The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That quote should be attached to his jersey up in the rafters.
It sucks for the fans, the city, and even most of the players but the organization (Vlade/Vivek) basically deserve what they're getting right now.

When you blow the most important draft pick in Kings history it's almost fitting that instant failure besets upon the organization. Karma from the basketball gods for willingly choosing low basketball IQ over high basketball IQ.

Luka would have made this team relevant and good for a decade plus. Not choosing him set the team back years. As much as some of the Vladpologists keep acting like it's no big deal, it is a big deal. The entire trajectory of the franchise has drastically changed based on that one decision.

Last edited:
I looked up this new stat called wins & losses and it turns out Trae Young is 6-27 and dead last in the East. They turned their extra pick into Cam Reddish. Schlenk should be getting excoriated worse than Vlade.

Anyone that passed on Luka for any reason should get cr*p for it. At least ATL got a very valuable extra pick for doing so. Also Trae has the 6th highest ORPM and the 8th highest OPIPM in the whole league so while he is a big net negative defensively, he has shown to have huge value offensively. Its something concrete to build on other than just potential, tools, hope and poor advanced metrics.

I personally didnt like ATLs draft strategy for the past two years. Passing on Luka was obviously bad but at least they got an extra pick for it. Then they traded up for Hunter who has fairly low ceiling and picked Reddish (who I didnt like very much ). So yes ATL fans should not be happy with the trade. Although if you ask me, their pick in that draft has been better than ours and they even got a valuable asset on top of that. To me that grades a lot higher than our draft. Of course if Reddish is a bust even in his second year its very clear that ATL lost the trade badly.

Anyone that passed on Luka for any reason should get cr*p for it. At least ATL got a very valuable extra pick for doing so. Also Trae has the 6th highest ORPM and the 8th highest OPIPM in the whole league so while he is a big net negative defensively, he has shown to have huge value offensively. Its something concrete to build on other than just potential, tools, hope and poor advanced metrics.

I personally didnt like ATLs draft strategy for the past two years. Passing on Luka was obviously bad but at least they got an extra pick for it. Then they traded up for Hunter who has fairly low ceiling and picked Reddish (who I didnt like very much ). So yes ATL fans should not be happy with the trade. Although if you ask me, their pick in that draft has been better than ours and they even got a valuable asset on top of that. To me that grades a lot higher than our draft. Of course if Reddish is a bust even in his second year its very clear that ATL lost the trade badly.
Reddish is a scrub they lost that trade no matter how good he gets, whenever they make the playoffs Trae will be hunted for on defense. Look what teams did to Steph and he’s a lot bigger that Trae and a better defender

So, then, trading down for extra firsts is a good value play irrespective of how those additional prospects turn out?

Trae Young is not a winning basketball player, and he and Devin Booker are making the analytics guys look really uninformed about what good basketball looks like.

So, then, trading down for extra firsts is a good value play irrespective of how those additional prospects turn out?

Trae Young is not a winning basketball player, and he and Devin Booker are making the analytics guys look really uninformed about what good basketball looks like.
Getting an extra first is always a bonus if you decide to pass on a generational talent.

I dont know who are these "analytics" guys you follow and how uninformed they are but Trae Young has had a more productive Nba career than Bagley, same with Booker. None of them are like Lebron where they can carry a horrible roster and front office to playoffs but as I said, at least Trae has demonstrated that he is a huge added value offensively. Thats more than tools and potential and "lets give our draft pick three years".

Glad to hear grant have to explain vlade’s weak GM’ing on Jim Rome’s show. He just compared luka to tyreke Evans on a national radio show.
He just said Bagley is gonna be an all-star.
Big red, you are a turd.........
Nice way to embarrass the city, team, and fans we don’t claim this guy.
Although haters in here were saying the same thing

Glad to hear grant have to explain vlade’s weak GM’ing on Jim Rome’s show. He just compared luka to tyreke Evans on a national radio show.
He just said Bagley is gonna be an all-star.
Big red, you are a turd.........
So logic dictates that Luka is gonna pull a Tyreke and regress significantly and Bagley's gonna go from bad to all-star.

Good is bad and bad is good apparently.

That's not only likely, but probable. Grant looked at Luka Doncic and thought he's not gonna end up very good and then looked at Bagley and thought all-star.

Wait, of course he didn't. He's just shilling like he always does, but the leaps in logic are so big now it comes off as even more ridiculous than usual.

Though right now we know where the organization feels with Vlade if Grant is crowing...

So logic dictates that Luka is gonna pull a Tyreke and regress significantly and Bagley's gonna go from bad to all-star.

Good is bad and bad is good apparently.

That's not only likely, but probable. Grant looked at Luka Doncic and thought he's not gonna end up very good and then looked at Bagley and thought all-star.

Wait, of course he didn't. He's just shilling like he always does, but the leaps in logic are so big now it comes off as even more ridiculous than usual.

Though right now we know where the organization feels with Vlade if Grant is crowing...
Ya the guy putting up 30-9-9 will be bad even though teams have tape on him haha ****ing embarrassing. Although I could see him come down to like 25-8-8 which wouldn’t be great numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.