Such a Sad day....

I wish you were right but most of the country don't care if the Kings move. The Maloofs dragged this out so long that most of the public see the move as inevitable, there would be little to no backlash.
I'm referring to local support for funding in the future more than public sentiment. There was a lot of work done to support an ownership group here and they are going to be left high and dry. I don't know that there aren't other midsize markets that don't want their local governments using this as an example in the future.

You're being logical about something that is totally emotional for a lot of us. If your girlfriend dumps you for a new guy, are you going to tell me you don't harbor resentment towards him?

People outside of Sacramento are going to view the whole situation differently than the locals. It doesn't mean either view is right or wrong. They're just different. It would be nice if people would just respect that all of us are going through a very trying time and we're going to react differently.
I get what you mean, but I don't even see Seattle itself as being the new guy. The new guy is Hansen-Ballmer. But anyway nevermind that, I sympathize with you all as Sac folks. Let's wait and see what happens first.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I DONT CARE!!!!!! Kick my off, gotta love internet tough guys LMAO. What a joke just like the city of sacmento!!

Unless that bye bye was meant for the kings, in that case my bad LMAO
You were warned. Take your troll act elsewhere.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
"They have no grounds to veto it."
Actually they do... Key Arena was declared unfit for NBA usage before the Sonics left. They might have to find somewhere else to play that's acceptable to the NBA before they're allowed to buy the team with the intent to move.

They can also use the elusive "in the best interests of the league" clause, but I'm not too hopeful in that regard since Hansen and group would be good for the NBA.

The best hope for the Kings at this point is to hope KJ and friends can come up with a counter-offer, giving the NBA two choices. If that happens, I'm willing to bet the BoG will go with those who want to keep the team where it is.

Actually they do... Key Arena was declared unfit for NBA usage before the Sonics left. They might have to find somewhere else to play that's acceptable to the NBA before they're allowed to buy the team with the intent to move.

They can also use the elusive "in the best interests of the league" clause, but I'm not too hopeful in that regard since Hansen and group would be good for the NBA.

The best hope for the Kings at this point is to hope KJ and friends can come up with a counter-offer, giving the NBA two choices. If that happens, I'm willing to bet the BoG will go with those who want to keep the team where it is.
I bet it happens. Based on the effort that KJ and Sacramento put forth to keep the team last year, the existing offer in Sacramento, the Maloofs, the Leagues desire to safeguard its reputation. No flinching.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I bet it happens. Based on the effort that KJ and Sacramento put forth to keep the team last year, the existing offer in Sacramento, the Maloofs, the Leagues desire to safeguard its reputation.
That's my hope/thought. There's been a lot of press about the die-hard fans in Sacramento. We're the underdogs. America loves a good underdog finds success story. If Stern and the BoG have a choice, I'm willing to bet they'll take the one that rewards the small market that fought with all its heart. Let's just hope KJ can pull one more miracle out of his hat.

did some research on this and found out both Burkle and AEG are Newsoms top contributors, trying to find some sort of link i guess.
Great work!! That's VERY intriguing stuff right there! I wonder how far along that 'plan' is??

Edit: I will definitely be talking to my boss about that in the morning.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Despite what the Maloofs have said i think a joint venture with Burkle at the helm ends up buying the team.

This is a dangerous time, but I think that's very much in play.

At the heart of this -- the big key factor -- is that the Maloofs can't complete a sale without NBA approval. If they could just do whatever they wanted, then they could screw us. Out of spite, out of greed or glory, whatever. But since they can't complete a sale without NBA approval, the key player in all this is the NBA. Been trying to make that point for years. Why I have been pleading with people to quit being dumb and get their butts in the seats for NBA facetime. If the NBA is Sacramento's friend, then the game is not over. The Maloofs might be children all they want, might want to screw over KJ, might want to pout about Burkle...but if the NBA won't let them sell the team to another market for no greater reason than spite, and the Burkle group, or another, has a serious offer competitive with the Seattle offer, then the Kings are going to end up staying. Under new ownership. Which was kinda what everybody has been hoping for.

I do think by going hot like this though that the Seattle group has effectively guaranteed itself a team. They'll either get the Kings if the NBA is complicit in all this, or they'll get an expansion team either for next year or the one following. The NBA won't want them to get so close, so excited and then go back on the scrap heap for a decade.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not a big fan of Gavin Newsom, but his involvement could be very interesting. Chris Lehane, Kevin Johnson and Gavin Newsom have the political savvy and connections; AEG and Burkle have the money and financial acumen. Could be some interesting ducks getting aligned.

im guessing that Newsoms role is in finding investors for the new ownership group. Burkle and aeg being his contributors tells me that he has rich connections to help KJ with

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
im guessing that Newsoms role is in finding investors for the new ownership group. Burkle and aeg being his contributors tells me that he has rich connections to help KJ with
If Hansen can get support from Microsoft and the Seattle crowd, it's highly likely Apple and the Silicon Valley crew could be lining up with Newsom. At least I'm hoping...

Being a turkish fan of Sacramento Kings since almost fifteen years and having followed Kings from Turkey, Italy and Israel over the years, what will disturb me most will be to lose the kingsfans community. I hope Kings will stay in Sacramento and I can continue reading Brick, VF21, Baja, captain and many many more virtual friends. If they move I will root for Cousins, Reke and Adelman. Maybe then I can start having a team to root for again someday,

This is a dangerous time, but I think that's very much in play.

At the heart of this -- the big key factor -- is that the Maloofs can't complete a sale without NBA approval. If they could just do whatever they wanted, then they could screw us. Out of spite, out of greed or glory, whatever. But since they can't complete a sale without NBA approval, the key player in all this is the NBA. Been trying to make that point for years. Why I have been pleading with people to quit being dumb and get their butts in the seats for NBA facetime. If the NBA is Sacramento's friend, then the game is not over. The Maloofs might be children all they want, might want to screw over KJ, might want to pout about Burkle...but if the NBA won't let them sell the team to another market for no greater reason than spite, and the Burkle group, or another, has a serious offer competitive with the Seattle offer, then the Kings are going to end up staying. Under new ownership. Which was kinda what everybody has been hoping for.

I do think by going hot like this though that the Seattle group has effectively guaranteed itself a team. They'll either get the Kings if the NBA is complicit in all this, or they'll get an expansion team either for next year or the one following. The NBA won't want them to get so close, so excited and then go back on the scrap heap for a decade.
well, the problem is that the league has no way to prove "spite." nor would they have a compelling reason to block the sale to hansen, should it hypothetically be completed tomorrow, unless kevin johnson has ron burkle or some other coalition of investors on speed dial prepared to submit a counteroffer.

i am not encouraged by this statement from johnson, though: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"We need to put ourselves in a position to find an ownership group and buyers to keep the team here in Sacramento." why must he "find an ownership group and buyers"? what's more, why does sacramento "need to put [itself] in a position" to do so? hasn't johnson been diligent on this front? hasn't he prepared for the possibility of a sale?

i'm a little confused, as i was under the impression that he was organizing behind the scenes. but it seems to me that KJ's just been waiting the maloofs out, which is a tenuous position, at best. either that or he has an ace in the hole (burkle) that he's choosing not to reveal at this time (which would be strange, considering burkle's prior involvement in arena negotiations has already been made public). if there's no buyer already in the wings, however, i'm skeptical of sacramento's chances.

the maloofs are obviously not keeping johnson apprised of their business dealings. he received today's news at the same time we did. and i imagine it takes time to line up the kind of serious investors necessary to negotiate a potential purchase of this magnitude. what if the seattle deal is consummated before johnson can find a legitimate local buyer? how's the nba gonna justify blocking the sale to hansen if there are no competing offers?

and here's the bottom line, folks: chris hansen would be good for the league. an nba team returning to seattle would be good for the league. the maloofs' exit from the ownership ranks would be good for the league. the kings remaining in sacramento with a new ownership group committed to winning would also be good for the league, but until such an ownership group materializes (and we have no proof that one will, while seattle has an ownership group already negotiating directly with the maloofs), this team's likely headed north...
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Padrino - I put some paragraphs in for you to make it easier to read. :)

You're seeing the glass as half empty, which is one interpretation. I'm seeing it as at least not being broken. I don't think KJ is putting all his cards on the table and he certainly hasn't gone all in quite yet. He's a politician and his press statement this evening was pure politics, giving just enough information to keep the loyal followers hopeful but not giving too much information to the other side.

You say there's no proof that an ownership group will materialize. I don't think KJ has just been sitting around whistling and waiting for the time to come when he has to start doing something.

As much as we all want to know all the answers right now, we're going to have to wait and see how this plays out. If I had to make a bet on either the Maloofs or Kevin Johnson, my money right now would be on the guy who hasn't shown himself to be a liar and a fool, a charlatan and hypocrite.

I hope KJ can put a deal together with new owners who will commit to Sacramento. But until that happens, the Kings are dead to me. The Maloof's have drove a wedge between me and the team I've followed for over a quarter century. I will never spend another dime on any Maloof product and in fact, I haven't even watched a game this year on television. I know .... we need to show support. I'm sorry but the time for support is over for me. I can't give any more hard earned money to those lying maloofs. They seem like they want to screw over the fans and the city of Sacramento so much they would prefer to sell the team to another city rather than negotiate with potential owners who would keep them here.

This whole things sucks but at least it's coming to a head now. Let's get it over with, they either stay or go. I do feel sorry for season ticket holders, they've already given those cheating liars their hard earned money for the season.

Bricklayer

I hope KJ can put a deal together with new owners who will commit to Sacramento. But until that happens, the Kings are dead to me. The Maloof's have drove a wedge between me and the team I've followed for over a quarter century. I will never spend another dime on any Maloof product and in fact, I haven't even watched a game this year on television. I know .... we need to show support. I'm sorry but the time for support is over for me. I can't give any more hard earned money to those lying maloofs. They seem like they want to screw over the fans and the city of Sacramento so much they would prefer to sell the team to another city rather than negotiate with potential owners who would keep them here.

This whole things sucks but at least it's coming to a head now. Let's get it over with, they either stay or go. I do feel sorry for season ticket holders, they've already given those cheating liars their hard earned money for the season.

Again, you need to rethink this, and in a hurry. The Maloofs are dead. They are gone. They are not coming back. They will not be the owners next year. Paying them or not paying them makes not one ounce of difference now i how long they will own the team. With this annoucement, it is clear now this is the final year. The NBA is a multi-billion dollar business, its not going to let one of its franchisees turn it into a headline churning joke.

But while the Maloofs are gone, the team, YOUR team, is not. And what your heart says is not important. Your head has to rule now. There is a brief period, a very brief period, maybe a month, maybe 6 weeks here, where Kings fans of all stripes and agaes are going to have one last chance to make some difference in the fate of their team. And this is it too -- one way or there other this is end game. No long drawn out committments. No just kicking the can down the road. You lose your team forever, or keep your team forever (or let's say 20-30 years) based on what happens right now. Anybody who sits this one out, ANYBODY, is effectively contributing to the former. And by the way giving the Maloofs exactly what they want, because its clear at this point that their ill will and malice have reached such a point that they are intentionally TRYING to steal your team away now. Do not let them. Do not play into their hands. Show up to a game whether you feel like it or not. If not for passion, then out of strategy. Outsmart those dumb****s. Be loud. Stick it to that family in the best way possible -- convince the NBA to deny their preferred sale. Force them to do exactly what they don't want to, and you do want them to, i.e. sell the team to local interests.

A month form now, everybody can go home and rest. But now, no matter what your instincts are you HAVE to show up. Believe me when I say it is the very last thing the Maloofs want to see you do. They are trying to make a killing and trying to move the team. They do not want anybody to rock that boat and mess up their schemes. If you showing up stops those things, you win, not them. The little $$ figure on your ticket becomes a very bitter parting pill for them. Be smart. Strike back.

I think this is the time when Kings fans need to step up and support the team. It's the last battle that will decide the war and I will do my best to support this team.

Again, you need to rethink this, and in a hurry. The Maloofs are dead. They are gone. They are not coming back. They will not be the owners next year. Paying them or not paying them makes not one ounce of difference now i how long they will own the team. With this annoucement, it is clear now this is the final year. The NBA is a multi-billion dollar business, its not going to let one of its franchisees turn it into a headline churning joke.

But while the Maloofs are gone, the team, YOUR team, is not. And what your heart says is not important. Your head has to rule now. There is a brief period, a very brief period, maybe a month, maybe 6 weeks here, where Kings fans of all stripes and agaes are going to have one last chance to make some difference in the fate of their team. And this is it too -- one way or there other this is end game. No long drawn out committments. No just kicking the can down the road. You lose your team forever, or keep your team forever (or let's say 20-30 years) based on what happens right now. Anybody who sits this one out, ANYBODY, is effectively contributing to the former. And by the way giving the Maloofs exactly what they want, because its clear at this point that their ill will and malice have reached such a point that they are intentionally TRYING to steal your team away now. Do not let them. Do not play into their hands. Show up to a game whether you feel like it or not. If not for passion, then out of strategy. Outsmart those dumb****s. Be loud. Stick it to that family in the best way possible -- convince the NBA to deny their preferred sale. Force them to do exactly what they don't want to, and you do want them to, i.e. sell the team to local interests.

A month form now, everybody can go home and rest. But now, no matter what your instincts are you HAVE to show up. Believe me when I say it is the very last thing the Maloofs want to see you do. They are trying to make a killing and trying to move the team. They do not want anybody to rock that boat and mess up their schemes. If you showing up stops those things, you win, not them. The little $$ figure on your ticket becomes a very bitter parting pill for them. Be smart. Strike back.
I'm not going to argue with that Brick, it does make some sense but we've already done that to the umpth degree and maloof's keep pulling the football away at the last minute.. I'm placing my hopes on KJ coming through for us with another owner who will keep them in Sac. The NBA knows the Sacramento fans are loyal and it's the idiot maloof's who are responsible for the attendance drop. At any rate, I'm glad to see this all coming to an end, one way or another.

Another thing is the maloof's are trying everything possible to take the team from Sacramento. They even prefer to sell them to a Seattle group rather than talk with Burkle who would keep them here. I can not bring myself to spend my hard earned money on a maloof product. I'm sorry if that makes me shallow but so be it.

Die maloof scum.

L

LWP777

I'm not going to argue with that Brick, it does make some sense but we've already done that to the umpth degree and maloof's keep pulling the football away at the last minute.. I'm placing my hopes on KJ coming through for us with another owner who will keep them in Sac. The NBA knows the Sacramento fans are loyal and it's the idiot maloof's who are responsible for the attendance drop. At any rate, I'm glad to see this all coming to an end, one way or another.

Another thing is the maloof's are trying everything possible to take the team from Sacramento. They even prefer to sell them to a Seattle group rather than talk with Burkle who would keep them here. I can not bring myself to spend my hard earned money on a maloof product. I'm sorry if that makes me shallow but so be it.

Die maloof scum.
It doesn't make you shallow at all. I'm in the same boat as you. I would never give the Maloofs a single nickel right now. It's not going to make a difference either way what the attendance is in the remaining home games. The fact of the matter is we've been one of the lowest attendance the past few years. I really doubt selling out a few games in the next month is going to persuade a billionaire to purchase the team and keep it in Sacramento....either way.

Bricklayer

Far from it. They are depending on you and people thinking like you to do exactly what you are saying you will do: nothing. That's their surest path to victory. If they have you buffaloed, then they are going to walk off with what's yours and a smirk on their face. Showing up is the surest way to hurt them. And the surest way to supprot KJ's efforts. Its 1000x easier for himt o make his argument in front of a packed house. 1000x easier for him to line up an alternate owner if he can say "see? This is what you get," and not have that mean 7000 morose fans.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
well, the problem is that the league has no way to prove "spite." nor would they have a compelling reason to block the sale to hansen, should it hypothetically be completed tomorrow, unless kevin johnson has ron burkle or some other coalition of investors on speed dial prepared to submit a counteroffer.

i am not encouraged by this statement from johnson, though: "We need to put ourselves in a position to find an ownership group and buyers to keep the team here in Sacramento." why must he "find an ownership group and buyers"? what's more, why does sacramento "need to put [itself] in a position" to do so? hasn't johnson been diligent on this front? hasn't he prepared for the possibility of a sale?

i'm a little confused, as i was under the impression that he was organizing behind the scenes. but it seems to me that KJ's just been waiting the maloofs out, which is a tenuous position, at best. either that or he has an ace in the hole (burkle) that he's choosing not to reveal at this time (which would be strange, considering burkle's prior involvement in arena negotiations has already been made public). if there's no buyer already in the wings, however, i'm skeptical of sacramento's chances.

the maloofs are obviously not keeping johnson apprised of their business dealings. he received today's news at the same time we did. and i imagine it takes time to line up the kind of serious investors necessary to negotiate a potential purchase of this magnitude. what if the seattle deal is consummated before johnson can find a legitimate local buyer? how's the nba gonna justify blocking the sale to hansen if there are no competing offers?

and here's the bottom line, folks: chris hansen would be good for the league. an nba team returning to seattle would be good for the league. the maloofs' exit from the ownership ranks would be good for the league. the kings remaining in sacramento with a new ownership group committed to winning would also be good for the league, but until such an ownership group materializes (and we have no proof that one will, while seattle has an ownership group already negotiating directly with the maloofs), this team's likely headed north...
Wrong. Spite is easy to prove. Did the Maloofs make Kevin Johnson and/or potential Sacto buyers aware of their desire to sell at or prior to discussions with Seattle? If not, that's spite. And going forward, if the Maloofs get a comparable offer from a Sacto group to Seattle and want to go with Seattle, that would be spite.

Kevin Johnson said in yesterday's news conference he has at least two potential parties that are interested in buying the Kings and keeping them in Sacto. So don't wallow in the mire just yet.

Bricklayer

I really doubt selling out a few games in the next month is going to persuade a billionaire to purchase the team and keep it in Sacramento....either way.
That's foolish. The entire point you are tyring to establish is that the attendance is an illusion. Because you know what? By attendance you might have been the WORST fanbase in the NBA for the past 3-4 years. That has only helped the Maloofs make their argument. Now you need to make yours. You need the highlight shows to comment on the packed house. The news stories. You need for it to be a black eye for the league to take the team.

You are going to end up helping the Maloofs if you do not suck it up and engage here. The ex is trying to run off wiht the children, and you are withholding the alimony because you don't like her. But all that does is play into her hands. Now she WILL get the children...because you gave them to her.

There is no more time for this stuff. If denying the Maloofs money was designed to force them to sell, well it worked. But that is over. They are going. Don't let such dimbulbs make you into a stooge for them. Whatever they want, you do the opposite. Right now they don't want you there. So be there. **** 'em.

That's foolish. The entire point you are tyring to establish is that the attendance is an illusion. Because you know what? By attendance you might have been the WORST fanbase in the NBA for the past 3-4 years. That has only helped the Maloofs make their argument. Now you need to make yours. You need the highlight shows to comment on the packed house. The news stories. You need for it to be a black eye for the league to take the team.

You are going to end up helping the Maloofs if you do not suck it up and engage here. The ex is trying to run off wiht the children, and you are withholding the alimony because you don't like her. But all that does is play into her hands. Now she WILL get the children...because you gave them to her.

There is no more time for this stuff. If denying the Maloofs money was designed to force them to sell, well it worked. But that is over. They are going. Don't let such dimbulbs make you into a stooge for them. Whatever they want, you do the opposite. Right now they don't want you there. So be there. **** 'em.
Can you imagine the impact that it could have if Sportscenter was talking for the next 3-4 weeks about angry/determined Sacramento fans selling out STA? Booing the Maloofs and cheering the players like none other? If every shot felt like a game winner (whether we win or lose?) This could only encourage gun shy investors on taking a chance with a fanbase that loves their team but is disgusted by the gross mismanagement of the Maloof era.

Bricklayer

Can you imagine the impact that it could have if Sportscenter was talking for the next 3-4 weeks about angry/determined Sacramento fans selling out STA? Booing the Maloofs and cheering the players like none other? If every shot felt like a game winner (whether we win or lose?) This could only encourage gun shy investors on taking a chance with a fanbase that loves their team but is disgusted by the gross mismanagement of the Maloof era.

I've been trying to argue that all year. But now it just HAS to be. This is a sprint now. A few weeks, maybe 4-6 weeks at most since it needs to be done for the Seattle group before Mar 1st so they could file for relocation. This is all happening NOW. A huge loud turnout for just a few weeks is allIi ask. There are only 9 home games between now and when they would have to file. 9 games! Fill the damn place up and be loud and you might actually influence events. You could actually save your own team, not for a season, but for decades. And then we wouldn't have to worry about this crap anymore.

These could be your last 9 games of thinking of this team as your own. Make them count. Its your last best argument for keeping your team. Its also your last best moment to argue for ever getting another one. If you let Seattle just stroll off with your team, the place WILL be a tomb after Mar 1st. Eveything will be lost then. Its not lost yet. Get out there now. Bring some friends. Make the Maloofs look like utter fools for all the world. Its not their team. It never was. Its yours.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I've been trying to argue that all year. But now it just HAS to be. This is a sprint now. A few weeks, maybe 4-6 weeks at most since it needs to be done for the Seattle group before Mar 1st so they could file for relocation. This is all happening NOW. A huge loud turnout for just a few weeks is allIi ask. There are only 9 home games between now and when they would have to file. 9 games! Fill the damn place up and be loud and you might actually influence events. You could actually save your own team, not for a season, but for decades. And then we wouldn't have to worry about this crap anymore.

These could be your last 9 games of thinking of this team as your own. Make them count. Its your last best argument for keeping your team. Its also your last best moment to argue for ever getting another one. If you let Seattle just stroll off with your team, the place WILL be a tomb after Mar 1st. Eveything will be lost then. Its not lost yet. Get out there now. Bring some friends. Make the Maloofs look like utter fools for all the world. Its not their team. It never was. Its yours.
Almost like you watched Braveheart or something. ;) Agreed on all counts, by the way.

Wrong. Spite is easy to prove. Did the Maloofs make Kevin Johnson and/or potential Sacto buyers aware of their desire to sell at or prior to discussions with Seattle? If not, that's spite. And going forward, if the Maloofs get a comparable offer from a Sacto group to Seattle and want to go with Seattle, that would be spite.

Kevin Johnson said in yesterday's news conference he has at least two potential parties that are interested in buying the Kings and keeping them in Sacto. So don't wallow in the mire just yet.
wrong. it proves nothing, except that the maloofs have chosen to negotiate with a potential buyer in seattle. it's their choice. people keep acting like we live in a fair world, where the good guys win and the bad guys lose. but the maloofs don't have to do anything, which includes extending courtesy towards kevin johnson and the city of sacramento. yes, they're *******s. we all know that. unfortunately, it is still their franchise. they can seek buyers wherever they please. david stern and the nba's board of governors threw sacramento a rope last year by blocking the kings' move to anaheim, a city in an nba-saturated southern california market. blocking a sale and eventual move to seattle--a popular big market searching for a new nba team after losing one--is another thing entirely. if johnson can rally up a buyer who can deliver a competing offer, then that's great. i'm all for it. but, with the march 1st deadline for relocation around the corner, i'm betting that the seattle group bends over backwards to sweeten the pot for the maloofs to stave off potential northern california buyers. i'm simply trying to emphasize what i see, and what i see is a committed (and identified) group of buyers in seattle actively negotiating the purchase of the sacramento kings from the maloofs. if david stern decides he's still on board with sacramento, however, and if kevin johnson truly has a serious buyer waiting in the wings to save the day, then we shall all rejoice upon hearing that the kings will stay in sacramento under the banner of new ownership. but these remain big ifs at the moment, and until i see the northern CA buyer(s) materialize, counteroffer(s) in hand, i am choosing to be cautious with my optimism...

This. Times 100. Preventing the Maloofs from making a small profit (pennies to them really, anyway, even with their debt) is NOT more important than fighting to keep the team. Now is the time to sell out the games and shout louder than ever.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Almost like you watched Braveheart or something. ;) Agreed on all counts, by the way.
Or maybe a different movie:

Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Sacramento, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Fans of the Kings!*