The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I did not expect that Gunther promo. And by the looks of his eyes, neither did Damien. I don’t think he’s a good enough actor to pull those teary eyes following those comments from King G.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I sincerely hope Heenan is smiling down from heaven knowing in his 50 year crusade against you know who he was proven to be the good guy once again.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

probably not HHH’s fault that the dude Bobby was supposed to wrestle at Mania caught COVID like a week before it and died so they just gave him the Battle Royale win as a consolation. Plus Lashley was sneakily like the oldest guy on the active roster. It is HHH‘s fault that he wound up in a faction with the Street Prophets and in a feud with Karrion Kross for like three months in a row though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... It is HHH‘s fault that he wound up in a faction with the Street Prophets and in a feud with Karrion Kross for like three months in a row though.
A feud that he inexplicably lost, even though Kross is an absolute heat sink with negative charisma, who couldn't even get X-Pac heat, and can't wrestle his way out of a paper bag.

I have been watching Maven's youtube channel a lot, and the guy has a wonderful speaking voice, and should at least be a co-commentator. I like him better than Booker-T even though he has a spot on Macho Man impersonation. Maven has one of those voices that you don't let go to pot, and the WWE would be stupid not to at least try him out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Windham Lawrence Rotunda is somewhere up there smiling at Taylor Michael Rotunda.
Every single week I get chills. The way he hit Sister Abigail, the pop for the initial grab then the move, Gable’s sell, the pose after.

I had high hopes for this because you knew how much this meant to Taylor behind the screen, and he’s blowing away even my high expectations.

Every single week I get chills. The way he hit Sister Abigail, the pop for the initial grab then the move, Gable’s sell, the pose after.

I had high hopes for this because you knew how much this meant to Taylor behind the screen, and he’s blowing away even my high expectations.
The pop for Sister Abigail was something most of the others on the roster will never get to experience in their professional wrestling careers, at any level.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I haven't super followed it, I liked this idea that it's all about love and they were targeting people that were bad partners/bad friends. Gable seems to have been the worst offender and has been singled out since the first attack. But I don't know, these stories have a very short shelf life for me. I loved the undertaker for 2-3 years and then spent the next 20 wishing him off screen.

I'm hopeful it will turn into a cool mode for the 2K games though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I haven't super followed it, I liked this idea that it's all about love and they were targeting people that were bad partners/bad friends. Gable seems to have been the worst offender and has been singled out since the first attack. But I don't know, these stories have a very short shelf life for me.
I mean, if it were a comic book or a graphic novel, I'd probably really like it. But, as far as wrasslin' goes, it's not for me, Clive. And it's nothing personal against Bo, or anyone else involved. But I'm a workrate mark, almost to the point of being a workrate snob: I don't really care about none of this stuff, if you can't go when the bell rings. If this doesn't pay off with some great matches, it's going to be sunk cost, to me.

:: sighs ::

So much for diplomacy.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I like a good story in the ring, workrate is a small part of that. A good 80s/90s workrate is to my taste, the modern spotfest is a bit over the top.

Not saying the Wyatt stuff is either. Like I said, at this point I'm not following it closely. I just hope it tells its story without dragging out forever.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean, I know why they were a heel faction for the last three years but Iyo and Kairi have always worked better as faces going back to their Japan days and Kota cried on a stream about not getting opportunities which is solid face stuff so I’m glad it seems like a face turn is finally where they’re going.

Last edited: