The Harry Giles option conundrum

VF21

#KingsFansForever
Staff member
What is the problem? I was responding to a comment by stating the factual situation.

If you don’t like facts or discussion, feel free to pm me.
Dude, you're coming across as more negative than Debbie Downer. Not every post has to be fact-checked, especially when some "facts" are still theory.

Because you're new here, you may not yet have gauged the spirit/tone of a lot of our long-tenured members.

How’d that go?
The whole interview was very good. Harry is very emotional about his climb through all these injuries and is very appreciative towards the fans.

For the C word. Grant surprisingly asked how he’s dealing with all the talk through social media and everything surrounding his contract situation. He gave the pro answer you’d expect about blocking it all out and being in the moment but him saying the words “the end” and “tough situation” and “tough decision” made me wince but I’m especially pissed they declined his option and it obviously didn’t give me any hope that Harry expects to be back next season...nor that he doesn’t expect to be back but we all know the Kings are in a tight spot with how he’s playing and Harry sounded like he knew there will be real options.

The whole interview was very good. Harry is very emotional about his climb through all these injuries and is very appreciative towards the fans.

For the C word. Grant surprisingly asked how he’s dealing with all the talk through social media and everything surrounding his contract situation. He gave the pro answer you’d expect about blocking it all out and being in the moment but him saying the words “the end” and “tough situation” and “tough decision” made me wince but I’m especially pissed they declined his option and it obviously didn’t give me any hope that Harry expects to be back next season...nor that he doesn’t expect to be back but we all know the Kings are in a tight spot with how he’s playing and Harry sounded like he knew there will be real options.
Yeah, I winced hard at that point too... I guess maybe because I was kinda dreaming in my head that he'd say something to calm me down...

:rolleyes:

There is one bright spot of the season being suspended. If the rest of the regular season games are canceled, the Kings chances of retaining Harry Giles just improved.

With such a small sample size of games where HG started (17 games) and played well for us, the likelihood of a team going out and offering HG an oversized contract offer just went way down.

So there's that. ;)

There is one bright spot of the season being suspended. If the rest of the regular season games are canceled, the Kings chances of retaining Harry Giles just improved.

With such a small sample size of games where HG started (17 games) and played well for us, the likelihood of a team going out and offering HG an oversized contract offer just went way down.

So there's that. ;)
Literally the only chance but still 5million is chump change to team, why not offer that if you’re SA, Detroit, Charlotte, or NY

Literally the only chance but still 5million is chump change to team, why not offer that if you’re SA, Detroit, Charlotte, or NY
If the NBA cancels the rest of the regular season, they will lose a ton on their total income for the year. That in turn will also cause the Salary Cap for next year to decrease significantly from projections. Next years salary cap may be a lower than this year.

Teams that thought they would have salary cap space next year, may not have as much to spend. A team may be less willing to offer a sizable enough contract to HG, given his extensive injury history.

I would think that a $5 million offer wouldn't be enough for HG to give up his Bird Rights, which could net him $10 million or more per year the following summer with the Kings.