Supervillain Draft Thread - Team write-ups and post draft rankings

Mwuhaha!

So, you've decided to be Evil. Excellent, the world has gone on long enough not bowing to your whim as it is. I see you've already chosen an active volcano on a heavily fortified deserted island as your secret lair. Goood, goood, I admire a villain who stays true to the classics.

Thus far, your nefarious plot is running smoothly (an expected testament to your genius) and now it's time to move onto phase two. But no self respecting mastermind would ever get his/her own hands dirty. World domination and/or destruction can easily be executed from the comforts of your own secret chambers; you didn't get WiFi in here for nothing! However, you're going to need a group of black hearted enforcers to ensure your will is obeyed

Fortunately, the CBA for the Bad Guys Union has expired leaving all the universe's villains as free agents for the summer. But you better act fast, there are no doubt similar (but naturally lesser) masterminds with your top choices on their speed dial.

After much dilberation with your otherwise useless underlings, you've decided "six" (6) is just the "sinister" number you need (Villains also ignore copyright laws).

Rules:
-Six (6) Round Draft (Boomerang)
-Drafters take turns in a predetermined order selecting villains to fill out his/her roster. Once a villain is picked he/she cannot be chosen again. Once selections are complete, drafters will individually rank the rosters (excluding their own).
-24 hour time limit for each pick starting as soon as the drafter prior makes a selection. If deadline passes, selection will move to next drafter who then has priority. Skipped drafter can make a selection at any time (Jespher will be enforcing this rule and making decisions regarding forfeited picks.)
-All Villains from Comics/Literature/Film/Television/Theater and any other medium you can think of are available (as long as it can be verified). For the purposes of the draft, we're going to use the Webster's definition of villain (mainly to weed out those pesky "anti-heroes")

1. a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrel.

2. a character in a play, novel, or the like, who constitutes an important evil agency in the plot.

-As of now, "real life" historical villains will not be allowed. The reasons for this rule are two-fold: 1) I would rather avoid the moral implications of drafting and voting on a team with an Adolf Hitler/Charles Manson core. 2) I do not want this fun, tongue-in-cheek draft to devolve into a tedious debate on which real life persons deserve the title as Villain. Ex: Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) is considered by some a national hero in Romania while there are factions in the US who believe Abraham Lincoln should be tried for War Crimes. However, if a powerful arguement can be made to desuade me, I'll reconsider.

-Also as of now, "villains" from ancient mythology WILL be allowed, but evil or dark entities from religions still in practice WILL NOT. This is for similar reasons as the "real life" rule as I do not want debates as to whether Satan is a "real life" villain or if Kali is evil or not. For the purposes of the draft, if a religion is still being widely practiced, those entities are real and fit into the above rule.

-The "heroes" side has an "earthbound" rule stating a villain must either live on or be able to travel to Earth. We're going to consider that a "guideline" rather than an actual rule so if you can find a clever way to skirt around it (even using the powers of a previously selected villain), by all means. The "heroes" have the home field advantage in defending earth and we'll need to pull out all the stops. Besides, we're evil. We cheat.

-Yes, we will be going head-to-head with the heroes. This draft is running in tandeum with the superheroes draft and when both are finished, the playoffs will be structured as such:

Heroes vs. Villains
H1 vs. V16
H2 vs. V15
H15 vs. V2
H16 vs. V1

It will run as a normal single elimination playoff format from then on regardless if two hero squads or villain squads face each other.

-Ultimately (and we've seen this in every other draft) the votes will be determined by the criteria of the individual voter. But for our purposes, attention should be placed in both how each villain functions in your master plan (whether it be to conquer and enslave or destory the Earth) AND how the villains chosen work as a team. Plus, you might want to explain how and why an omnipotent being would listen to some wackjob in a volcano.

Here are our Evil Masterminds:

Löwenherz
Jespher
AleksandarN
bdouble013
NoBonus
vikinginferno
NME
venom_7
tradepeja
Spike

The New Recruits:

Bricklayer
GoGoGadget
Mad D
Monty'sBiggestFan
Kingsnation
EndGame

Which brings us to our sinister 16.

Goood, goood.

Last edited:
Supervillain Draft Thread - Round One

Vikinginferno - P.A.I.N. (Play, Annhilate, Intimidate, Neutralize)
1. Galactus - Marvel Comics
2. Godzilla - Godzilla
3. Agent Smith - The Matrix
4. Emma Frost - Marvel Comics
5. Abomination - Marvel Comics
6. Chucky - Child's Play

AleksandarN - The Masters of Their Domain
1. Anti-Monitor - DC
2. The Master - Doctor Who
3. Freddy Krueger - A Nightmare on Elm Street
4. Diana - V
5. Skynet - The Terminator
6. Khan - Star Trek

venom_7 - The Midnight Company
Midnight Company Handbook
1. Venom - Marvel Comics
2. Sylar - Heroes
3. Count Dracula - Bram Stoker's Dracula
4. Ganon/Ganondorf - The Legend of Zelda
5. Ozymandius aka Adrian Veidt - DC
6. The Black Queen - Marvel Comics

Jespher - D-Day "The Matrix Project"
1. The Grim Reaper - Various Mythologies
2. Mephisto - Marvel Comics
3. The Sliver Queen - Magic The Gathering
4. The Matrix Mainframe - The Matrix
5. Akasha - The Queen of the Damned
6. The Nothing - The Neverending Story

bdouble013
1. Doomsday - DC
2. Lord Voldemort - Harry Potter
3. Magneto - Marvel Comics
4. The Lich King (Arthas) - World of Warcraft
5. Morgoth - Lord of the Rings
6. Lady Deathstrike - Marvel Comics

tradepeja
1. The Joker - DC
2. Benjamin Linus - Lost
3. Don Michael Corleone - The Godfather
4. G-Man - Half-Life
5. Mr. Henry F. Potter - It's A Wonderful Life
6. John Daniel "Jack" Torrence - The Shining

Spike - The Deciders
1. Darth Vader - Star Wars
2. Megatron - Transformers
3. The Hobgoblin - Marvel Comics
4. Sephiroth - Final Fantasy
5. General Zod - Superman
6. Trogdor the Burninator - Homestar Runner/Strong Bad Email

NME - S.C.A.R.E. (The Society for Cosmic Atrocity, Ruination and Evil)
1. The Beyonder - Marvel Comics
2. Loki - Marvel Comics
3. Proteus aka Mutant X - Marvel Comics
4. Parallax - DC
5. Zoom - DC
6. Deathstroke the Terminator - DC

Last edited:
Supervillain Draft Thread - Round One

Löwenherz
1. Cthulhu - The Call of Cthulhu
2. Diablo, Lord of Terror - Diablo
3. Alma Wade - F.E.A.R.
4. Chernabog - Disney's Fantasia
5. The Shrike - Hyperion Cantos
6. Eris, Goddess of Discord - Greek Mythology

NoBonus - Democratic Commission on Global Protection and Social Values
1. Emperor Palpatine - Star Wars
2. Apocalypse - Marvel Comics
3. Boba Fett - Star Wars
4. Gozer - Ghostbusters
5. The Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) - Marvel Comics
6. Rabbit of Caerbannog - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

EndGame
1. Thanos - Marvel Comics
2. Superboy Prime - DC
3. Sauron, Dark Lord of Mordor - Lord of the Rings
4. Imhotep - The Mummy
5. Vic Vega aka Mr. Blonde - Reservoir Dogs
6. King Ghidorah - Godzilla

Monty'sBiggestFan
1. Dr. Hannibal Lecter - The Silence of the Lambs
2. Darkseid - DC
3. T-1000 - Terminator 2
4. Darth Maul - Star Wars
5. IT/Pennywise - Stephen King's IT
6. The Predator - Predator

GoGoGadget
1. Bane - DC
2. Catwoman - DC
3. Maleficent - Disney's Sleeping Beauty
4. Harley Quinn - DC
5. Marsellus Wallace - Pulp Fiction
6. Audrey II - Little Shop of Horrors

Bricklayer
1. Doctor Doom - Marvel Comics
2. Pinhead - Hellraiser
3. The Terminatrix (T-X) - Terminator 3
4. Q - Star Trek
5. Mini-Me - Austin Powers
6. Pumpkinhead - Pumpkinhead

Mad D
1. The Juggernaut - Marvel Comics
2. Mister Mxyzptlk - DC
3. Zombie - Dawn of the Dead
4. Ares, God of War - Greek Mythology
5. Onslaught - Marvel Comics
6. The Alien Queen - Aliens

Kingsnation - Rulers of the Nations
1. Carnage - Marvel Comics
2. Lex Luthor - DC
3. Clover - Cloverfield
4. Mystique - Marvel Comics
5. Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
6. Baron Strucker - Marvel Comics

Last edited:
Mwuhaha! The new rules and explainations of the Villains draft are up, now that I've wrested control of the thread.

Not just for comic book fans! Pick your favorite villains of all time from any medium and get ready to square off against the heroes.

Remember, it's good to be bad.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If you're going to have to start with an unbalanced number, either just an odd number of participants, or by having less participants than the hero draft, I can fill in that last spot for you. Just no guarantees as to results.

Is there room for evil? I just finished creating a math test and am feeling particularly vile.
Evil is like Jell-O: there's always room for more. But considering the heroes have gone off and started their draft with 10, we're going to follow suit (so you're off the hook Brickie)

I'll do the randomizer thing, post the draft order and PM everyone who has signed up. I'm thinking first pick's 24 hour clock can begin at noon today, unless someone has objections.

Evil is like Jell-O: there's always room for more. But considering the heroes have gone off and started their draft with 10, we're going to follow suit (so you're off the hook Brickie)

I'll do the randomizer thing, post the draft order and PM everyone who has signed up. I'm thinking first pick's 24 hour clock can begin at noon today, unless someone has objections.
Let's do it!

Official randomized draft order:

1) vikinginferno

2) AleksandarN
3) venom_7
4) Jespher

5) bdouble013
6) tradepeja
7) Spike
8) NME
9) Löwenherz
10) NoBonus

vikinginferno's official 24 hour clock will begin at Noon PST.
Remember to PM the drafter who follows you.

Official randomized draft order:

1) vikinginferno
2) AleksandarN
3) venom_7
4) Jespher
5) bdouble013
6) tradepeja
7) Spike
8) NME
9) Löwenherz
10) NoBonus

vikinginferno's official 24 hour clock will begin at Noon PST.
Remember to PM the drafter who follows you.
This is a serpentine draft, right?

Yes it is ... I said "boomerang" just because I like the word.

And to be fair, we'll say the official 24 hour clock begins TOMORROW at noon PST, since this did just get started up suddenly. But if vikinginferno wants to make a pick before then, go for it. We won't start counting down the 24 hour clock until TOMORROW at noon PST

Yes it is ... I said "boomerang" just because I like the word.

And to be fair, we'll say the official 24 hour clock begins TOMORROW at noon PST, since this did just get started up suddenly. But if vikinginferno wants to make a pick before then, go for it. We won't start counting down the 24 hour clock until TOMORROW at noon PST
Seems more than fair...

Vikinginferno told me they wanted to select Kite Man with the first overall pick...

1st Appearance: Batman #133 (August 1960)

Superpowers: None
Abilities: Flying kite suit, kite-based weapons
Why He’s Lame: As I’m sure you guessed, he flies by way of a kite strapped to his back, and uses kite-based weapons for his crimes.

Hey, I have a few questions. First, we are the masterminds of the evil group and we are not nonexistent right?

Also, is the task to take over the world or is it anything we would like to do or is it to fight against the heroes?

Sorry, I just want a bit more of an explanation before I make my pick. Thanks.:)

Well, I am going to pick anyway. I know who I want. With the first pick of the supervillain draft I select...
Galactus!

Galactus is the ultimate villain and will be the leader of my team; he wields the Power Cosmic and has been described as "the most awesome living entity in the cosmos". Galactus can employ the Power Cosmic to produce nearly any effect he desires, including the molecular restructuring and transmutation of matter, the teleportation of objects — even the Golden Galaxy — across space or time, size-alteration, the projection of energy with indeterminable destructive force, the erection of nearly impenetrable force fields, the creation of interdimensional, and intra-dimensional portals, telepathy, telekinesis, and cosmic awareness on a universal scale. He can also resurrect himself if for some reason he dies. Galactus can bolster his own strength beyond any known system of measure. In addition, despite being a physical being, Galactus can adopt a manifestation (M-Body) from the Dimension of Manifestations in order to commune with abstract beings, such as Death and Eternity. Galactus has even shown the abilities to create sentient life in the form of a Tyrant as shown in the picture below:

Due to his vast power and intrinsic, natural role in the universal order, he considers himself better than everyone else and I agree with him on that and he should be able to lead my team to take over the planet and destroy everyone and everything necessary. He is the leader, the franchise player, the MJ.

Last edited:
Blast. Great 1st pick:). That would be my first choice as well. Hopefully, he will still be foiled by his former herald...The Silver Surfer!