The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's basically saying that it's only June and there's plenty of time to make changes and then every time a team drafted someone with another established player already at that position, he would call it out and mock everyone that called and complained about back to back SG picks. It was hilarious to listen how mad he was that everyone hated the pick. He just kept saying YEAH WELL EVERYONE HATED PEJA AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED, ALL-STAR! ALL FREAKING STAR!!
Doing what he does best, I see.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
He's basically saying that it's only June and there's plenty of time to make changes and then every time a team drafted someone with another established player already at that position, he would call it out and mock everyone that called and complained about back to back SG picks. It was hilarious to listen how mad he was that everyone hated the pick. He just kept saying YEAH WELL EVERYONE HATED PEJA AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED, ALL-STAR! ALL FREAKING STAR!!
Following that logic, I guess we should get a head start on the "Thank You Ben McLemore" thread, since Stojakovic didn't become an "ALL-STAR! ALL FREAKING STAR" until we got rid of the guy ahead of him. Also, it'd help a lot if we go ahead and find the Divac to Stauskas' Stojakovic, an aging vet who will basically dedicate the rest of his career to making Stauskas look like a million bucks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Peja was a very long time ago. And Peja was drafted by Geoff Petrie. Grant needs to take a chill pill. The very fans he's yelling at are the reason he still has a gig on the radio.

Any one of us has the right to voice our opinions about something the front office has or hasn't done. We stood up when it counted and this is, according to Vivek Ranadive, OUR TEAM. Instead of always talking down to the fans, why doesn't Grant make an attempt to see our side? You know, acknowledge this may not appear to be the best pick and address that?

I'm actually glad most of the time that I cannot get KHTK on my home radio.

I don't dislike Stauskus himself as a prospect, in my mind he is a lesser Brandon Roy with a very high likelihood of reaching that potential, but taking him over Payton, who has greater potential at a more critical position, was a mistake. There is also the issue that we just spent two straight lottery picks on SGs.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Clint Capella was the one guy that could have saved this merciful draft for us. Now, there's nobody else in this draft that I want.
If we don't trade ben mac and JT + whatever Boston wants for Rondo then I'm seriously going to be miserable for another year. We'll be in lottery next season or worse....we'll lose our pick next season and won't make playoffs. Rudy Gay will leave and Kings are crap again.
Man, I'm giving up on this team.... Still a die hard fan but no trust in this management. Failure.
Stauskas is a great SG and will be one of the best SG's in the league. His lateral quickness is good which means he'll be a decent defender when he applies himself and I'm sure Malone will get him to that. I have no doubt that he's the next Klay Thompson. However, I think Vonleh and Payton and a few others will be far superior to him, unfortunately.

I don't dislike Stauskus himself as a prospect, in my mind he is a lesser Brandon Roy with a very high likelihood of reaching that potential, but taking him over Payton, who has greater potential at a more critical position, was a mistake. There is also the issue that we just spent two straight lottery picks on SGs.
Wow, very high likelihood of being Brandon Roy?

Clint Capella was the one guy that could have saved this merciful draft for us. Now, there's nobody else in this draft that I want.
If we don't trade ben mac and JT + whatever Boston wants for Rondo then I'm seriously going to be miserable for another year. We'll be in lottery next season or worse....we'll lose our pick next season and won't make playoffs. Rudy Gay will leave and Kings are poopoo again.
Man, I'm giving up on this team.... Still a die hard fan but no trust in this management. Failure.
Stauskas is a great SG and will be one of the best SG's in the league. His lateral quickness is good which means he'll be a decent defender when he applies himself and I'm sure Malone will get him to that. I have no doubt that he's the next Klay Thompson. However, I think Vonleh and Payton and a few others will be far superior to him, unfortunately.
Mind. Blown.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

My main issue is....Where are we moving BEN MAC. He's got to go. Can't have both.

Would have rather of picked up a SG free agent who is more experienced. Usually, you want your SG to be a 3 & D who has years of experience in the NBA. We already have a raw talent in Ben Mac. Just don't see us keeping both.

If we get Rondo then Cousins and Stauskus would be a deadly offensive combo with Rudy Gay also stretching the floor and possibly IT coming off the bench or Ray Mac. I think that would change us tremendously. Then trade J-Will and JT or Landry for a defensive big and we're set.
None of that will happen. Not just that but we will probably be in the lottery next year. Probably not going to retain our pick.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Everybody lobbying for more picks. There is absolutely nothing left that will help this team at all. Look toward to trades and July 1 FA signings. Since Ben will be focal point of most trades you almost had to take stauskas.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If we don't trade ben mac and JT + whatever Boston wants for Rondo then I'm seriously going to be miserable for another year. We'll be in lottery next season or worse....we'll lose our pick next season and won't make playoffs. Rudy Gay will leave and Kings are poopoo again.
And this was precisely what I was talking about.

The comparisons to Klay Thompson are a bunch of bull dookie until the point in time comes that Stauskas shows he can not only defend at this level, but is an above average defender at this level and a top 3-4 defender on a playoff level team, while doing so against starting SG's.

You all see Klay have some very good mins D'ing up CP3 in the playoffs? Can Stauskas even guard Ben in practice?

If you're not factoring the difference on defense and are just looking at the offensive end, you're suffering from the same disease as our FO.

Status
Not open for further replies.