The Sweet Science

who is your current favorite boxer or boxers?
Usyk is the goat bruh! He fulfilled the legacy of best cruiserweight since Evander Holyfield and now he sits atop the heavyweight division --- wish there was better competition for him though

Naoye Inoue !!!

Errol Spence Jr.

Bud Crawford (we're all waiting for a Spence v Crawford unification bout)

Shakur Stevenson is on the come up too.

the Chinese Giant Zhilei Zheng is fun to watch fight too especially considering the late surge in his career and that he's 40.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Usyk is the goat bruh! He fulfilled the legacy of best cruiserweight since Evander Holyfield and now he sits atop the heavyweight division --- wish there was better competition for him though

Naoye Inoue !!!

Errol Spence Jr.

Bud Crawford (we're all waiting for a Spence v Crawford unification bout)

Shakur Stevenson is on the come up too.

the Chinese Giant Zhilei Zheng is fun to watch fight too especially considering the late surge in his career and that he's 40.
I'm waiting for that Crawford Spence matchup too, they've been talking about it since November but nothing has come of it

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
was trying to find the full fight but was unsuccessful so I had to stick with highlights. Haney didn't look like he got bruised up the way Loma did in the face but Loma was in full force for all the rounds, relentless. It's an unfortunate ending for him and possibly his last opportunity for a belt but I'd love to see a rematch.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
much anticipated bout between Crawford and Spence this Saturday, anyone watching? if so, who you got? this is big time for the sport, two big names fighting in their primes for a chance for all the belts

was trying to find the full fight but was unsuccessful so I had to stick with highlights. Haney didn't look like he got bruised up the way Loma did in the face but Loma was in full force for all the rounds, relentless. It's an unfortunate ending for him and possibly his last opportunity for a belt but I'd love to see a rematch.
Pale skin bruises more easily/shows more damage the argument about facial damage in combat sports is one of the most idiotic ones ever a cut does not mean you landed a good punch or did damage it just means the person got cut. Judging a fight based on the fighters face is lunacy at every level. Haney lost clearly but the boxing establishment needs fresh blood so Loma had to be sacrificed.

Glad to see Fulton get smashed by Inoue after all the accusations of cheating he made against Inoue when the US/UK boxing sanctioning bodies are the most corrupt on the planet.

As far as Crawford vs Spence it's like 5 years to late neither guy is in their prime and it's a typical boxing money grab. Can Spence even make the weight without being compromised?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Pale skin bruises more easily/shows more damage the argument about facial damage in combat sports is one of the most idiotic ones ever a cut does not mean you landed a good punch or did damage it just means the person got cut. Judging a fight based on the fighters face is lunacy at every level. Haney lost clearly but the boxing establishment needs fresh blood so Loma had to be sacrificed.

Glad to see Fulton get smashed by Inoue after all the accusations of cheating he made against Inoue when the US/UK boxing sanctioning bodies are the most corrupt on the planet.

As far as Crawford vs Spence it's like 5 years to late neither guy is in their prime and it's a typical boxing money grab. Can Spence even make the weight without being compromised?
you really think that Crawford and Spence aren't in their primes right now?

you really think that Crawford and Spence aren't in their primes right now?
No Spence has looked awful since his car crash and nearly got stopped by that Cuban (Ugas?) who for some strange reason just stopped attacking (fixed fight?) I think Crawford is probably closer to his prime currently but I would say both were at there peak a few years ago.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
No Spence has looked awful since his car crash and nearly got stopped by that Cuban (Ugas?) who for some strange reason just stopped attacking (fixed fight?) I think Crawford is probably closer to his prime currently but I would say both were at there peak a few years ago.
I think Crawford wins this fight, he looks like he's the better boxer. Crawford is in great shape for a 35 year old so I still will want to watch this one if I can find it on the net somewhere

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Crawford absolute domination, dude didn't breath hard all night. Spence was way too slow on the delivery. Any questions on whether Bud is or isn't in his prime put that to rest. Dude is a joy to watch.

This Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou fight Saturday afternoon has the potential to be fight of the year. Could we see an upset? Makhmudov, Joseph Parker, Martin Bakole, Moses Itauma, Carlos Takam, Fabio Wardley and David Adeleye all feature on the undercard. Oh, remember the name Duran? well Duran Jr will also be on the card.

I've seen some build ups to fights but this ones on another level. The promo is super cinematic - Bang/Smash Bang/Smash BANG/SMASH - they made this song/music video called 'Pepper' featuring Ngannou, Ronaldo, Lil Baby, Skrillex and Big Flowdan (Very catchy)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou fight Saturday afternoon has the potential to be fight of the year. Could we see an upset? Makhmudov, Joseph Parker, Martin Bakole, Moses Itauma, Carlos Takam, Fabio Wardley and David Adeleye all feature on the undercard. Oh, remember the name Duran? well Duran Jr will also be on the card.

I've seen some build ups to fights but this ones on another level. The promo is super cinematic - Bang/Smash Bang/Smash BANG/SMASH - they made this song/music video called 'Pepper' featuring Ngannou, Ronaldo, Lil Baby, Skrillex and Big Flowdan (Very catchy)
fight of the year? absolutely not. Ngannou is in trouble. This fight ends in 5 or 6 in my opinion. Ngannou is not a boxer. Fury hasn't boxed in a year but the skills and instincts don't disappear, it simply comes down to how much he is conditioning prior to the fight. Ngannou is carrying way too much muscle mass and that will exhaust him as the rounds go on.

fight of the year? absolutely not. Ngannou is in trouble. This fight ends in 5 or 6 in my opinion. Ngannou is not a boxer. Fury hasn't boxed in a year but the skills and instincts don't disappear, it simply comes down to how much he is conditioning prior to the fight. Ngannou is carrying way too much muscle mass and that will exhaust him as the rounds go on.
Yeah he's not even a good boxer for MMA standards. Many of his knockouts came from wild sloppy exchanges where all he needs to do is connect to put someone to sleep. I don't see him even being as competitive as McGregor was against Mayweather unless Tyson just plays around with him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah he's not even a good boxer for MMA standards. Many of his knockouts came from wild sloppy exchanges where all he needs to do is connect to put someone to sleep. I don't see him even being as competitive as McGregor was against Mayweather unless Tyson just plays around with him.
absolutely. if you are a betting man, this is the fight to bet on and make out with some serious dough. this is basically a warm up fight for Fury since he hasn't boxed in a while and Ngannou is the victim here. Watched a interview with Bernard Hopkins the other night and he kept speaking on how Boxing is severely flawed in its match making and instead of seeing a premier fight like Usyk vs Fury or any other competent heavyweight, you throw a man in with the sharks instead and we know the reason for it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
props to Francis for sticking it out, I didn't think he would make it through the rounds. Didn't realize they were only fighting 10 rounds, what gives?

looks like Fury vs Usyk is going to go down, end of December, barring any changes. This is what Boxing needs.

Fury looked out of shape even by his standards and fought with no urgency whatsoever. Like it was an exhibition. Works out for him. He could get another Saudi payday to rematch Ngannou now and there will probably be more PPV buzz next time around. That suits Ngannou as well. Don’t see him returning to MMA anytime soon.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fury looked out of shape even by his standards and fought with no urgency whatsoever. Like it was an exhibition. Works out for him. He could get another Saudi payday to rematch Ngannou now and there will probably be more PPV buzz next time around. That suits Ngannou as well. Don’t see him returning to MMA anytime soon.
there was no urgency because he fought a novice, he knew he was going to win whether it be with a KO or a decision

Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk heavyweight Undisputed is going down Feb 17th in Saudi, ALL the belts will be on the line. Who you got winning and how? Plan your fight party now sports fans and remember watch out for the greedy beeps who eat everything very quickly. Because the fight is in Saudi double check the time difference. I get nervous for the big fights - it's a bit embarrassing.
F_E0GL-WUAEnJa9.jpg

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Ngannou did much better versus Fury than anticipated and he was a novice boxer to boot. I think Usyk takes this one in a decision win. I know its for greed purposes but these heavy weights are all fighting in Saudi as of late

also, I'm waiting for Crawford to get back out there, it's been since late July since his last bout. Give the fans what they want Bud!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
just saw today that in June it's going to be Bivol vs Beterbiev, what a juicy match up right there. Meanwhile, in May you have Inoue fighting, Loma, and we can't forget Usyk vs Fury. Finally, boxing giving us fans something to look forward to for the next couple of months. Let's get Terrence Crawford back and Tank Davis, it's been too long