The Carmichael Dave thread

#approriaptebump

Just heard about what happened.

My condolences.

Well, at least the real estate market is doing so well you got that to fall back on. /sarcasm

I really hope you don't have an NDA and can speak to what happened. You have supported this community and our beloved Kings for quite sometime. I hope for your family you find yourself in a better position in the near future. Besides, who wants to get up at 4AM every day? Right?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Major kudos to Dave for all he's done. He was ALWAYS a fan first. I hope you see this, Dave, and that you drop in once in a while.

I have no doubt that Dave will land on his feet. Sacramento has not seen the last of Carmichael Dave. Shame on CBS Radio and whomever else (code for Maloofs) who pulled strings or whatever to get him taken off the air. Kudos to Sam Amick for taking Howdy Doody to task for his ridiculous drivel.

Dave, you da man. If there's anything this sweet little old lady can do to help, let me know. ;)

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

Thanks for everything Dave, you have the respect of many, for doing what others in similar positions won't, which is tell the truth. Thanks for rallying the troops, for Here We Stay, and most importantly, for being an honest person.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Sam amick tweeted about the magoofs possible involvement in this and grant slammed him. Amick pretty much shut him up with his response.
Link? Some of us don't tweet, you know, and it would be nice to see what is going on.

Thanks.

Edit - I tracked it down:

http://twitter.com/#!/Sam_Amick

Hey @grantnapearshow, it's called transparency & objectivity. Try it some time, especially when it's your protege. Team PR man attacks again

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Warhawk - Check the Carmichael Dave Appreciation thread in the main forum. I posted several of the Amick tweets. :)

Warhawk

Staff member
Warhawk - Check the Carmichael Dave Appreciation thread in the main forum. I posted several of the Amick tweets. :)
Yeah, I saw that after. I was just saying if folks are going to reference a twitter post or online article, link the darn thing so everyone can see what the heck you are talking about.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Sure hope this is not another nail in the Kings coffin. Just for programming eh? Convince me of that. Even down here I listen occasionally to Dave on KHTKAM.com and always thought he was THE real voice of Kings doins in Sactown. My best to you Dave.

I listened religiously to Dave since he first had his night show up to about 3/4 months ago he's the best. What has he been saying on his show lately? And to you Maloofs this is going to blow up in your face SO BAD one day just you watch you freakin DB's! Boycott KHTK from now on. KHTK = Kings hold the keys

Warhawk

Staff member
Just wanted to pipe in and say thanks to Dave for his unwavering desire to keep the Kings and his efforts on that front. You are a lot better to listen to than Don's stupid crap! They should dump him and keep you instead. Good luck wherever you land!

We should split this thread so we have one Carmichael Dave thread and one "Grant is, undeniably, a paid mouthpiece for the mafools" thread.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We should split this thread so we have one Carmichael Dave thread and one "Grant is, undeniably, a paid mouthpiece for the mafools" thread.
Good idea. I moved the Grant rhetoric into its own thread but had to use a shorter title. ;)

Thanks very much for posting this VF21. Since Dave lives in the county hope he does indeed run for board of supervisors position at some point as mentioned - just missing deadline to file this time around.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Latest from CD on Twitter:

Carmichael Dave ‏ @CarmichaelDave

While in at it, I haven't thanked the staff at KHTK. Nearly everyone has called, some in tears, to offer love. A true family. Good peeps.

I've spoken about Don, but I also have to point out how @GrantNapearShow has been there for me. Like an older brother, has my back period.

I see how people rip Grant, and I get it. Just know that if I was ever in a dark alley, he's my first call. Mentor from day one. All class.

There are those at the station I'll deal with in time. I can't respond to every rumor as to "what happened". But right now, I'm cool.

Just a few weeks ago, I had 7 1/2 hours a day of prime radio time to speak my mind. Bit of a knee jerk to go to zero. Major adjustment.

Someone asked me last night if I would still do the arena stuff knowing how everything turned out. Thought for 1.1 seconds: ABSOLUTELY

Point is, no new arena, no job, fine. Not fine,but I am damned proud of everything me and all others have done over the last year. Period.

I wouldn't change a thing, other than the outcome. Is it fair? Damn right it's not fair, but neither is life. Bigger problems exist.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And more:

Sometimes you can work hard,be loyal, be honest,and still take a fastball to the chin. You can cry or extend a middle finger. Not crying.

Anyone who thinks I'm going to take my lumps and go away quietly doesn't know me. It's on MFers. :) Free agency has privileges.

People ask me if I could ever go back. Don't think so, unless.... I went hologram style. #DavePac

And don't get me wrong. I'm not going all postal. I will always take the high road. I love my colleagues and wish them the best.

In the end, this will be a good thing.I just wasn't ready, and may never understand.Everyone goes thru it,I'm no different. Its ok 2 B mad.

Last edited:
Just want to say thanks for everything Dave. You were and still are my favorite sports radio host. I really appreciate everything you have done for Sacramento.

Carmichael Dave, I don't really know you personally, but I feel like I know you man! lol. I have been listening to you since you were a great caller, I think I was even in high school during that time. I have listened to you make it as an intern, news update guy, and finally getting your own show; not to mention when you met your wife and had kids. I feel so bad for you man, I know this was your dream. Like others said though, this will work out for the best.

I know you probably can't say much but I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I was ecstatic when you got your night show and then when you moved to days as well. One thing I never understood was why did they keep taking your show off the air and moving you around? Was it bad ratings? I felt like you were the best show on khtk and yet you always got jerked around.