The Wrestling Thread~

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I love how stupid NXT is. The Schism / Chase U segment right after Gigi’s super emotional promo was peak NXT pacing.

Really interested in what HBK’s gonna do with Waller. Is he gonna re-do his “final” match to something acceptable and not the Saudi nonsense? Is he going to bring in a new ace
Dragon Lee?
to put Waller in line?

Should be a fun show on Tuesday.
NXT debuting him like that would be the only proof I’d need that HHH is still in charge.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
HBK brought in
Johnny Gargano
to face Waller, which honestly is even stronger proof that HHH is still in charge or, conversely, Vince trying to force him back to NXT. I haven’t decided which yet lol.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't like the optics of that finish last night. I get the story they were telling, but I think that it's too recent to what happened to that football player in real life to book that story. It was in poor taste, in my opinion.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
HBK brought in
Johnny Gargano
to face Waller, which honestly is even stronger proof that HHH is still in charge or, conversely, Vince trying to force him back to NXT. I haven’t decided which yet lol.
Man, I didn’t truly think it would happen, but I allowed myself to get worked into thinking I was seeing HBK’s non-Saudi final match in person as the segment went on, and got so hyped that even a Johnny Gargano Takeover match fell flat to me.

and man… what a rough return this has been for ol’ Gargano. Hopefully an(other) NXT run can get him ready for a better redebut. Both he and Candice have been spinning their wheels since they showed back up. Just reunite The Entire Way.

Man, I didn’t truly think it would happen, but I allowed myself to get worked into thinking I was seeing HBK’s non-Saudi final match in person as the segment went on, and got so hyped that even a Johnny Gargano Takeover match fell flat to me.

and man… what a rough return this has been for ol’ Gargano. Hopefully an(other) NXT run can get him ready for a better redebut. Both he and Candice have been spinning their wheels since they showed back up. Just reunite The Entire Way.
They need to turn Candice heel. Heel Candice was PHENOMENAL in NXT.

I don't like the optics of that finish last night. I get the story they were telling, but I think that it's too recent to what happened to that football player in real life to book that story. It was in poor taste, in my opinion.
Personally, I thought it was fine. But I can see where one would feel uncomfortable with it given the recent event(s) that you referred to in your post.

I finally got around to watching last week's NXT. Didn't like the finish, also it was obviously a work because you get workers in there. Michaels was placing an oxygen mask on her ffs. So what's the point? If you wanna do that story, cut it to black. Have Roxy lay in the ring for 3 hours until the whole crowd goes home. But maybe also don't do that story? Also don't have your champ win via roll up after getting her ass handed to her. Especially then do that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I finally got around to watching last week's NXT. Didn't like the finish, also it was obviously a work because you get workers in there.
Rule of thumb: if it makes it to the broadcast, it's a work.

If you wanna do that story, cut it to black. Have Roxy lay in the ring for 3 hours until the whole crowd goes home.
Nah, that actually would have made it even more obvious. If they were insistent on running that angle, the smart play would have been to do what they did, but for the live crowd only; they should have cut to black the second Roxanne collapsed, and not acknowledged it otherwise, except to say that she was gonna be okay. No replays, no social media exclusives, nothing but a written statement, like, a couple hours after the show.

Rule of thumb: if it makes it to the broadcast, it's a work.

Nah, that actually would have made it even more obvious. If they were insistent on running that angle, the smart play would have been to do what they did, but for the live crowd only; they should have cut to black the second Roxanne collapsed, and not acknowledged it otherwise, except to say that she was gonna be okay. No replays, no social media exclusives, nothing but a written statement, like, a couple hours after the show.
I think we're on the same page which was to keep it off tv?

I just don't think that they would have gotten her out of the ring so fast if it was an emergency. Maybe 3 hours was an exaggeration, my main thing was they had way too many on screen talents in the business of getting her out and it all wrapped up clean for tv time. Clear the ring area of everyone but medical personnel and go dark. Hell make it so there was another scheduled match and they cancel it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I think we're on the same page which was to keep it off tv?

I just don't think that they would have gotten her out of the ring so fast if it was an emergency. Maybe 3 hours was an exaggeration, my main thing was they had way too many on screen talents in the business of getting her out and it all wrapped up clean for tv time.
Lol, they would have gotten her out of the ring faster if it was legit. Unless they had reason to believe that it was a spinal injury, which it obviously wasn't.

Lol, they would have gotten her out of the ring faster if it was legit. Unless they had reason to believe that it was a spinal injury, which it obviously wasn't.
honestly I've never been morbidly curious enough to watch the heart attacks on field, I thought they bring out the AED and administer CPR immediately on the spot. instead they put her on a gurney and slow rolled it out for the cameras.

I haven't been paying super close attention to AEW but saw they threw Ruby Soho in with Toni Storm and Saraya. And they looked like they were in Pearl Jam together. WTF. I know I watch more AEW than most of y'all but anyone got a timeline on the hows and whys of this faction.

I hate it, btw. Hate everything about the former Paige since about the time the Horse Women came in and showed they were another level.

I haven't been paying super close attention to AEW but saw they threw Ruby Soho in with Toni Storm and Saraya. And they looked like they were in Pearl Jam together. WTF. I know I watch more AEW than most of y'all but anyone got a timeline on the hows and whys of this faction.

I hate it, btw. Hate everything about the former Paige since about the time the Horse Women came in and showed they were another level.
Perhaps to jump start a storyline in which we see AEW Originals Vs Non-AEW Originals (i.e. nWo Vs WCW)....Just guessing here, though, but that ONLY makes the most sense to me.

Perhaps to jump start a storyline in which we see AEW Originals Vs Non-AEW Originals (i.e. nWo Vs WCW)....Just guessing here, though, but that ONLY makes the most sense to me.
Well they are playing like they are the originals, which I guess is the unique angle to this invasion angle. Except for the most part all failed to reach a fraction of their potential in WWF. Paige with injuries and personal stuff, Ruby I guess is too nichey to get over (hell, I'm our resident punk rocker and she's only about 2/3rds of the way there with me), and Toni looks like the total package but always winds up "meh". Putting them together feels just like admitting they're lost and have no creative direction to me. And at least Toni and Ruby are probably better as babyfaces, but I guess heel Hayter and BBDMD are fan faves so they just do a double turn without an angle to turn them? (or maybe I missed that).

Well they are playing like they are the originals, which I guess is the unique angle to this invasion angle. Except for the most part all failed to reach a fraction of their potential in WWF. Paige with injuries and personal stuff, Ruby I guess is too nichey to get over (hell, I'm our resident punk rocker and she's only about 2/3rds of the way there with me), and Toni looks like the total package but always winds up "meh". Putting them together feels just like admitting they're lost and have no creative direction to me. And at least Toni and Ruby are probably better as babyfaces, but I guess heel Hayter and BBDMD are fan faves so they just do a double turn without an angle to turn them? (or maybe I missed that).
Something like that...Also, I very much so believe that AEW needs to make BBDMD the face of their women's division. I'm surprised that they haven't given her a more serious run with the belt. Her first run was pretty "meh" to me. She needs to be pushed hard; She truly is that damn good.

Although, I will admit...I like her much better as a heel than I do as a face.

EDIT: I guess her first reign as champion was 290 days, which DOES classify it as a "serious run"...

Britt's grown a lot from when AEW started. Her run was deserved based on that but Hayter's better (imho) and I think Britt will turn on her at some point and all that is fine, but there's better women to make the face of the division. Hell they've got an Ultimate Warrior with the intercontinental belt thing going on right now with Jade as well.

Biggest problem is I just don't think Tony is great at booking women. It's a tough job. Even with a great roster like WWE has had they often fail to get things way wrong (plus the forced push to get Charlotte to her dad's record).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
If you wanted to play around with the "four pillars" thing they seem to be doing with the men, the pillars of the AEW Women's division should be Nyla, Shida, Britt and Statlander, in that order, but the face of the AEW women's division should be Jade Cargill. Like I don't understand why that should even be an argument but, instead it's like they've got Jade off in her own separate reality, like when Supergirl was all alone on Earth-38, in the DCCW-verse. She's just off doing her own thing, and every now and then they send someone from Earth-1 over for a cameo, and then they go back, and nobody even acknowledges that they were ever over there.