Sorry guys, had to do it - ANOTHER trade proposal

Corliss would be Ok if he quit taking jumpers. He's a bulldog when he goes to the rack. Can't hit any open jumpers most of the time. I don't know if Cuttino will be a good fit for us or not. He has a lot of talent he just has to realize that this is Mike's team not his. We need a shot blocker! We need a Bowen type defender too. If we had a big man blocking shots and a guy that could guard 2's and 3's our D would be good enough to win it all. This is a lot easier said than done though. That's why I leave it up to Geoff to figure out who to get.

teamdimechampionship said:
Corliss would be Ok if he quit taking jumpers. He's a bulldog when he goes to the rack. Can't hit any open jumpers most of the time. I don't know if Cuttino will be a good fit for us or not. He has a lot of talent he just has to realize that this is Mike's team not his. We need a shot blocker! We need a Bowen type defender too. If we had a big man blocking shots and a guy that could guard 2's and 3's our D would be good enough to win it all. This is a lot easier said than done though. That's why I leave it up to Geoff to figure out who to get.
We have a guy named Brian Skinner that can block shots.

And the reason why Corliss shoot those jumpers is because the opponents leave him open knowing he's not a good jumpshooter. Other than that, you'll always seem him in the low post which is his strength.

gotpitbull said:
If you're going to make a trade, go for broke ;)
Cleveland Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
LeBron James 6-8 SF from St. Vincent - St. Mary HS 27.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 7.1 apg in 42.3 minutes

Incoming
Brian Skinner 6-9 PF from Baylor 4.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 19.4 minutes

Change in team outlook: -22.4 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -6.2 apg.

Successful Scenario
Uhmmm.....lol

Kings are going to have to address the big man situation through trade or free agency. Tag and Corliss, and possibly Kenny unless Songaila or Peja aren't back, are trade bait.

Free agency targets:
Swift (will be a tough sell with the MLE).
Chandler (ditto)
Gadzuric (could be had I think; Miller, Gadzuric, Songaila/Kenny, Skinner would be a solid big man rotation

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Peja will be packaged with Corliss. Petrie said after the Webber trade that it would be easier to move 2 BIG contracts than 1 HUGE contract. Peja is our only real trade bait. . .Bobby has never finished a season, ditto for Miller. Bibby is our only untouchable.

Mobley will be let go. OGs are a dime a dozen in this league, and there's nothing truly outstanding about him. I mean, if we want to be undersized at both guard spots, why not just start Bobby? It's a lot easier on the cap. I think after this summer we will be a lot younger, and relatively close to some cap space.

Packt said:
This man speaks the truth. A center who can score isn't a bad thing, but Brad's offensive game isn't any different from what we already have. His scoring will take away from Kenny's. It's his passing game that'll help us.

I don't see the fascinantion with Wally. Where would he play? He'd be scraping for minutes behind Peja. It's a redundance of talent. Unless people think we should give up Peja for Wally... I know Peja has been dissapointing this year, but his stock hasn't fallen that far.
Brads abilities will open the floor much more than it has been before. Teams won't be able to leave Kenny or Brad open, and if they do they could be in trouble.

Venom said:
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Peja will be packaged with Corliss. Petrie said after the Webber trade that it would be easier to move 2 BIG contracts than 1 HUGE contract. Peja is our only real trade bait. . .Bobby has never finished a season, ditto for Miller. Bibby is our only untouchable.

Mobley will be let go. OGs are a dime a dozen in this league, and there's nothing truly outstanding about him. I mean, if we want to be undersized at both guard spots, why not just start Bobby? It's a lot easier on the cap. I think after this summer we will be a lot younger, and relatively close to some cap space.
If Cat goes for nothing I would not understand that one. His salary coming off the cap does nothing for the Kings. They are so far over the cap the only way they can sign anyone outright is by dipping into their exceptions. If they do that they will not find anyone as skilled as Cat in that price range.

I fwe hav learned anything this season, it is that there are NO untouchables on our team. Personally, I hope we keep Bibby, Peja, Miller, and Bobby. I think the consistency is important after all the upheaval this season. I know that Miller and BJax have missed a lot, but they are still VERY important pieces to our team. That being said, I'll trust anything Petrie does until something major doesn't work.

SacTownKid said:
If Cat goes for nothing I would not understand that one. His salary coming off the cap does nothing for the Kings. They are so far over the cap the only way they can sign anyone outright is by dipping into their exceptions. If they do that they will not find anyone as skilled as Cat in that price range.

Taking off his current salary doesn't help much, but adding the salary he will be demanding hurts. I just don't think he's worth it. If this team was still on the brink of a championship then you would keep him. But we are going to go through a 2-3 year reloading phase, much like the Suns just did. There is no compelling reason to keep Cat on the roster, at the 2 spot, which is the easiest spot to fill in the NBA.

So many trade ideas going on, its giving me a headache (lets just wait and see how we do next year);

why don't we just trade uniforms with spurs or heck just trade the entire team for the alanta hawks

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
skillet said:
So many trade ideas going on, its giving me a headache (lets just wait and see how we do next year);

why don't we just trade uniforms with spurs or heck just trade the entire team for the alanta hawks
This is the business -- you make moves until you find a group than can get it done. This one currently can't, so moves have to be made. Now what they are exactly I'm sure none of us really know.

As an aside, I doubt that Petrie or the Maloofs see this as a 2 or 3 year rebuilding project. It may in fact be, but I doubt they'd admit that and I'm pretty sure they are going to make moves with the idea of putting a legitimate contender on the floor again next year. If they decided to tear it all down, trade all our pieces for a variety of young talent, and let them gel over the next couple of seasons I could see that, and might even support it if we had some real studs to watch develop. But just don't see it.

Bricklayer said:
This is the business -- you make moves until you find a group than can get it done. This one currently can't, so moves have to be made. Now what they are exactly I'm sure none of us really know.

As an aside, I doubt that Petrie or the Maloofs see this as a 2 or 3 year rebuilding project. It may in fact be, but I doubt they'd admit that and I'm pretty sure they are going to make moves with the idea of putting a legitimate contender on the floor again next year. If they decided to tear it all down, trade all our pieces for a variety of young talent, and let them gel over the next couple of seasons I could see that, and might even support it if we had some real studs to watch develop. But just don't see it.
Not rebuilding, reloading. I don't think we're going to fall out of the playoffs, this team is in nowhere near the disarray of the T-Wolves or Lakers. But I do think that the Kings retool the talent on this team, and get some guys who are a little more dedicated to winning, which means getting better every summer.

Bricklayer said:

Yeah it would seem like a waste of time considering the team now is still a very good team, talent wise, just need to gel together and possibly make some moves.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Venom said:
Not rebuilding, reloading. I don't think we're going to fall out of the playoffs, this team is in nowhere near the disarray of the T-Wolves or Lakers. But I do think that the Kings retool the talent on this team, and get some guys who are a little more dedicated to winning, which means getting better every summer.
Well, the point would be that we're not going to just turn the SG position over to a kid or leave it vacant. Its hard to tell how far off we are, but we've certainly got enough players and pieces stacked up to put together a serious team next year, assuming of course that Geoff can see the issues we have.

In some ways I'm not sure if we have any players other than Bibby who are really championship type guys -- fiery clutch competitors with talent. So I could see keeping Mike and trying to do the Phoenix with the rest of the roster. But it seems more likely we'll keep our core shooters and try to fill in aorund them with guys who do the work they can't or won't. As an aside -- I have real doubts whether that approach wins a title, and there may be a reason Geoff never has. But it seems the most likely.

Last edited:
Twix said:
I don't see the point of getting Hedo. Hedo needs more than 10+ mins to have a good game. He won't ever be a starter if he's in the Kings unless Pedja leaves. Pedja will always play 35+ mins as a King. So I don't see Hedo coming back.

And we don't even know for sure if Cuttino is going to stay with the Kings.
Positives: Hedo's a swing man; he can play the 2 or the 3. He's deceptively quick for a guy his size. Kings seem to run better when we have a tallish 2 guard, like Doug. He can obviously shoot the ball well. Seems pretty durable.

Problems: He suffers from the same chronic aversion to rebounding that so many other kings players suffer with. San Antonio seemed tickled to get him until they discovered the "secret rebounding shame" he carried from Sactown. From what I've seen, he looks like one of the nicest people you could ever meet. However, Kings ball does not tolerate players with low bball IQ or poor court vision. I think Hedo may fall into this category. Then again, I have not seen him play much in the last year. He could have really grown.

SacTownKid said:
Yeah it would seem like a waste of time considering the team now is still a very good team, talent wise, just need to gel together and possibly make some moves.
That has been this board's panacea for the past 5 years. Sooner or later (I prefer sooner) Geoff is going to need to get some guys with a passion for the game, and a passion for winning that doesn't end with the regular season and then restart after joining their national team.