The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game recognize game. Many of the games top players previous and current know what Luka is all about.

As for Marvin, it kinda sucks for him that he's been put in this situation thru no fault of his own. And Grant NumNutz saying the crap he is isn't going to make it any better. Would be better to not stoke the flames rather than talking trash about Luka and putting massive expectations on Marvin's shoulders.

If your kid was struggling in school would you start trashing someone else's successful kid while telling everyone your kid will go to Harvard? Just not helpful.

Game recognize game. Many of the games top players previous and current know what Luka is all about.

As for Marvin, it kinda sucks for him that he's been put in this situation thru no fault of his own. And Grant NumNutz saying the crap he is isn't going to make it any better. Would be better to not stoke the flames rather than talking trash about Luka and putting massive expectations on Marvin's shoulders.

If your kid was struggling in school would you start trashing someone else's successful kid while telling everyone your kid will go to Harvard? Just not helpful.
Kobe doesn’t do that with just any player. Id like to see grant talk this tweet away..........
It’s just a crime that that’s not luka in a kings uniform. Geez, all the stories and commercials you could have written with Luka with KINGS on his uniform. This will still be talked about 20 years from now.......

#firevlade

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kobe doesn’t do that with just any player. Id like to see grant talk this tweet away..........
It’s just a crime that that’s not luka in a kings uniform. Geez, all the stories and commercials you could have written with Luka with KINGS on his uniform. This will still be talked about 20 years from now.......

#firevlade
This was the real chance to break out of the KAMGZ label. Instead it’s never going away.

I was even more pissed when the Porzingis for Fox trade news came out how the hell donwe not take that deal and draft Luka. We could be dallas right now with those two but even better with Bogi/Buddy surrounding them. Could be talking championship this year man ****
I’d rather start Fox & Holmes vs. Ferrell & Porzingis. Not to mention that Porzingis is on his 2nd contract whereas Fox & Holmes are still on the cheap. But I guess there is always the chance that we wouldn’t have signed Holmes had we drafted Luka (variable change).

Saying we passed on Doncic is enough. A team of...

Fox
Hield / Bogdan
Doncic / Jackson
Labissiere / Giles
Cauley-Stein

...would have put us in a great position to continue to accumulate & develop our young assets. And if we draft Anunoby over Jackson like I wanted, that team looks even better...

Fox
Hield / Bogdan
Doncic
Anunoby / Labissiere
Cauley-Stein / Giles

Nice article about KP on ESPN. The input from Carlisle is interesting, saying the post up game is not effective any longer. Also this quote from KP:

"I didn't expect -- nobody expected -- Luka to be hooping like this," Porzingis said. "Luka runs the show. He's been playing incredibly effective. I'm there to support him in any way I can -- stretching the floor or whatever so he can do his thing."

He said, "NOBODY EXPECTED."

Link to article--> https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ingis-leading-mavericks-alongside-luka-doncic

IMO Luka is in the perfect place. Mark Cuban has deep pockets and wants to win. Donnie Nelson has long scouted Europe and is a good talent evaluator (see Sarunas Marciulionas) . Coach Carlisle has really impressed with his handling of Luka. The complete Mav's organization is used to success with European players. I'm not sure Luka has this same level of success anywhere else. IMO Luka wanted to be a Mav and wanted to be in a Big Market like Dallas.

Look how the Maverick's went all in last year on Luka. Trading away former Mav's PG DSJ and handing the ball to Luka.

Think how different this might have looked if Luka played for Joerger and played off the ball as a wing player. Of course he would have to earn his minutes:)

The Maverick's Player Development deserves a lot of credit for how this worked out. Then of course so does Luka. Luka looks like a mixture of Magic Johnson and Larry Legend.

Carlisle may be the key here. Read that linked article above and see how he stands up to the media pundits pushing KP to the post. It is just very refreshing:)

As a Kings Fan I think it would do our organization good to take a look at how the Mavs are handing KP and apply the same ideas to MBIII. Especially this from the ESPN article:

"Porzingis essentially shut down the Suns' offense with his relentless energy and rim protection. He swatted a Ricky Rubio floater from behind after the Suns' point guard pushed the ball up the floor and attacked before the Dallas defense was set. Porzingis fought his way around a seal by wide-body Suns center Aron Baynes to reject a reverse layup when Rubio beat Doncic on a baseline drive, flicking the shot away with his left hand, keeping the ball in bounds for Curry to recover."

And this:

"That started a 19-4 run for the Mavs that put the game away, and Porzingis was a dominant force despite touching the ball only twice on offense the rest of the game, missing his sixth 3-point attempt of the night with 5:53 remaining and swinging the ball a couple of possessions later to Seth Curry for an open corner 3 that pushed Dallas' lead to double digits."

IMO Luka is in the perfect place. Mark Cuban has deep pockets and wants to win. Donnie Nelson has long scouted Europe and is a good talent evaluator (see Sarunas Marciulionas) . Coach Carlisle has really impressed with his handling of Luka. The complete Mav's organization is used to success with European players. I'm not sure Luka has this same level of success anywhere else. IMO Luka wanted to be a Mav and wanted to be in a Big Market like Dallas.

Look how the Maverick's went all in last year on Luka. Trading away former Mav's PG DSJ and handing the ball to Luka.

Think how different this might have looked if Luka played for Joerger and played off the ball as a wing player. Of course he would have to earn his minutes:)

The Maverick's Player Development deserves a lot of credit for how this worked out. Then of course so does Luka. Luka looks like a mixture of Magic Johnson and Larry Legend.

Carlisle may be the key here. Read that linked article above and see how he stands up to the media pundits pushing KP to the post. It is just very refreshing:)
yeah, the kings probably would have screwed up luka. They would have tried to make him fit instead of forming the rest of the team around him. It’s the main reason why I have given up on this team. The franchise, from top to bottom, is rotten. And it’s not gonna change.

yeah, the kings probably would have screwed up luka. They would have tried to make him fit instead of forming the rest of the team around him. It’s the main reason why I have given up on this team. The franchise, from top to bottom, is rotten. And it’s not gonna change.
Phenom players being missed or misused is nothing new in sports and is not exclusive to the Kings or Vlade Divac.

I am taking a slightly more positive approach than you with my Kings Fandom:)

IMO Walton and the current Kings Players should get some time to develop and turn things around. Sans Dedmon who should be anchored to the bench until a deal that benefits the Kings can be worked out.

As a Kings Fan I think it would do our organization good to take a look at how the Mavs are handing KP and apply the same ideas to MBIII. Especially this from the ESPN article:

"Porzingis essentially shut down the Suns' offense with his relentless energy and rim protection. He swatted a Ricky Rubio floater from behind after the Suns' point guard pushed the ball up the floor and attacked before the Dallas defense was set. Porzingis fought his way around a seal by wide-body Suns center Aron Baynes to reject a reverse layup when Rubio beat Doncic on a baseline drive, flicking the shot away with his left hand, keeping the ball in bounds for Curry to recover."

And this:

"That started a 19-4 run for the Mavs that put the game away, and Porzingis was a dominant force despite touching the ball only twice on offense the rest of the game, missing his sixth 3-point attempt of the night with 5:53 remaining and swinging the ball a couple of possessions later to Seth Curry for an open corner 3 that pushed Dallas' lead to double digits."
We're counting on Bagley excelling in skills he's never shown in his life.

Nice article about KP on ESPN. The input from Carlisle is interesting, saying the post up game is not effective any longer. Also this quote from KP:

"I didn't expect -- nobody expected -- Luka to be hooping like this," Porzingis said. "Luka runs the show. He's been playing incredibly effective. I'm there to support him in any way I can -- stretching the floor or whatever so he can do his thing."

He said, "NOBODY EXPECTED."

Link to article--> https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ingis-leading-mavericks-alongside-luka-doncic
Porzingis should start hitting some shots if he wants to help stretch the floor.

And this:

I don't know if that's possible anyway. Aren't Bagley's arms about a foot shorter than KP's?

I don't know if that's possible anyway. Aren't Bagley's arms about a foot shorter than KP's?
KP is longer I am sure. MB3 is faster and more athletic
Porzingis should start hitting some shots if he wants to help stretch the floor.
Carlisle is the Boss of who shoots where in Dallas:) I would take 17.3 points and 9.4 rebounds in 31 MPG from the PF spot:)

True but Bagley is never going to be as good as Luka. Just not going to happen.

At this point all we can hope is that Bagley is all-star level and a super player but he won't be Luka good.
Never is a long time:) But Luka is a Phenom, so I'm not betting against him being better. But Marvin can still be very good.

I heard lebron talking about david stern and his legacy. He talked about what the NBA use to be and what it is now, with superstars like the greek freak, the beard, and luka.

what could have been............

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I heard lebron talking about david stern and his legacy. He talked about what the NBA use to be and what it is now, with superstars like the greek freak, the beard, and luka.

what could have been............
Seriously. This kid was Sacramento’s chance to be something. Be respected again. Be exactly what they were in the early 2000s. The arena would be insane night in and night out. It would must see TV.

But no. Never again with this franchise. KANGZ 4 LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.