The morning after and other news, rumors, etc.

and what exactly can be done about that? this is the internet we're talking about here, a cesspool of miserable trolls furiously punching away at their keyboards. if sacramento kings fans want to reflect KJ's classy approach to this entire ordeal, they would be so much better served not throwing bottles of lighter fluid onto the fire...
I don't think rejoicing here amongst our fellow kingsfans is pouring lighter fluid on the fire. I don't go to their site to post. I will not breathe a sigh of relief until the new owners are voted in however, so I'm still interested what they are thinking. It would be a lot nicer if Hansen would bow out gracefully.

If Hansen/Balmer ever want to own a team, they had better choose their next words and moves very carefully. As a wise poster here said not long ago "if you shoot at the king, you had better kill him."

If Hansen/Balmer ever want to own a team, they had better choose their next words and moves very carefully. As a wise poster here said not long ago "if you shoot at the king, you had better kill him."
I think Hansen is a loose cannon but Ballmer will either reel him in or cut ties and find another face to run the expansion.

Hansen is a giant Cuban-esque headache waiting to happen.

I don't think rejoicing here amongst our fellow kingsfans is pouring lighter fluid on the fire. I don't go to their site to post. I will not breathe a sigh of relief until the new owners are voted in however, so I'm still interested what they are thinking. It would be a lot nicer if Hansen would bow out gracefully.
of course rejoicing here amongst fellow kings fans is not pouring lighter fluid on the fire. but those who visit the sonics' message boards and report back here with tales of woe and delusion from seattle is pouring lighter fluid on the fire. i find it in poor taste, and i think it needed to be said...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Meh... what the folks at Stomachs Rising and other Seattle sites have to say is really of no interest to me. I only care about seeing the new owners in place ASAP taking care of business, hiring a GM getting a plan for next season in place and making moves. As for Hansen and Balmer's press releases, beyond correcting their grammar I will just quote the Bard

"It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28

of course rejoicing here amongst fellow kings fans is not pouring lighter fluid on the fire. but those who visit the sonics' message boards and report back here with tales of woe and delusion from seattle is pouring lighter fluid on the fire. i find it in poor taste, and i think it needed to be said...
I agree 100%. I don't think we should be copying their posts here. They're angry, and I don't blame them for that. But I don't (personally) see any point in reading through their angry words, much less posting responses. Do you really think you're going to convince any of them that we deserved to keep this team? You're just fueling the anger by posting over there, and posting here isn't doing much good either. My two cents.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And I agreed, hence my comments. BUT I'm not going to bother to argue the point any further. Hansen and Ballmer and all things Seattle simply aren't going to live rent-free in my brain any longer. If others want to belabor the point, they're pretty much free to do so provided they follow the rules of the board. :)

In other news, I just greeted the Fed Ex driver at the door and gleefully opened my package from the Kings Team Store. My brand new black #15 jersey! I had wanted but didn't want to buy it only to have to put it away with all my other Kings memorabilia if things didn't go our way. I had a great email exchange with one of the clerks at the team store, who closed her email with #HereWeStay! I'm happy for all of those good people who have worked so hard in all the jobs we fans take for granted.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
And I agreed, hence my comments. BUT I'm not going to bother to argue the point any further. Hansen and Ballmer and all things Seattle simply aren't going to live rent-free in my brain any longer. If others want to belabor the point, they're pretty much free to do so provided they follow the rules of the board. :)

In other news, I just greeted the Fed Ex driver at the door and gleefully opened my package from the Kings Team Store. My brand new black #15 jersey! I had wanted but didn't want to buy it only to have to put it away with all my other Kings memorabilia if things didn't go our way. I had a great email exchange with one of the clerks at the team store, who closed her email with #HereWeStay! I'm happy for all of those good people who have worked so hard in all the jobs we fans take for granted.
Since I already have my black #15 I keep debating what to order for my self here dare I order a #13?

For real. We dont have to worry about Hansen anymore, no matter what he says. Time to worry about getting the family Magoof the **** outta here as fast as possible, before they do anything vindictive like trade DMC for cash considerations. We need those guys out of Sac and on to their next failed venture (like Zing Vodka - red velvet cake flavored swill endorsed by noted woman abuser Chris Brown, you cant make this **** up).

Also, the sooner we have new ownership in place the better. We are going to need new scouts, GM, coach, trainers, ballboys, you name it. Then we have the draft and free agency.
Hopefully this offseason isnt a bust (although, getting rid of the Maloofs is better for this franchise than landing the #1 pick)...Although if we suck again next season due to lack of moves we'll be getting a high pick in what is supposed to be an amazing draft.

Time to look forward people! For once, I can finally talk **** to my friends who are Lakers fans and tell them our team will be better than theirs in 3 years and actually believe myself! We're on the cusp of a new era!!
Can't wait to buy Zing....after the Maloof's run that venture into the ground and it's on the clearance rack for 2 bucks! :D

Has anyone watched Sonicsgate:Requiem for a Team, the documentary film revolving around the Sonics relocating to Oklahoma?

Should watch that film, shines a better insight to what Sonics fans are about.
They're the same as any other hardcore fan of any other sport, art, or interest...

So.. make what you will of it..

Kingster

Hall of Famer
you post this a lot, but you do realize that tyreke evans hasn't started at PG in about two seasons, right?
You do realize that Tyreke, while not starting at pg, has continued to play the pg position from time to time, right?:D I think Gary wants him banished from the position altogether. So if every pg on the team goes down with injury, Tyreke should still play the two or three.:D

You do realize that Tyreke, while not starting at pg, has continued to play the pg position from time to time, right?:D I think Gary wants him banished from the position altogether. So if every pg on the team goes down with injury, Tyreke should still play the two or three.:D
hahaha yeah, good luck with that approach...

;)

evans' style of play is suited to occasional time at the PG, particularly as match-up advantages dictate. banishing him from the position altogether is a fool's errand, unless a team happens to have sufficient depth at the PG position. the kings do not. as far as the starting position is concerned, i'm just hoping for a beno udrih-like guard who can play a tad more defense than beno ever did. THAT is an ideal scenario for a team built around demarcus cousins and tyreke evans. anyway, off-topic, and all that. back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I am just as guilty as anyone to have overplayed the Evans at pg card but after 4 years of watching him play my opinion on him is a positive one. Whether at the 1, 2, 3 I want him on my team.

Didn't see this posted:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/30/5383817/after-nba-committee-vote-sacramento.html

Mayor Kevin Johnson said today the Sacramento contingent is still trying to understand how the next two weeks will play out, but that the group hopes to have a deal finalized by the time the NBA's Board of Governors votes on the matter May 15. The purchase would need to be accepted by the Maloofs, who currently own the team.

So the work now is to finalize the purchase and get the Maloofs to accept it, then get it approved at the same BOG meeting where they deny relocation.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It's his thing. It's what he does. :) I was kidding him in another thread that he didn't sound like the old Gary.
I have been worried about Gary a great deal. I find myself agreeing with him, I find his notes intelligent and insightful AND I find him to be well versed in the topics at hand.

WHO IS WRITING NOTES FOR GARY AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM !!!!!

What do the Maloofs have left ? They want the money now or they wait ?
At this point, there's still the possibility that the Maloofs continue to throw monkey wrenches. Hansen's defiance means that it is very possible that the Maloofs will be defiant as well. Will the NBA push them to take the Sac offer quickly? Probably, so in the end it probably won't matter. But I don't think it is a certainty that this last step will be painless.

And of course, the other part is that the Sac investors need to get their money together. That has been the issue all along, and they're following through but doing it more slowly than is ideal. If they can get a big chunk (20-50%) in escrow this Friday as has been reported, I'm sure that will help. Anything to head off any attempt by the Maloofs to deny the deal with them should be done if possible, especially now that we know that the NBA wants the team in Sacramento.

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 3h
LeBron to Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson: "A special, a real, real special shout out to Kevin Johnson, a dear friend of mine.''
LeBron in purple would look mighty fine

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
At this point, there's still the possibility that the Maloofs continue to throw monkey wrenches. Hansen's defiance means that it is very possible that the Maloofs will be defiant as well. Will the NBA push them to take the Sac offer quickly? Probably, so in the end it probably won't matter. But I don't think it is a certainty that this last step will be painless.

And of course, the other part is that the Sac investors need to get their money together. That has been the issue all along, and they're following through but doing it more slowly than is ideal. If they can get a big chunk (20-50%) in escrow this Friday as has been reported, I'm sure that will help. Anything to head off any attempt by the Maloofs to deny the deal with them should be done if possible, especially now that we know that the NBA wants the team in Sacramento.
Not really. In the end what the BM want/need is money. They have the same check coming to them regardless who's bid wins. Now that the hand writing is on the wall I doubt they will put much/any effort into antics that only act to delay payday.

Actually, I disagree with you here.

It isn't "did they do enough to have the Kings relocate" - it is "has Sacramento done enough to still be the home of the Kings."

Seattle did enough to get a team, no question. But Sacramento did enough to keep the Kings. They are two separate questions and do not bear on each other.
Agree completely. Yesterday's action was not about Seattle, it was about
Sacramento. The decision was that Sacramento, it's financing, it's arena plans, it's fan support allowed no justification for moving the franchise.

I wish the wealthy Seattle duo, that community, their fans, nothing but good luck. They are just as good a bunch as they have always been. Here's to the Kings beating th Sonics in the near future.

let's hope the transfer of ownership goes well and as soon as possible.

Last edited:
should read "if you come at the king, you best not miss." and I do hope you know where it's from. although, not knowing might actually be better, since it'd mean you'd have missed one of the greatest shows in TV history.

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 30m

I asked an NBA spokesman if another FINANCE committee meeting was scheduled and the reply: "There is nothing scheduled." #NBAKings

Looks like the NBA has its mind made up, just two more weeks.

Not really. In the end what the BM want/need is money. They have the same check coming to them regardless who's bid wins. Now that the hand writing is on the wall I doubt they will put much/any effort into antics that only act to delay payday.
That's still speculation. The possibilities I mentioned are still there.