The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I were 100% invested in this franchise this entire Luca thing would really bother me. Bad owner. Bad FO. Bad GM. Yeesh. Majority of Kings fans seen to be ok with it. All I can do is shrug my shoulders. Kings gonna kings.......... it is dam entertaining to watch this kid light the league on fire though.

Anybody else kinda peeved we don't get to see this Kings team with Luka that has Vlade and Peja in the front office play a game in Belgrade? I bet national team play is going to be interesting.

The thing that's shocked me about Luka is how easily he gets into the lane very few slower PG's have had that ability in recent times (Andre Miller when he was young got where ever he wanted), there are times he's blocked off but literally 80-90% of the time he gets to the exact spot he wants to get to it's really remarkable I thought he would have way bigger issues against the speed of NBA player but not the case.
Not only that, he's so effortless out there compared to some other star and MVP type players. The game comes to him naturally.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Anybody else kinda peeved we don't get to see this Kings team with Luka that has Vlade and Peja in the front office play a game in Belgrade? I bet national team play is going to be interesting.
I could be misreading your post but you do realize Luka isn't from Serbia, right?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Their five game winning streak was much more impressive before I realized that three of those game were against the Spurs, Warriors, and Cavs and have come with a team that is completely healthy.

Doncic is not going to be Lebron (even though he's better than 19 yo Lebron), but he's a perennial all star in the making (not even that far).
The pace and style of the game has changed since Lebron was Luka's age. Luka has been ridiculously good but let's draw the line before we start calling him better than the greatest physical specimen and singular talent the sport has seen since perhaps Wilt.
He's better than 20 yo Lebron, I'm sorry.

97 pts, 17 rbs, 29 asts, and he finds a cure for ALS at halftime
this reminds me of Entity I believe when we were predicting Luka's summer league numbers. There were some high predictions and he thought they were unreasonable and said something like why not 40 points 20 rebounds 15 assists. he was close! did not play summerleague but those numbers are close to some regular season numbers this year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'll never understand why Carlisle doesn't play Boban more. I mean, I understand it because he's too slow and unmaneuverable to play against a lot of frontlines in the NBA and he plays the same position as the highest played player on the team but I'll never understand it because feel for the game-wise, he's probably the second best player behind Luka.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To his credit, THJ has stepped up his game in the last couple of games and gone from being one of the worst contracts in NBA history to just being an enormous waste of money.

To his credit, THJ has stepped up his game in the last couple of games and gone from being one of the worst contracts in NBA history to just being an enormous waste of money.
Lmao I'm sure he would love to hear that.

"Hey Tim! Your contract has gone from colossal failure to just a large waste of money now. Keep improving and you'll soon be just an overpaid player!"

Status
Not open for further replies.