfabe reason to separate and move on.

Why not? Does anyone really want to see them feud? Is there some kind of confirmation bias in wrestling fans that when they foreshadow a big turn miles away and then it happens that everyone secretly thinks they are the only genius that called it?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bayley has been one of my favorite things on WWE TV since WrestleMania. Her troll heel act is so much better than her mopey heel she was right after the turn. Everything clicked when she started screaming at everyone when she won at Mania. And Banks has been looking like her NXT self lately, which is nice. There was a point I though she was the best horsewoman in-ring and she’s showing she still has it in her. I’m loving them and don’t want a breakup any time soon.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
On the wrestling board I post at, they're doing a Top 50 Singles WWF Wrestlers from the 90's, and I can't stop laughing at this line from Goldust's write-up:

... Runnels stated that Vince McMahon called him and offered him the gimmick and mentioned "androgynous" several times; Runnels, wanting a separate identity from his father at the time, promptly accepted without knowing what the word "androgynous" meant...