The Carmichael Dave thread

If the Malloofs and KJ get one, Dave should as well.

I know he posts here on occasion, so this is one that might actually get read by the person we are thanking.

Dave, thanks for all you did and continue to do. You publicly forced this issue and I think it helped pave the way for the Mayor to do what he did. The grassroots effort you led was nothing short than amazing.

Also, I was listening to you today running out to an appointment where you were talking about calling out the Mayors office, specifically RE, and how you wouldn't change a thing. I think those are some of the things that were invaluable to getting this done.

K

Kingsguy881

Dave, you look like Ben Rothlisberger but act with a lot more class. Congrats, good job, and thanks for everything.

Never met Dave but thanks to his efforts we are now where we are. Surely, he was motivated by his love for the Kings and perhaps dug down deep for inspiration from other men and their words. Perhaps, George Bernard Shaw "Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not". Thank you Dave.

You guys humble me.

The thanks goes to the Mayor, and the LEGIONS of nameless, faceless fans that didn't have the benefit of a microphone and a 50,000 watt radio station.

Bottom line, they should change the term "Hollywood Ending" to "Sacramento Ending".

Congratulations to all of us, united by our love for this team, and this city.

And just because I don't post doesn't mean I don't lurk. Big time indeed :)

Love the show Dave!

Thanks for all your efforts towards the new arena. When things were really bleak last year you carried on and it has led to success.

KB

What happened to Carmichael Dave?

I just heard on Grant's show that carmichael dave is no longer a part of CBS radio. I know that he has been missing from Don Geronimos show also. Anyone have any info??

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dave announced about an hour ago on Twitter that he was no longer part of CBS Radio. Don Geronimo said "this is part of radio that sucks." From what I could gather, the official line is that Dave and CBS were unable to come to terms as far as a new contract is concerned.

I've known Dave for a long time. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors and I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of him.

I recall back when Ron Artest was with the Rockets that Carmichael Dave went to Houston on at least one or more occasions for some radio appearances and interviews for possible job there. It was said sports radio positon in H-town was to pay far more than whatever crumbs Dave was earning in Sac at the time. Some of the story was tossed around at the time on Houston's ClutchFans.net website. His loyalty to Sac kept him from pursing the offer but maybe he should have struck when the iron was hot elsewhere.

I think after this arena situation, I have had enough with 1140 the Fan...Sacramento.

First they got rid of Jim Kozimor
Then the Sacramento Monarchs get canned
Then they eliminate their local programming after 7pm and on weekends
Then they let the Rise Guys walk out the door
Then they replace them with that "boob" Don Geronimo
Then they add a punk arse 2 hour show at 10am with Dave, WHICH NEVER STARTED UNTIL 10:30, but at least they thoroughly covered the arena issue.

Then they let Carmichael Dave walk out the door, with very little local sports programming other than the Maloof's mouth piece Napear.

WHAT NEXT AT THIS SO CALLED SPORTS RADIO STATION!!

Dave, can you please respond and tell us what is the future of Sports Radio in Sacramento!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jim Crandell has tweeted that he'll be talking about Carmichael Dave tonight at 10 on Ch. 40. My avatar - blatantly stolen from Fireplug - is to show support for Carmichael Dave.

Last edited:
I think after this arena situation, I have had enough with 1140 the Fan...Sacramento.

First they got rid of Jim Kozimor
Then the Sacramento Monarchs get canned
Then they eliminate their local programming after 7pm and on weekends
Then they let the Rise Guys walk out the door
Then they replace them with that "boob" Don Geronimo
Then they add a punk arse 2 hour show at 10am with Dave, WHICH NEVER STARTED UNTIL 10:30, but at least they thoroughly covered the arena issue.

Then they let Carmichael Dave walk out the door, with very little local sports programming other than the Maloof's mouth piece Napear.

WHAT NEXT AT THIS SO CALLED SPORTS RADIO STATION!!

Dave, can you please respond and tell us what is the future of Sports Radio in Sacramento!!
yeah khtk is becoming a joke.

Jim Crandell has tweeted that he'll be talking about Carmichael Dave tonight at 10 on Ch. 40. My avatar - blatantly stolen from Fireplug - is to show support for Carmichael Dave.
I'm glad you clarified your new avatar. I saw it first on another post and for a second I was wondering - "I Love Cross Dressing":) Will definitely be watching Ch. 40 news tonight.

Really nothing revealed. It was not an interview, just very brief report with Crandell saying what we mostly already knew. Dave is gone from KHTK but no reason as yet given why he was let go.

He wasn't fired, they didn't offer him a new contact. He said it had nothing to do with money and would have worked there for almost nada.

Dave doesn't fault don, who is the pd but not senior management. Little Jo tweeted it was an upper management decision.

If you recall on black Friday, don said they kept handing him notes saying "easy they might be here next year". Dave was calling for Burkle that day and several days latter on twitter. I recall Dave saying something to a caller on his show about trying not to get fired.

The maloofs called for his head a month ago and khtk let his contract run out.

He wasn't fired, they didn't offer him a new contact. He said it had nothing to do with money and would have worked there for almost nada.

Dave doesn't fault don, who is the pd but not senior management. Little Jo tweeted it was an upper management decision.

If you recall on black Friday, don said they kept handing him notes saying "easy they might be here next year". Dave was calling for Burkle that day and several days latter on twitter. I recall Dave saying something to a caller on his show about trying not to get fired.

The maloofs called for his head a month ago and khtk let his contract run out.
If true, another reason to hate the Maloofs. I really wish CD all the best.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
According to Dave, he wasn't fired. His "contract was not continued due to mutual agreement or something like that." Which, of course, translates into "we'll give you a nice severance package and you won't talk about how we fired you."