The Wrestling Thread~

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
it was about what I expected. Honestly Sami still looks strong, Bloodline angle further advanced. It wasn't just a cheap count out or DQ, which I guess they already did that in the Lesnar match (why?).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I do not expect this to be a popular take around here, but I am gonna throw it out there regardless...

I did not like the end of RAW last night.
Man… I know Lita was never the best worker, but she had a solid singles match against Becky last time. To go from that, to whatever happened last night, just yikes. I get going for the nostalgia pop, but Lita was just so bad and slow last night I couldn’t get into it.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I didn't have any clue what you two are talking about. Why would they do that? Lita was at least partially over because she was hot as hell and showed off her whale tail and last night it looked like she was wearing a diaper so she could safely pull off her moonsault.

good lord.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't oppose it because I thought that the match was bad, I oppose it because I thought that the booking was bad. They swerved the audience by teasing a Trish appearance last week, in Ontario, only to have her (allegedly) decline due to creative differences, and then brought her out this week, in Grand Rapids? It seems like they may be building to Becky/Lita versus Ronda/Shayna at Mania and, if that's the goal, then they would have been better off with Becky/Trish. Trish may well also be slower, but her being slower doesn't impair her ability to work in the way it does Lita, because she always had a more ground-based style, and she retired without sustaining any major injuries, so she'd be in a much better position to take bumps than Lita is. And you can't have a forty-eight year-old woman with a bad neck and a bad knee out here doing moonsaults and s***, unless her name is Manami Toyota. Hell, Lita was lowkey sloppy as **** in her prime.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Baffled that this guy chose to go at Johnny Gargano, who is (a) by pretty much every standard one of the nicest guys in the business and (b)one of the most chronically online wrestlers. I especially wouldn't do this if I were a guy who got kicked out of multiple independent wrestling promotions for, uh, making inappropriate passes at female wrestlers.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

Baffled that this guy chose to go at Johnny Gargano, who is (a) by pretty much every standard one of the nicest guys in the business and (b)one of the most chronically online wrestlers. I especially wouldn't do this if I were a guy who got kicked out of multiple independent wrestling promotions for, uh, making inappropriate passes at female wrestlers.
1677646128488.png
Interesting twitter bio on this guy.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
In a vacuum I agree but, if the plan is to transition the tag belts to Ronda/Shayna (as it appears to be), wouldn't you rather they win it off someone who can't be hurt by the loss?
Since I mostly just watch NXT and the premiums I didn't realize that was the plan. If so, I agree. I don't like that plan. I guess that would be a check in the "Vince is back in creative" column?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
People seemed really high on Gigi's promo Tuesday night. Wonder if they are going to put her over Jacy.

Chase U vs The Strangers Schism is kinda so bad it has to be good, right? WTF faces was Thea making that whole time.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
People seemed really high on Gigi's promo Tuesday night. Wonder if they are going to put her over Jacy.

Chase U vs The Strangers Schism is kinda so bad it has to be good, right? WTF faces was Thea making that whole time.
I love how stupid NXT is. The Schism / Chase U segment right after Gigi’s super emotional promo was peak NXT pacing.

Really interested in what HBK’s gonna do with Waller. Is he gonna re-do his “final” match to something acceptable and not the Saudi nonsense? Is he going to bring in a new ace
Dragon Lee?
to put Waller in line?

Should be a fun show on Tuesday.