The Salt Mine

League is dumb AF if they even try to get one last hurrah out of that. Silver has a ready made ratings bonanza for the next half of the decade if he lets the beam shine.

That's why I think he's such a bad president besides all the questionable business dealings and trying to pander to social justice movements while being laser focused on the almighty dollar, he just isn't pushing enough new stars. Stern was trying to sell us that Harold freakin Miner was Baby Jordan and that guys like Steve Francis and Steph Marbury were the future of the league. Eventually he did get KG, Kobe, AI, McGrady, Dirk, etc. but there were so many guys pumped up as saviors that were halfway decent and given a chance to shine but ultimately weren't the real deal and they weren't exclusively in LA, NY or Miami.

Makes you wonder if Golden State would have been allowed to achieve major market status under his watch since they were basically the Oakland losers until Lacob took over.
Agreed. The "Beam Team" could be rating gold for the NBA, like the golden era "Greatest Show" teams were.

Watching all these other teams in the playoffs, the Kings style of play is the most entertaining by far. The Kings play basketball the way it is supposed to be played, it's beautiful to watch when they are clicking.

Agreed. The "Beam Team" could be rating gold for the NBA, like the golden era "Greatest Show" teams were.

Watching all these other teams in the playoffs, the Kings style of play is the most entertaining by far. The Kings play basketball the way it is supposed to be played, it's beautiful to watch when they are clicking.
I think it's important to remember that the Kings are essentially a Stern Legacy project. We have a street named after him for goodness sake. I think the bias against the Kings in recent years is much more from the media than the League itself. The Kings are very, very marketable - we just needed to put together a decent product. We have that now. I think next year we'll see a large number of national TV games for us. Sac success is a fairytale story and the NBA knows it.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

I don't know if it's "the way it is supposed to be" or more teams would try. But what it is is highly creative and entertaining. Exactly the type of play a lot of people have been clamoring for. Quick guards. Lots of motion. Lots of touches. Lots of assists. Inside out. A dominant (but modern) big. Thug ball ain't coming back but if you're tired of iso and/or non-stop 3 hunting, this is it folks.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I think it's important to remember that the Kings are essentially a Stern Legacy project. We have a street named after him for goodness sake. I think the bias against the Kings in recent years is much more from the media than the League itself. The Kings are very, very marketable - we just needed to put together a decent product. We have that now. I think next year we'll see a large number of national TV games for us. Sac success is a fairytale story and the NBA knows it.
I hated Stern for years after 2002. Him helping the town save the team was his saving grace for sure but watching Silver really makes you appreciate all the things you may have questioned about Stern back in the day (pushing stars for example). Silver's problem is he is just catering to Stern's last crop who aren't going to be the stars much longer. Great opportunity to let the young teams in but he's not here for it.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I think the officiating has been pretty even. Lots of bad calls on both sides. Refs letting Curry and Poole spaz their way to the FT line more often than they should for sure but the Kings have had some iffy calls go their way as well.

One thing I respect about Klay is he doesn't play that way. He doesn't fall down after every 3 pointer and he doesn't just run around jumping into people to trick the refs.
Maybe. But Klay was ok with shoving Domatas to the floor to prevent him from rebounding the ball. Then when Green stomped Domas Aplauding Green and his antics. I would have loved to be a reporter in the post-game. After Klay was done criticizing Sabonis for grabbing Green's leg I would have asked him how did Sabonis end up on the floor in the first place? If Klay is not COMPLICIT, he is as at least ok with Green's garbage ball. No pass given.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Maybe. But Klay was ok with shoving Domatas to the floor to prevent him from rebounding the ball. Then when Green stomped Domas Aplauding Green and his antics. I would have loved to be a reporter in the post-game. After Klay was done criticizing Sabonis for grabbing Green's leg I would have asked him how did Sabonis end up on the floor in the first place? If Klay is not COMPLICIT, he is as at least ok with Green's garbage ball. No pass given.
Dubs fans (and possibly some media) are saying Sabonis flopped and tried to pull Klay down and failing to do that he then went after Green.

Which is pretty crazy because it means Domas is like a chess wizard with his dirty play, or you know, we could possibly accept the idea that the guy who has proven himself to be one of the 3 dirtiest players in the league over the last decade is him.

I don’t want this playoff experience to start not being fun. All this noise is kinda stressing me out and is doing the exact opposite of what sports is supposed to do ie provide a reprieve from real life. I’m even thinking of taking game 3 off haha
I 100% understand where you are coming from because I have shut it all off too. This has sucked the enjoyment out of where the kings currently are for me personally. It’s all every outlets is talking about and 80% of the stuff being said is complete horsesh*t. The national media almost had me believing that I missed something so I’ve watched the damn play another 30 times. Nope. Now I’ve got to listen to jalen rose call Domas dirty and jj say that the NBA refs are trying to swing the series in our favor?!?!
What the F is going on here?!?
Let me get this straight, jj and a lot of the national media expect us to believe that the NBA and their refs are giving us preferential treatment? The kings. Over the defending champs who happen to have the best player in the world? The kings, who haven’t been relevant in almost 20 years? Cause the league would rather see us play the lakers instead of the defending champs? Omg, these people are seriously defective. ISN'T THIS THE DEFINITION OF GASLIGHTING? Like other posters have mentioned, it’s almost like they are laying the groundwork for some game 6 type hi jinx.
This is why I’ve seriously considered taking game
3 off. I could just turn on a true crimes podcast and work on my truck and ignore the spectacular noise that is about to hit tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

good news fellas JJ is back with a new new crapty Kings take
the problem hasn’t been Steph not being able to move without the ball. It’s been Steph not being able to get rid of the ball when he is stopped at half court WITH the ball and the Warriors ridiculous dearth of playmakers outside of Steph and Draymond.

There is no example of Steph being held off ball or beat up. The physicality is all in the paint and it’s mostly worked against Domas and the Kings. The Kings are applying pressure to an already turnover prone Warriors team. That’s like saying they are holding Huerter and Murray. They aren’t. The Warriors are applying pressure in a different way to disrupt the DHO. Kings aren’t letting Steph breath with the ball in his hands

there is no Shaun Livingston or Iguadola. They are also missing Bjeli from last year. That is why this isn’t your big brothers Warriors. It’s just an aged Steph, Klay and Draymond..with Wiggins and unsuitable role players

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
It will be interesting if the Grizzlies recover and win their series because I doubt there is any way the Kings would look like thugs against them.

Honestly wtf is it with Domas who we were all told was SAWFT before he came here, and we've all heard was a nobody until anyone actually watched a few Kings games, and now he's the professor of thuganomics? Like really WTH?

I hate that JJ can't get over his Kings bias, because he's otherwise exactly the kind of analyst I gravitate towards usually. But he's just gotten seriously lost in his Kings take and can't get over the "malpractice" from last season.
This.I usually enjoy JJ analysing the nuances of the game and he does try to back it up with numbers not feelings.So this take that Golden State( one of the most foul prone teams during the season btw) is getting killed by refs while the numbers say that Kings got 3 more foul calls called in their favor during the first 2 games (51-48 I believe) is disappointing