The NBA2K10 thread (merged)

I have been playing this game for more than a week now (rrod fixed! yaay).

The My Player mode is awesome. I got drafted to the kings(but sad to say Omri got cut during the training camp.:(). At first I was a benchwarmer behind Hawes and Mihm.:eek: But after a few games I had upped my stat and was soon starting(Hawes got traded for Rudy Fernandez:rolleyes:). My player is averaging 15, 11, 2,2 and was voted Rookie of the month for November. Too bad Reke is not playing as good as he is playing right now. Kings current record is 11-15.

All in all the game is really awesome. The lag issue is still happening whenever I play a road game, but I just change the camera mode to "Broadcast Dynamic" and all is good. I haven't tried onlin yet, i'm still developing my player, currently he has an overall rating of 51.

Anyway my GT is dukeswh.

Welp, they finally made the update last WKend, & Marty-Mar (hurt), Gar-Gar (hurt), & Mason (waived) are off the roster.
I guess I won't be playing online w/this team until late JAN when Marty-Mar's due back. I @ least need Marty-Mar in the line-up to compete online.
I'd like to start Omri @ SF over Nocioni, but they need to update his speed. He's slow as balls in the game. Same w/Greene, he's to slow in the game. He's very athletic on the court, but in the game, they have him moving as slow as Hawes/Thompson.

Naw dude you dont need martin, ive beaten alot of people online with the martinless kings, teams like celtics and lakers.

Just take the game over with Evans, hes amazing in the game.(rightfully so)

Greenes shot is money if you master it. and he is usually best utilized (for me at least) playing the PF position. Hes quicker then most PFs, just as big, and can shoot over em. But hes also useful if you use him in the 3-2 or 2-3 zone at SG because his length and athletiscism disturbs and blocks alot of periemeter shots and threes.

Throw Evans in at SF, and hit him with fast break passes wit Sergio or Beno and hes unstoppable in open court transition.

And yah I agree omri needs to be updated. he can hit threes in the game but not like Omri in real life who is (3rd for 3pt percentage in the league) He should definitely have a 3 point symbol and he should be 25 % faster.

Do you got the game for PS3 or Xbox?

Last edited:
To make the team through training camp do ypu have to score a c+ plus score a bunch?

I am avg 15pts 5rebs 5asts as a sg through the summer league....just wondering.
I'm not sure, but I didn't score a bunch, can't remember my exact average but I believe that I was averaging 20/10 in each game, and I always get a teammate grade of A/A+. My status always stayed as 'Likely to be cut' but I wasn't cut.

Naw dude you dont need martin, ive beaten alot of people online with the martinless kings, teams like celtics and lakers.

Just take the game over with Evans, hes amazing in the game.(rightfully so)

Greenes shot is money if you master it. and he is usually best utilized (for me at least) playing the PF position. Hes quicker then most PFs, just as big, and can shoot over em. But hes also useful if you use him in the 3-2 or 2-3 zone at SG because his length and athletiscism disturbs and blocks alot of periemeter shots and threes.

Throw Evans in at SF, and hit him with fast break passes wit Sergio or Beno and hes unstoppable in open court transition.

And yah I agree omri needs to be updated. he can hit threes in the game but not like Omri in real life who is (3rd for 3pt percentage in the league) He should definitely have a 3 point symbol and he should be 25 % faster.

Do you got the game for PS3 or Xbox?
XBOX360. I only run w/SAC. My online record is 34-11. Two or three of those losses came from B.S.'ing w/a few players due to a large lead & didn't want'm 2 quit on me, so I played down a tad & ended up losing the da*n game. :rolleyes:
But, I hold my own online. Been playing since 2K8.

I tried running Greene @ the 2, but I need alittle more speed from him. 61 speed for Greene just doesn't cut it for me to play the 2. He should be @ least 70. + I need him @ Center when I sub out Hawes.

My normal lineup (w/o injuries) is:

'Reke (sub: Sergio*)

Marty-Mar (sub: rotate 'Reke to SG)
Garcia (sub: Caspi)
Thompson (sub: May)
Hawes (sub: Greene)

My lineup since the roster update w/o Marty-Mar & Garcia:

Sergio* (sub: Udrih)
'Reke (sub: Udoka)
Nocioni (sub: Caspi)
Thompson (sub: May)
Hawes (sub: Greene)

*I mostly use Sergio @ PG over Udrih due to Sergio's speed, passing (better for an ocassional alley) and ball security ranking.

^^Very weak online roster due to injuries. I still haven't played a ranked online game since Mart-Mar went out. The SG position is WEAK now. I'd love to run Greene @ SG, & have before, but run N2 trouble when Hawes gets fatigued @ Center.

Hmmm, 'Reke @ SF, I might look N2 that. Also, I've never ran a zone in this game, always man-2-man, ALWAYS. Any advantages in running a zone in this game?
Now 'Reke is ranked 78 (higher than Marty-Mar's 77 ranking). They also updated his speed from an 82 to 86. I love the side-step/Euro-step they added for 'Reke when driving the lane. VERY effective.
Can't W8 to play again. Prob another week or two before Marty-Mar returns.

Question for all 2k10 gamers...

I'm playing first year in association..

I've been offered Tyson Chandler for Andres Nocioni. Should I accept?

Last edited:
^^^
U can use Chandler @ Center, which is a weak position for SAC in this game. 'specially playing online.
SAC is stacked @ the 3 (Garcia, Nocioni, Caspi, Udoka), but weak @ Center.
I haven't looked, but I'm sure Chandler's post defense, blocks, and rebounds are ranked higher than any PF/C on SAC. + Nocioni's rankings don't really excell in any areas (3's dunks, speed, defense, etc.) in 2K10, so U wouldn't miss him by taking the trade. But, gain much by throwing a 7-footer like Chandler in the paint.
I'd give up Nocioni for Chandler, easy.

Last edited:
I love the game... I just hate how damn cheap it can be... The other day I had the Orlando Magic shoot 88% for the first quarter and put up 37 points on me... They were 67% by the end of the game. When the AI shoots like that, it is almost physically impossible to win. I almost came back because the AI put their scrubs in garbage time and I cut it to 5 with a minute left... then they put the starters back in and sank two threes on me in a row to ice the game. DUMB! Also, Casspi's shooting stroke is really wierd in the game... I can't get the timing down and miss wide open threes with him all the time.

So I played another game... against the Jazz. I was in control for about the entire 1st half. Up 10 in fact. As the second half begins... the computer turns on the cheat mode. They start stealing the ball from me, even when all I'm doing is dribbling the ball up court. They did that 2 times in a row. Pump faking means automatic steal. After about 4 straight stollen posessions the Jazz tie it up. Up to this point Deron Williams stats were like 10 points, 3 assists, and 5 to's. An off night right? Wrong... in the second half he becomes unstoppable and by the end of the game racks up 35 points 13 rebounds. The Ai got up by 12 with 2 minutes left. All my starters were tired and theirs look like they just started the game. Realizing that the computer cheated and I wasn't going to waste an hour just to be screwed over (i play 8 min quarters), i decided to up my 3pt shooting slider to 100 just to tie it up and take it to over time. Once I did that I would lower it and play fair. Unfortuneately for me it never got to that point. On the last possesion I have Beno Udrih come off the bench and take the game tieing 3 with no time remaining.... BUT! not even with the slider set 100 do I hit the 3... I lose the game and get super mega screwed by the computer. EVEN WHEN I CHEAT... I LOSE. Its not right. I play on Hall of Fame mode, so I expect it to be hard, not cheap as hell. When I lower it to All-star I win every game so I keep it on Hall of Fame for the challenge. They need to fix the cheap ai bad.

So I played another game... against the Jazz. I was in control for about the entire 1st half. Up 10 in fact. As the second half begins... the computer turns on the cheat mode. They start stealing the ball from me, even when all I'm doing is dribbling the ball up court. They did that 2 times in a row. Pump faking means automatic steal. After about 4 straight stollen posessions the Jazz tie it up. Up to this point Deron Williams stats were like 10 points, 3 assists, and 5 to's. An off night right? Wrong... in the second half he becomes unstoppable and by the end of the game racks up 35 points 13 rebounds. The Ai got up by 12 with 2 minutes left. All my starters were tired and theirs look like they just started the game. Realizing that the computer cheated and I wasn't going to waste an hour just to be screwed over (i play 8 min quarters), i decided to up my 3pt shooting slider to 100 just to tie it up and take it to over time. Once I did that I would lower it and play fair. Unfortuneately for me it never got to that point. On the last possesion I have Beno Udrih come off the bench and take the game tieing 3 with no time remaining.... BUT! not even with the slider set 100 do I hit the 3... I lose the game and get super mega screwed by the computer. EVEN WHEN I CHEAT... I LOSE. Its not right. I play on Hall of Fame mode, so I expect it to be hard, not cheap as hell. When I lower it to All-star I win every game so I keep it on Hall of Fame for the challenge. They need to fix the cheap ai bad.
I feel U. I also play 8 min Q's. I love losing against the A.I. It makes U get your offensive/defensive game right & forces U to execute on nearly every possesion. It gets your skills level up. U have to execute on offense. U have to get stops on defense down the stretch. U have to capitalize on the A.I.'s turnovers. The dificulty of Hall of Fame makes U play your best game. That's what I love about that game. & U do too, U just don't know it yet.

That's what makes the game so good, because U can compete w/better teams w/SAC. Imagine if All Star was the hardest level, U would basically have to start adjusting sliders to make the game harder. So, keep the sliders @ default & grind it out. You're right where U need to be in Hall of Fame mode. It's a challenge for you. It may seem like "cheating", but it's not. The A.I. basically has to be cheap & hit nearly every shot @ times, out rebound U & so on, so that the competition level stays up.

The human mind will naturally adapt to the difficulty of the A.I.
As difficult as U said the game is, U were still RIGHT THERE @ the end of the game. So, Hall of Fame mode is where U need to be. Give it a few more weeks & U will be winning.

Again, the human mind naturally finds a way to win. U don't even have to be trying to do it. U will naturally find what works in the game against the A.I. & do it. U will naturally adapt & not throw certain passes, due to steals, or take less 3's due to %'s, or crash boards due to fast breaks, find the best defense that works best against the A.I., etc.

I love the game... I just hate how damn cheap it can be... The other day I had the Orlando Magic shoot 88% for the first quarter and put up 37 points on me... They were 67% by the end of the game. When the AI shoots like that, it is almost physically impossible to win. I almost came back because the AI put their scrubs in garbage time and I cut it to 5 with a minute left... then they put the starters back in and sank two threes on me in a row to ice the game. DUMB! Also, Casspi's shooting stroke is really wierd in the game... I can't get the timing down and miss wide open threes with him all the time.
Yea, Caspi's shooting stroke is atrocious in the game, + he;s way to slow.
They obviously didn't know much about him when the game was being made. That's why they anouncers say, "#18" instead of his name; I beleive they do the same for Brockman. By next YRs game I'm sure they will give Caspi a different shooting form.

The Hall of Fame A.I. has to shoot unrealistic shooting %'s, or else U'd win every game, easily.

I feel U. I also play 8 min Q's. I love losing against the A.I. It makes U get your offensive/defensive game right & forces U to execute on nearly every possesion. It gets your skills level up. U have to execute on offense. U have to get stops on defense down the stretch. U have to capitalize on the A.I.'s turnovers. The dificulty of Hall of Fame makes U play your best game. That's what I love about that game. & U do too, U just don't know it yet.

That's what makes the game so good, because U can compete w/better teams w/SAC. Imagine if All Star was the hardest level, U would basically have to start adjusting sliders to make the game harder. So, keep the sliders @ default & grind it out. You're right where U need to be in Hall of Fame mode. It's a challenge for you. It may seem like "cheating", but it's not. The A.I. basically has to be cheap & hit nearly every shot @ times, out rebound U & so on, so that the competition level stays up.

The human mind will naturally adapt to the difficulty of the A.I.
As difficult as U said the game is, U were still RIGHT THERE @ the end of the game. So, Hall of Fame mode is where U need to be. Give it a few more weeks & U will be winning.

Again, the human mind naturally finds a way to win. U don't even have to be trying to do it. U will naturally find what works in the game against the A.I. & do it. U will naturally adapt & not throw certain passes, due to steals, or take less 3's due to %'s, or crash boards due to fast breaks, find the best defense that works best against the A.I., etc.
I do love the game, it just pisses me off. When I win it makes me actually feel accomplished so In the end I guess its worth it.

I use a Sergio/Evans/Omri/Thompson/Hawes starting 5.

I always play on-line, never against the AI. I used to do it the first days playing with Portland (as I got smashed by the AI with the Kings) but since Oden got injured I prefer playing against people and use the Kings . Except if the other team uses Cavs or Lakers, then I choose sometimes Nuggets.

After finally getting over the frustration of getting screwed over in my last two games that I have played, I decided to play another one against the Nuggets. Bad Idea. Both teams were playing pretty good at the half. The score was 55 to 49 with the Kings down 6. Carmelo Anthony had 20 points but luckly K-mart was on fire with 18 of his own to keep us in the game. Well, the closeness of the game soon disappeared with the start of the second half. Once again the AI presses the cheat button. My team cannot make a basket no matter how hard we try. Also we pick up fouls on nearly every trip down the floor, Offensive and Defensive. By the end of the game I'm trailing 121 to 100.... Kmart who was on fire and had 18 at the half... only has 20 by the end of the game. Carmelo Anthony has 45 points on 20-25 shooting, Chauncy Billups has 21 points 15 ast, and Jr Smith has 22 points.

The nearly every player on the Nuggets has 1 foul, a strategy the AI uses to keep its players out of foul trouble but make the calls seem "fair". Nocioni has 5 fouls and Tyreke Evans has 4 on my team. O yeah, and Chauncy "the wall" Billups holds Tyreke Evans to 4 points, 2 of them coming from free throws. I mean seriously? I was trying to use Tyreke the entire game and all I get is 1 field goal. K-Mart is held to 2 points in the second half while Carmelo Anthony puts up 25? I don't even stand a chance with the computer playing like that. I understand that Carmelo puts up 45 in real life... but EVERY SINGLE GAME I PLAY some guy puts up numbers like that. The opposing teams point guard is also a lock for 13+ assists per game on me. I have players like Chris Duhon putting up 20 assists on me on a regular basis. There is nothing I can do....

I think the've upgraded the rosters, now Casspi appears with a 3-pointer circle.

BTW I was going to win the Cavs for the first time (including a buzzer beat by Omri from the middle of the court in the 3rd quarter ) and the other guy disconected! 20seconds left, +6, and the guys disconnects :mad: I hate these kind of people.

Q: Any1 know if they're going to leave Hawes and McGuire on the roster 'hurt' the entire offseason? That seems a little ridiculous.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that still can't get enough of this game? :D

I'm on my 5th year of Association... 3 titles in 4 years so far. Here's what my roster looks like:

C - Ade Enyeama (late 1st round pick from Nigeria in his 3rd year. Beast)
PF - Tim Duncan (Signed as a FA in year 4)
SF - Hedo Turkoglu (Traded for this year)
SG - Trevor Ariza (Came in a Kevin & JT for Landry & Ariza deal 4 years ago)
PG - Tyreke Evans (3 time MVP)

Bench:
Antawn Jamison (traded for this year)
Donte Greene (Consistently developed and currently team's best shooter)
Sean McKinney (Drafted last year, attitude, great defense, young Artest)
Sean Richardson (NBDL signee, prolific scorer, backup to Reke)
Nicholas Simmons (Young Jamison type, 4th big, drafted last year)

Deep Bench:
Omri Casspi (Role player, good shooter, scrappy.. plays when needed)
Mike Bibby (Downside of career, happy to be deep bench role player/mentor)
Tom Harlan (R) (3rd PG, Prospect)
Tommy Stevens (2nd year Center, NBDL last year, hasn't played an NBA game)
Billy Slater (Prospect received in trade with Toronto)

I'm in season 2010/2011 and my Kings lineup is:

Evans/Ray Allen/Price
Harden/Ray Allen
Greene/Casspi/Hayward
JT/Ibaka/Brockman
Cousins/Gortat

trading is far too easy.