The NBA2K10 thread (merged)

The one thing I hate about new sports games is that you always suck when you first start playing... I always play my games on the highest difficulty and in NBA2k9 I found a good win/lose balance on hall of fame difficulty. At the moment in nba2k10 im getting stomped 18 to 2... If the game isn't all that different why am I getting destroyed.

Last edited:
i wish the online would work.. overall 2k10 is good but it has alot of bugs, its like they released the game before it was done. hopefully they come out with some patches. Evans is a beast tho. I dropped 22 pts, 12 asts 3 stls wit him on the raptors.

My observations from playing the game so far...

-Tyreke is good on offense, I just haven't figured out how to use him perfectly yet.

-They really screwed with Kevin Martin's shot... in 2k9 it took longer than most releases to get the shot off, now he has the quickest release in the game. Its ok for mid range shots, but as far as free throws and 3's I brick it every time...

-Casspi is a baller... one of the better offensive players on the team despite having the worst rating. Not exactly sure how that works but its just what ive noticed when I play.

- Garcia and Thompson are just right.

-Hawes has a really akward shot and it makes it very tough to hit anything from the outside...

Those are some standouts from me so far while playing the game on Hall of Fame.

Downloaded 2010 Draft class top ten, drafted John Wall.

Wall and Evans in the backcourt - most explosive backcourt in the NBA.

Bout to trade Kmart....I am horrible with him.

I've got my copy of 2k10 :D, now i just need work to be over, so i can go home and play it...

I've got a 360 and haven't played games online before. I assume i need to get the Xbox Gold Membership to be able to play others online?

If so, do you think its worth the $100?

I've got my copy of 2k10 :D, now i just need work to be over, so i can go home and play it...

I've got a 360 and haven't played games online before. I assume i need to get the Xbox Gold Membership to be able to play others online?

If so, do you think its worth the $100?
$100? i payed 38.99 for 13 months of xbox live...

the kings are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. at least tyreke can get to the basket whenever he wants and at least they look so sweet in those black jerseys

Last time i checked it was approx $100, but that's Australian dollars...

Our dollar has been pretty strong of late, so maybe it's gone down.
Nope, just found an Australian Games store website that has 12 months for $89.95. Do you think the extra features and online game play is worth paying that?

Nope, just found an Australian Games store website that has 12 months for $89.95. Do you think the extra features and online game play is worth paying that?
Well there is a lot of offline options like my player mode and association. But my favorite thing to do is play online, especialy team up. Overall I'd say it's worth it.

save the game to your harddrive, and if you are using default broadcast camera turn key zoom off
I'm having those same lag issues w/'Press' & 'Showtime' camera angles. Only offline tho; go fig.
Can U PLS explain step-by-step where that is located on the console, the save 2 hard drive option?

Thanx.

EDIT: Fig'd it out; thanx N.E.way

Last edited:
the kings are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. at least tyreke can get to the basket whenever he wants and at least they look so sweet in those black jerseys
yah there so bad its not even fun playing with them. they cant get rebounds at all...the servers are terrible for this game.. and the game is a big let down compared to last years 2k.. i'm hoping the patch they come out with will fix some things... but i dont think they will be able to fix the defense.. they should of never taken out the "lock on d"... i geuss ill just be playing alot of nhl 10 & modern warfare 2 this year.

yah there so bad its not even fun playing with them. they cant get rebounds at all...the servers are terrible for this game.. and the game is a big let down compared to last years 2k.. i'm hoping the patch they come out with will fix some things... but i dont think they will be able to fix the defense.. they should of never taken out the "lock on d"... i geuss ill just be playing alot of nhl 10 & modern warfare 2 this year.
They are working on a patch. I don't think the game is a let down... it actually has so many improvements to what was already an excellent basketball game. It isn't a re-birth of the 2k series but it doesnt need to be.

i just played against the lakers in the playoffs... i was beating em bad i was shocked when the crowd was chanting we want tacos.. come 4th qtr... i mean lol

Welp, they finally made the update last WKend, & Marty-Mar (hurt), Gar-Gar (hurt), & Mason (waived) are off the roster.
I guess I won't be playing online w/this team until late JAN when Marty-Mar's due back. I @ least need Marty-Mar in the line-up to compete online.
I'd like to start Omri @ SF over Nocioni, but they need to update his speed. He's slow as balls in the game. Same w/Greene, he's to slow in the game. He's very athletic on the court, but in the game, they have him moving as slow as Hawes/Thompson.